Cards and timing

David Pontes

Jun 30, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/30/97
to vte...@regency.wizards.com

Hi there everyone! I got some more strange stuff:

- Telepathic Vote Counting can cancel a political action. At what
time can this happen? Can I play it in response to a blocking attempt?

- When a master card has a target, or something that is yet to be
decided (for example, the number of minions to be tapped by a
Misdirections), at what time can a Sudden Reversal be played? Can it
happen after the acting player decides the details of his master phase, or
can a player wait for a sudden reversal to hit before he decides what to
do with the card? (e.g. "I play Unnatural Disaster. No sudddens? Ok, then
it's my prey's HG that gets burt, who can't sudden me now coz I already
gave him a chance to do so.")

- Are there any changes on the DCI tournament rules that include
card limits (and please don't use this as an excuse to start a CL argument
(: )? I ask this because I refereed a tournament this weekend, and one of
my players said he saw something on the Internet saying so. I asked him to
show it to me, and failing to do so I told him to take a hike. Anyway, I
got curious. Maybe he saw the Sensible Players Tournament Rules?

Thanks for anything,

David Pontes

8[

LSJ (VtES Rep)

Jun 30, 1997, 3:00:00 AM6/30/97

David Pontes wrote:
> - Telepathic Vote Counting can cancel a political action. At what
> time can this happen? Can I play it in response to a blocking attempt?

No. "During a political action" means during the resolution (the voting
process) of that action.

> - When a master card has a target, or something that is yet to be
> decided (for example, the number of minions to be tapped by a
> Misdirections), at what time can a Sudden Reversal be played? Can it
> happen after the acting player decides the details of his master phase, or
> can a player wait for a sudden reversal to hit before he decides what to
> do with the card? (e.g. "I play Unnatural Disaster. No sudddens? Ok, then
> it's my prey's HG that gets burt, who can't sudden me now coz I already
> gave him a chance to do so.")

The effect of the Master card is completely defined when the card is played.
So, when you play Unnatural Disaster, you specify what location you are
burning. Sudden Reversal can then be played in response.

> - Are there any changes on the DCI tournament rules that include
> card limits (and please don't use this as an excuse to start a CL argument
> (: )? I ask this because I refereed a tournament this weekend, and one of
> my players said he saw something on the Internet saying so. I asked him to
> show it to me, and failing to do so I told him to take a hike. Anyway, I
> got curious. Maybe he saw the Sensible Players Tournament Rules?

No card limits, no restricted list. Only a Banned List (Ante cards, Paralyze
cards, and Monocle).

--
L. Scott Johnson (vte...@regency.wizards.com)
Official VtES Net.Rep for Wizards of the Coast.