Praxis Seizure: Dallas 2000 Results and Winning Deck

The Lasombra

Jun 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/5/00
Praxis Seizure: Dallas 2000 Results

We had an excellent turnout this 3rd of June 2000. We played
at Project A-Kon 2K, and had 14 players show up in addition to
the judge. The best prior Texas DCI tournament only had eight.

We had 8 Dallas players, 1 from Charlotte, North Carolina,
1 from Columbus, Ohio, and 4 players from Austin.

We had two tables of 5 and one table of 4 each round. We only
had one table time out due to the persistence of a Ravnos deck
that simply couldn't be killed.

We only had one table swept, but all of the games (except the one
that timed) out only had 2 people with victory points each round.

We had a wide variety of decks, some that were very focused,
while others seemed to lack cohesion because of the extent
of the various things they were trying to do.

Delaying Tactics, Information Highway, Elysium, Majesty,
Sudden Reversal, and some form of bleed bounce seemed to be
the most popular cards making appearances in almost every deck.

Toreadors were also very popular this tournament.

The Decks of Praxis Seizure: Dallas are here:

http://members.tripod.com/~Lasombra/psd2kdecks.htm

The players names, and their decks:

Ethan Burrow Princely Weenie Dominate
David Edelstein Princes Just Say No
Matt Heslin Same Old Ventrue
William Dockendorf Bleed of the Weenies
Norman Brown Jr. Spiridonas The Boxer
Michael W. Jones Toreador Vote/Bleed Deck
Jay Kristoff Unnamed Presence Deck
Chester Zink Toreador Run-N-Gun
Liz Dockendorf Presence Bleed Deck
Kelly Nine Environmental Ravnos
TJ Fullington Brujah Bleed!
R. Brian Smith Aching Changes
Byran Landry Toreador Celerity Weapons
Dale Millard Corruption

Matt Heslin led the way into the finals with 10.5 victory points.
William Dockendorf was close behind with 8 victory points.
Ethan Burrow had 7 victory points.
Norman Brown Jr. (X-Zealot) had 4 victory points.
David Edelstein just edged out Michael Jones with tournament points,
as they both had 3 victory points.

In the final round, Norm preyed on David, David preyed on Matt,
Matt preyed on William, William preyed on Ethan, and Ethan preyed
on Norm.

David was able to oust Matt as Matt's hand was jammed with Obedience
and combat cards, while David was doing the sexy bleed thing with
Seduction and/or Jost.

Ethan ousted Norm with a Misdirection / Sleeping Mind combo,
preventing Norm's Second Tradition from keeping him alive.

Ethan then ousted David, then William with an all out rush
of weenies bleeding as it was simply a matter of time before
Williams' weenie deck would be able to overcome Ethan.

Individuals involved in the games may post more later, I
am still emotionally drained from having to copy everything
over from the Archon tournament report by hand onto paper
then into my Quattro Pro spreadsheet so that I could use
the information, although it was a great help during the
tournament.

The following is the official list of ratings changes for
the Methuselah's participating in the tournament:

Name Old Rating Rounds New Rating
Ethan Burrow 3007 4 3125
David Edelstein 3000 4 3073
Matt Heslin 3000 4 3107
William Dockendorf 3000 4 3029
Norman Brown 3040 4 3051
Michael Jones 3055 3 3063
Jay Kristoff 3000 3 3034
Chester Zink 3000 3 3003
Elizabeth Dockendorf 3000 3 2953
Kelly Nine 3023 3 2966
TJ Fullington 2924 3 2882
R. Brian Smith 2984 3 2920
Byran Landry 3000 3 2913
Dale Millard 3000 3 2914

The following is Ethan Burrow's Winning Deck:
Princely Weenie Dominate

Crypt:

Samson
Jing Wei
Constanza Vinti
Gloria Giovanni
Cameron
Ohanna
Donal O'Connor
Royce
Sir Walter Nash
Gilbert Duane
Mustafa Rahman
Christine Boscacci

Library:

Action:
The Third Tradition: Progeny x7
Govern the Unaligned x10

Action modifier:
Foreshadowing Destruction x6
The Sleeping Mind x4
Conditioning x7

Combat:
Open Grate x4
Dodge x6
Fake Out x8

Master:
Misdirection x10
Dominate x6
Secure Haven x3
The Parthenon x2
Minion Tap x3
The Barrens

Reaction:
Deflection x5
Redirection x2
Pulling Strings x3

Carpe Noctem.

Lasombra

http://members.tripod.com/~Lasombra

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Ethan Burrow

Jun 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/5/00
The pictures I took plus some commentary are posted at
http://whitestar.ddg.com/vtes/dallas2000.html

I had a great time, hope to see everyone soon.

In article <8hfbt6$akb$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,

The Lasombra <TheLa...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Individuals involved in the games may post more later, I
> am still emotionally drained from having to copy everything
> over from the Archon tournament report by hand onto paper
> then into my Quattro Pro spreadsheet so that I could use
> the information, although it was a great help during the
> tournament.

Ethan Burrow - Prince of Austin
et...@ddg.com
http://whitestar.ddg.com/vtes/

X_Ze...@email.msn.com

Jun 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/5/00
In article <8hfbt6$akb$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,
The Lasombra <TheLa...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Praxis Seizure: Dallas 2000 Results
>
> We had an excellent turnout this 3rd of June 2000. We played
> at Project A-Kon 2K, and had 14 players show up in addition to
> the judge. The best prior Texas DCI tournament only had eight.
>
> We had 8 Dallas players, 1 from Charlotte, North Carolina,
> 1 from Columbus, Ohio, and 4 players from Austin.

and one from Lafayette, La. (you know the abosolute farthest point from
the center of the Jyhad community)

Just my Two Cents,
Norman S. Brown Jr.
X_Zealot
Archon of the Swamp

R. Brian Smith

Jun 5, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/5/00
In article <8hg7ev$tjc$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>, Ethan Burrow <saa...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> The pictures I took plus some commentary are posted at
> http://whitestar.ddg.com/vtes/dallas2000.html
>
> I had a great time, hope to see everyone soon.
>

> In article <8hfbt6$akb$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,
> The Lasombra <TheLa...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> > Individuals involved in the games may post more later, I
> > am still emotionally drained from having to copy everything
> > over from the Archon tournament report by hand onto paper
> > then into my Quattro Pro spreadsheet so that I could use
> > the information, although it was a great help during the
> > tournament.

ahh, the reports and the pictures just never express the full amount of
stuff going on during the tournament. Though I got totally blanked (0 vp -
some of that was due to bad luck in seating, some because people on the
other side of the table saw me as a major threat and decided to toss the
edge to kill me during a crucial vote. Ironically enough they didn't
survive to see their turn. I'm not bitter, I just needed to vent a little,
my biggest pet peeve is being ousted by people who are across the table
from me.), I had a hell of a good time. If Ethan David and Mike can keep
up the good work I might just have to fly down from Indiana next year to
bleed them again.

Thanks guys!!

David Edelstein

Jun 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/6/00
Well, if anyone is interested, I have posted my deck ("Princes Just Say
No") and comments about its performance at the tournament on my website:
http://www.amadan.org/VTES/d-Princes_Just_Say_No.html

This was my first tournament, and it was lots of fun! Needless to say, I
was enormously surprised to make it to the final round, much less take
second place. Having had a chance to analyze my mistakes and the
weaknesses of my deck, I am looking forward to the next tournament. <g>

Many thanks to Merlisk and Lasombra for organizing and running this
thing!

And if you are in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, we're playing regular
biweekly games now....check out http://www.amadan.org/VTES/Garland.html.

-David (another shameless plug to increase my hit counter)