jeez, I dunno

wijsman

Sep 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/24/99
hello there,

I've got a couple of questions (they just keep coming up).
nummero uno, what does 'cumulative penalties' in the first tradition
exactly mean? Can I skip a turn in order to 'reset' the cumulation?

second, what happens when derange is played on a vampire and the vampire
is no longer a member of his or her original clan? Is a brujah prince
now a malkavian antitribu prince? I probably missed the point to this
card, but what's the use of it?

Third, does rotschreck work when range is set at long?

Last, toreador grand ball states that you have to choose two ready
Toreador you control in order to get the unblockable effect. What if the
second vampire is burned or torporised later in the game? Is the first
vampire still unblockable?

Thanks again, Jan Willem. (Greetings to the prince of
Utrecht, I'll stop by the Joker some time soon)

LSJ

Sep 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/24/99
wijsman wrote:
> I've got a couple of questions (they just keep coming up).
> nummero uno, what does 'cumulative penalties' in the first tradition
> exactly mean? Can I skip a turn in order to 'reset' the cumulation?

No. cumulative != consecutive.
Once you have the total of the pool you have burned to the First Tradition
is six (or the number of turns you have skipped is three), the First
Tradition is burned.

> second, what happens when derange is played on a vampire and the vampire
> is no longer a member of his or her original clan? Is a brujah prince
> now a malkavian antitribu prince? I probably missed the point to this
> card, but what's the use of it?

A vampire can only belong to one clan. If the Brujah is deranged, then he
becomes Malkavian Antitribu and is no longer Brujah. Because the Malkavian
Antitribu clan is a Sabbat clan, he also becomes Sabbat and is no longer
Camarilla.
He loses the benefit of his prince title for as long as he is not
Camarilla [10].

> Third, does rotschreck work when range is set at long?

If the minion's attempt to use aggravated damage is effective at that
range, yes.

> Last, toreador grand ball states that you have to choose two ready
> Toreador you control in order to get the unblockable effect. What if the
> second vampire is burned or torporised later in the game? Is the first
> vampire still unblockable?

Yes.

--
LSJ (vte...@wizards.com) V:TES Net.Rep for Wizards of the Coast.
http://www.wizards.com/VTES/rules.asp

Fish Flowers

Sep 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/24/99
On Fri, 24 Sep 1999, LSJ wrote:

> > I've got a couple of questions (they just keep coming up).
> > nummero uno, what does 'cumulative penalties' in the first tradition
> > exactly mean? Can I skip a turn in order to 'reset' the cumulation?
>
> No. cumulative != consecutive.
> Once you have the total of the pool you have burned to the First Tradition
> is six (or the number of turns you have skipped is three), the First
> Tradition is burned.

So does skipping one turn and burning four pool burn 1st Trad? Or could
you drag it out by burning two pool, skipping a turn, burning two pool,
skipping a turn, and finally burning two pool?

> > Last, toreador grand ball states that you have to choose two ready
> > Toreador you control in order to get the unblockable effect. What if the
> > second vampire is burned or torporised later in the game? Is the first
> > vampire still unblockable?
>
> Yes.

Hmm, what if the second vamp is removed from the game?

(Use Alexandra to make Masika unblockable, then Minion Tap Alexandra, then
Golconda Alexandra. Yay pool gain!)

Fish.

LSJ

Sep 24, 1999, 3:00:00 AM9/24/99
Fish Flowers wrote:

> On Fri, 24 Sep 1999, LSJ wrote:
>
> > > I've got a couple of questions (they just keep coming up).
> > > nummero uno, what does 'cumulative penalties' in the first tradition
> > > exactly mean? Can I skip a turn in order to 'reset' the cumulation?
> >
> > No. cumulative != consecutive.
> > Once you have the total of the pool you have burned to the First Tradition
> > is six (or the number of turns you have skipped is three), the First
> > Tradition is burned.
>
> So does skipping one turn and burning four pool burn 1st Trad? Or could

No.

> you drag it out by burning two pool, skipping a turn, burning two pool,
> skipping a turn, and finally burning two pool?

Yes.

> > > Last, toreador grand ball states that you have to choose two ready
> > > Toreador you control in order to get the unblockable effect. What if the
> > > second vampire is burned or torporised later in the game? Is the first
> > > vampire still unblockable?
> >
> > Yes.
>
> Hmm, what if the second vamp is removed from the game?

Same thing.
You can even have the second Toreador stolen.

It doesn't matter, since card text doesn't put any conditions on the
handling, status, or presence of the second vamp. He doesn't untap
as normal, that is all.