EC Welcome Party - Worth it or not?

0 views
Skip to first unread message

a...@student.chalmers.se

unread,
Jun 7, 2007, 11:31:58 AM6/7/07
to
Hi!
I'm looking in to the possibility of hosting a welcome party for the
EC on the evening of August 2. We have a possible venue for it located
very close to the EC venue that hosts 120 sitting guests.
Only problem is that it's another cost and we are operating on a very
tight budget, this would mean that attending the party would cost ~50
SEK to cover for the venue fees.
I haven't done much planning, but the current idea seems like an
evening of vtes and bring your own liquer to build up our own minibar
(which would be free of charge if we all try to bring something to eat
or drink).

So, what's he general opinion? Would it be worth the entrance fee to
attend a party like this??
All the best
Alex Ek
EC2007 Organizer

Don't forget to register at the newly opened ec07 registration
http://ec2007.vekn.nu/

Huruem

unread,
Jun 7, 2007, 12:02:21 PM6/7/07
to
You NEED to do this party, otherwise I'll be one of the guys who will
come in your flat with the liquer and the decks and wreck your place
^^

Huruem

Peteo

unread,
Jun 7, 2007, 12:56:14 PM6/7/07
to

Even though I am not likely to come, I endorse this idea on
principle :-)

Peteo

hugh.an...@gmail.com

unread,
Jun 8, 2007, 7:31:31 AM6/8/07
to

>
> So, what's he general opinion? Would it be worth the entrance fee to
> attend a party like this??

Damn right its a good idea - otherwise your flat is gonna be very
cramped with 4 'happy' Brits and a Frenchman.


However I suggest that Frenchies (well one Frenchy at least) should be
banned as he thinks Guinness is the best thing ever produced........

XZealot

unread,
Jun 8, 2007, 7:36:32 AM6/8/07
to

> However I suggest that Frenchies (well one Frenchy at least) should be
> banned as he thinks Guinness is the best thing ever produced........

Beer is good.

Strong beer is gooder.

Comments Welcome,
Norman S. Brown, Jr
XZealot
Archon of the Swamp


Blooded Sand

unread,
Jun 8, 2007, 9:13:19 AM6/8/07
to

Dude, there's this beer in Belgium thats like 15% alcohol. It is very,
very tasty too. Dangerous stuff i tell ya!

Johannes Walch

unread,
Jun 8, 2007, 11:03:49 AM6/8/07
to
a...@student.chalmers.se schrieb:

> I'm looking in to the possibility of hosting a welcome party for the
> EC on the evening of August 2. We have a possible venue for it located
> very close to the EC venue that hosts 120 sitting guests.
> Only problem is that it's another cost and we are operating on a very
> tight budget, this would mean that attending the party would cost ~50
> SEK to cover for the venue fees.

Depends on the place, I would really say.
I prefer a rather loose atmosphere than something restaurant-like.

> I haven't done much planning, but the current idea seems like an
> evening of vtes and bring your own liquer to build up our own minibar
> (which would be free of charge if we all try to bring something to eat
> or drink).

Why not have a cook-out? Are there options (places) to do that? So
everybody just hast to bring stuff to the cook-out (booze+meat) and all
that needs to be organized are 2-3 grills.

The general evening of vtes and bring you own liquer sounds fine as
well, but where would that be?

Johannes

Matthew T. Morgan

unread,
Jun 8, 2007, 12:04:38 PM6/8/07
to
On Thu, 7 Jun 2007 a...@student.chalmers.se wrote:

> So, what's he general opinion? Would it be worth the entrance fee to
> attend a party like this??

Sounds like a good time. 50 SEK, looks like it's about $7.14 in US
currency or 5.35 EUR. From your description, I gather people could play
vtes or not at the party? That would probably be best.

Matt Morgan

a...@student.chalmers.se

unread,
Jun 8, 2007, 1:40:12 PM6/8/07
to

To clarify...
The ~50 SEK would pay for the location. Nothing more.
We will thus have a room with room for 120 sitting guests.

To that room we would bring beer/liquer, perhaps some food,
people and vtes cards. Or atleast that is my current plan.

The arhipelago picnic (august 8 iirc) will be more of a cook out,
bring your
coolers, grills etc out to the Gothenburg archipelago. Enjoy
the beautiful area and relax.

I hope this clarifies things alittle
Regards
Alex

Joshua Duffin

unread,
Jun 8, 2007, 3:50:05 PM6/8/07
to
On Jun 8, 1:40 pm, a...@student.chalmers.se wrote:

> To clarify...
> The ~50 SEK would pay for the location. Nothing more.
> We will thus have a room with room for 120 sitting guests.
>
> To that room we would bring beer/liquer, perhaps some food,
> people and vtes cards. Or atleast that is my current plan.
>
> The arhipelago picnic (august 8 iirc) will be more of a cook out,
> bring your
> coolers, grills etc out to the Gothenburg archipelago. Enjoy
> the beautiful area and relax.
>
> I hope this clarifies things alittle

That sounds fine to me. It sounds like if this welcome-party did not
take place, there would not really be any good location for folks to
congregate on Friday night? I'd be fine with paying the 50 SEK for a
space to hang out in that night.


Josh

ready for an arctic vacation already and it's not even officially
summer yet

Johannes Walch

unread,
Jun 8, 2007, 5:40:42 PM6/8/07
to
Joshua Duffin schrieb:

Yeah, seconded. If there is allready an occasion for cook-out (I like
those) and we can bring our own stuff to the place that sounds perfect.
We can bring sandwiches or similiar.

Johannes

a...@student.chalmers.se

unread,
Jun 8, 2007, 6:00:28 PM6/8/07
to

To clarify even more. august 2 is the Thursday. The welcome party will
be on thursday evening, the evening before the day of the LCQ. If
people want to congregate on friday they can visit the pub that is
located about 10m from the EC venue, in the same building. It's the
students bar, open all summer for anyone who wants to attend. I'm not
sure if you can play vtes there but I guess I could ask them.
They might have an entrance fee, but that is weighted up by being one
of the cheapest places in Gothenburg, a beer will cost 29 SEK. They're
open friday and saturday, 21-03.
I'm also sure that it will be possible to play and congregate at other
locations. We might even have access to the EC venue all evening.
Is everything clear now? ;)
We will discuss this on a meeting tomorrow and decide if we want to
hire the party location.
Regards
Alex

Huruem

unread,
Jun 8, 2007, 6:16:34 PM6/8/07
to

Nah, only Nicolas still thinks that way, and me, I've grown up since
the last time you came here man ;) it's been almost four years now,
I've had a lot of time to test some other beers, ask Anthony ^^

a...@student.chalmers.se

unread,
Jun 11, 2007, 4:24:28 AM6/11/07
to

Hello Newsgroup Dwellers!
A location for the party should be booked as of now.
Details surrounding the party will be put on the website when I know
more about my partyplans :D
I'll post here once the info is on the website
Regards
Alex Ek
VEKN Prince of Gothenburg
EC 2007 Organiser
http://ec2007.vekn.nu/

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages