Rotschreck+Yawp Court

chromeboy

Aug 20, 2008, 6:56:54 PM8/20/08
I searched the newsgroup for rotschreck+yawp court but could not find
the answer:

So Rotschreck ends combat. Does Yawp court now set up an effect that
interrupts the going-to-torpor part of Rotschreck like psyche does?
Does it mean
A)the blocking minion takes 2 damage and than the acting minion goes
to torpor or does it mean
B)the blocking minion takes 2 damage and the referendum is conducted
as normal with the going to torpor part being cancled
or does it mean
C)I'm an idiot, rotschreck ends combat, the acting minion goes to
torpor and thats it?

Rotschreck:
Master: out-of-turn. <Frenzy.> Put this card on a vampire when an
opposing minion attempts to inflict aggravated damage on him or her,
whether the damage would be successfully inflicted or not. Combat
ends. This vampire is tapped and sent to torpor. This vampire does not
untap as normal. During this vampire's next untap phase, burn this
card.

Yawp Court:
Master: unique location. Requires a ready Sabbat vampire. Tap when a
political action is successful, before the referendum, to have a ready
untapped Sabbat vampire you control tap and enter combat with the
acting vampire. If the acting vampire is still ready at the end of
combat, the Sabbat vampire takes 2 damage, and the referendum is
conducted as normal.

Thrall of Arika

Aug 20, 2008, 7:14:58 PM8/20/08

Moot? The acting vampire cannot play Rotschreck on the Yawp Court
vampire.

Even with a 'play on your own turn' Rotschreck, I don't see why a
continuing action would have any further effect on the going to torpor
vampire. Combat ends, the acting vampire would still be ready, so the
Yawp vampire takes 2 damage. Combat is over with, the Yawp vampire
would then goes to torpor, and the referendum continues.

Chris, Thrall of Arika

chromeboy

Aug 20, 2008, 7:18:17 PM8/20/08
On 21 Aug., 01:14, Thrall of Arika <christopher.ack...@amec.com>
wrote:
> Chris, Thrall of Arika- Zitierten Text ausblenden -
>
> - Zitierten Text anzeigen -

I ment of course that the vampire yawping plays rotschreck on the
acting vampire

LSJ

Aug 20, 2008, 7:21:09 PM8/20/08
chromeboy wrote:
> I searched the newsgroup for rotschreck+yawp court but could not find
> the answer:

[Set-up: a political action is successful, and some Methuselah plays Yawp Court
and taps a Sabbat vampire. The Sabbat vampire attempts to inflict aggravated
damage on the acting vampire, and some Methuselah other than the acting
Methuselah plays Rötschreck on the acting vampire.]

> So Rotschreck ends combat. Does Yawp court now set up an effect that
> interrupts the going-to-torpor part of Rotschreck like psyche does?

No.

> Does it mean
> A)the blocking minion takes 2 damage and than the acting minion goes
> to torpor or does it mean
> B)the blocking minion takes 2 damage and the referendum is conducted
> as normal with the going to torpor part being cancled
> or does it mean
> C)I'm an idiot, rotschreck ends combat, the acting minion goes to
> torpor and thats it?

A (and no referendum is conducted).

John P.

Aug 21, 2008, 10:50:30 AM8/21/08
On Aug 20, 5:21 pm, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:

> chromeboy wrote:
> > So Rotschreck ends combat. Does Yawp court now set up an effect that
> > interrupts the going-to-torpor part of Rotschreck like psyche does?
>
> No.
>
> > Does it mean
> > A)the blocking minion takes 2  damage  and than the acting minion goes
> > to torpor

> A (and no referendum is conducted).

Just for my understanding here:
Acting minion is Rots'ed, combat ends.
Yawp court checks status at end of combat, acting minion not in
torpor, sabbat takes 2 damage.
Rots, after combat ends and Yawp court checks, sends the acting
vampire to torpor?

John P.
Winnipeg

LSJ