Byzar and Ex Nihilo - LSJ

Wedge

Aug 18, 2010, 12:34:26 PM8/18/10
If Byzar w/ Ex Nihilo and some blood chooses not to burn the blood he
gains a counter and goes to torpor. Is the condition for Ex Nihilo
done or must he still burn until he is removed from the game? Can he
then choose too burn a blood? I have no idea you would want to do so,
just asking.

Byzar, 10, AUS FOR NEC OBF dom pre, Harbingers of Skulls, 6, [HttB]

Sabbat: If Byzar would be burned, put a burn counter on him and move
him to torpor instead. If he has three burn counters, remove him from
the game. +1 stealth.

Ex Nihilo, Action, 1 blood, Necromancy, R2 , [FN:R2]
+1 stealth action.
[nec] Put this card on this vampire. The vampire with this card gets
+1 stealth. Damage inflicted by this vampire in combat is reduced to
0, and this vampire is immune to non-aggravated damage. This vampire
cannot gain blood; any blood this vampire gains goes to the blood bank
instead. During your master phase, this vampire burns 1 blood or is
burned. You may choose to burn this card during your untap phase.
[NEC] As above, but you may burn this card during any Methuselah`s
untap phase.

LSJ

Aug 18, 2010, 1:10:13 PM8/18/10
On Aug 18, 12:34 pm, Wedge <matt...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If Byzar w/ Ex Nihilo and some blood chooses not to burn the blood he
> gains a counter and goes to torpor. Is the condition for Ex Nihilo
> done or must he still burn until he is removed from the game? Can he
> then choose too burn a blood? I have no idea you would want to do so,
> just asking.

It's done. You've applied the burn effect once already, and it's
worded as "During X, do Y".

Demnogonis Saastuttaja

Aug 20, 2010, 6:49:56 AM8/20/10

Hey, does Byzar keep every card, counter and such if he burns and goes
to torpor with his special? I assumed he does since card text doesn't
say otherwise. And if somebody diablerizes him, what happens to his
blood/equipment, is the diablerie unsuccessful or not?

floppyzedolfin

Aug 20, 2010, 7:15:27 AM8/20/10
On Aug 20, 12:49 pm, Demnogonis Saastuttaja <vihako...@hotmail.com>
wrote:
He doesn't burn. He goes to torpor instead. Vampires keep cards and
counters on them when they go to torpor.

> And if somebody diablerizes him, what happens to his
> blood/equipment, is the diablerie unsuccessful or not?

Diablerie is unsuccessful.
http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/bdef64f0219f6093
No equipment is moved. No blood is moved.