[Question] Chain of command, Descend into darkness, Blissful agony

_angst_

Jun 15, 2004, 6:10:13 PM6/15/04
Hi, time for me to ask some questions...

Scenario 1. A vampire brought into play with chain of command bleeds
with a govern. He plays daring the dawn on basic fortitude.
Which one of the following resolutions is correct if the bleed was
successful?

1. The vampire is brought back to the bottom of your crypt before he
burns with daring.
2. He/She burns and is placed in the ashheap.
3. He/She burns and is placed in the ashheap, then he/she is brought
to the bottom of your crypt.

Scenario 2. A vampire plays superior Descend into darkness and then
plays basic Daring the Dawn.
Which resolution is correct?

1. The vampire goes out of play before suffering any damage at all.
2. The vampire takes the damage, goes into torpor and then leaves
play. When he/she comes back he/she comes back into the ready region.
3. The vampire takes the damage, goes into torpor and then leaves
play. When he/she comes back he/she comes back into the torpor region.

If multiple resolutions is correct. Can the acting player choose which
he wants to apply?

Scenario 3. Adonai rushes a vampire and plays superior Blissful agony
to force opposing minion to enter combat with someone else (one of his
preys vampires in this scenario).

Who is the acting minion in the resulting combat?
Haven't seen any rulings on this...

Best wishes
//Alex/_angst_

LSJ

Jun 15, 2004, 7:02:42 PM6/15/04
_angst_ wrote:
> Hi, time for me to ask some questions...
>
> Scenario 1. A vampire brought into play with chain of command bleeds
> with a govern. He plays daring the dawn on basic fortitude.
> Which one of the following resolutions is correct if the bleed was
> successful?
>
> 2. He/She burns and is placed in the ashheap.

This. Burned vampires aren't fetched by effects unless explicit.

> Scenario 2. A vampire plays superior Descend into darkness and then
> plays basic Daring the Dawn.
> Which resolution is correct?
>
> 1. The vampire goes out of play before suffering any damage at all.

This. The DtD damage comes after resolving the action. Damage
applied to uncontrolled vampires is ignored. The previous example
was self-Banishment (before Banishment was changed to read "younger").

> Scenario 3. Adonai rushes a vampire and plays superior Blissful agony
> to force opposing minion to enter combat with someone else (one of his
> preys vampires in this scenario).
>
> Who is the acting minion in the resulting combat?

Neither minion is the acting minion.

The unnamed opposing minion plays cards first, since she is higher in the
priority list than the unnamed someone else:

1) Acting
2) (D)-Target/Blocker
3) Others (clockwise from Acting)

> Haven't seen any rulings on this...

Google: "blissful acting author:LSJ" turns up a few.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/