Mini Report - The last 4 of 2007, round I

Skip to the first unread message

Alex Ek

8 Sept 2007, 13:43:0908/09/2007
Hi people intrested in reports and decklists.
This was just a 7 player tournament due to some really unlucky
circumstances. Half the local players decided to be out of town for this
event :/

7 players means 2 rounds each. I had to skip the first 2h of playing and
got seated after some bioshock playing. I was playing an Arika BP / Mind
rape deck.

Sadly for me 4/7 players in the tournament played with Arika in their
crypts. Other intresting facts that this NG seems to like was no Imbueds
and 1/4 games timed out.

Final results and some decklist can be found further down.

Round 1
I wasn't playing in this round.
Results:
Christoffer 2,5 vp
Sten 0,5 vp
Henrik E 0,5 vp

Round 2
Me - Christoffer - Beatrice - Henrik W
Well, I didn't get Arika first. My prey did. also since he was an minion
tap + golconda master bloater I had no chance in a contest with him. my
pred managed to parity shift me twice too, with the help of my preys
votes. Beatrice failed to oust her prey due to a misplay (sadly not the
reversable kind) meaning that my prey swept the game.
Results:
Christoffer 4 vp

Round 3
Me - Erik C - Henrik E - Beatrice - Sten
I got Arika for myself (my pred decided not to bring her into play). I
also got Gratiano into play due to some quick governing. Being afraid of
what I'd heard about Erik C's ability to block I focused on ousting him
with heavy bleeds asap. Luckily he had a bad draw not getting any bounce
or intercept in the 2 rounds I needed to oust him.
Henrik bled Beatrice heavily with his presence and Beatrice put up the
pressure on Sten. A short while after this Beatrice was ousted. I
started to use mind rapes, banishment and BP which mutilatted Henrik E's
vampires. I also got Marcus Vitel, Angelica and Guido into play, and
diablerized Sten's newly influenced Queen Anne. Henrik died a short
while after that, leaving me vs Sten and his contested guido and empty
Cameron.
Results:
Me 4 vp
Henrik E 1 vp

Finals
Me - Henrik E - Beatrice - Christoffer - Sten
Yey, xtable contesting Arika from the start. Henrik bled Bea heavily and
she died quickly, meaning Henrik started bleeding Stoffes heavy bloat.
Sten was bringing minions into play. Christoffer was chilling. I got
Angelica into play, Sten played BP with his 10 cap. I minion tapped
Angelica and she died to the BP :'( Stoffe bled Sten for 13 in 1 round
with Arika and Anson which killed Sten, I died the round after. A duel
of attrition started between Henrik E and Stoffe and after a few rounds
Henrik ousted Christoffer. Mostly because he had the chance to start
bleeding Stoffes heavy bloat so quickly into the game.

Final results:

1
Name: Henrik Ericsson
Playing: "Aching Nusser"
Decklist: http://www.chestud.chalmers.se/~aek/decks/nusser.html
Deck constructed by: Erik Torstensson and Alex Ek
Prel. GW's: 0
Prel. VP's: 1,5
Final VP's: 3

2
Name: Christoffer Arvidsson
Playing: "Council of Powerbleed"
Decklist: http://www.chestud.chalmers.se/~aek/decks/council.html
Deck constructed by: Erik Torstensson and Alex Ek
Prel. GW's: 2
Prel. VP's: 6,5
Final VP's: 2

3
Name: Alex Ek
Playing: "Tango for the Concession of the Suspender Princess (mesh edit)"
Decklist: http://www.chestud.chalmers.se/~aek/decks/tango-mesh-edt.html
Deck constructed by: Erik Torstensson and Alex Ek
Prel. GW's: 1
Prel. VP's: 4
Final VP's: 0

4
Name: Sten Düring
Playing: An obf Ventrue BP deck
Decklist:
Deck constructed by: Sten Düring
Prel. GW's: 0
Prel. VP's: 0,5
Final VP's: 0

5
Name: Beatrice Düring
Playing: Fos + Trujah, tempation rush deck
Decklist:
Deck constructed by: Beatrice Düring
Prel. GW's: 0
Prel. VP's: 0
Final VP's: 0

6
Name: Henrik Wallgren
Playing: Obf and Pre big-cap voter
Decklist:
Deck constructed by: Henrik Wallgren
Prel. GW's: 0
Prel. VP's: 0

7
Name: Erik Cardell
Playing: !malk bleed and block
Decklist:
Deck constructed by: Erik Cardell
Prel. GW's: 0
Prel. VP's: 0
Final VP's: 0

That's all for now
Regards
Alex Ek
VEKN Prince of Gothenburg

Huruem

9 Sept 2007, 05:14:3409/09/2007
Funny to read that Stoffe built that deck, I was obsessed with the
Idea of an Arika Blind spot deck for the last few month, but I never
built it, wherease he did, well done ! Nice to see this Aching beauty
deck as well, it's actually the first time I read one which is not all
about anson and weenies...

Cheers,
Arthur

Alex Ek

9 Sept 2007, 16:04:4109/09/2007
Huruem skrev:

Bonsoir Arthur!

I'm glad you liked the decks (or atleast I hope you liked them).
Me and Erik Torstensson (I'm guessing you know who he is after your
visit to Sweden) built all three of the decks that took GW's in the
tournament (even though the aching deck had to wait till the finals to
get its win). We had a great weekend of inspired deckbuilding,
kräftskiva, Laphroigh drinking while watching Erik's grandparents house
located in a small community in central Sweden :D

The Council of Powerbleed flew extremely well. Packing Huitz and Anson
to Tap and Golconda which gave enough bloat to bring circles. Which in
turn packed enough bleed to oust tables. It even managed to sweep a game
without getting Anson or Huitz (just Arika and Leandro), in the same
game I also played Uncoiling on the Anthelios. Mariel never saw play,
neither did Etrius. But I think Mariel would be very good if you face
combat.

The Aching deck did it's thing, it was very unlucky in the prel rounds.
Hunting the councils insane bloat in the first game and getting Mind
raped and Purged in the second. But it grabbed the vp it needed to get
to the finals in a 7 player and there it did its thing. The fact that
there was noone trying to block was very annoying for the dack that
clogged on Majesties and Change of Target.

The Mind rape deck was magic when I finally got Arika. Raping and
Purging can be insanely strong. I removed the Obediences prior to the
tournament to get more Deflection and also a Ventrue HQ, since I
expected no combat and lots of votes (well I knew and brought three of
the decks that got played). Sadly for me another 2 decks packed arika
and Christoffer also drew her in the starting crypt every game. Bummer
:( Guess I kinda deserved that playing PTO, Mind rape and BP in a deck ;)

All the best!
And good luck in the french NC, I'm really bummed I can't get there :(
Hopefully I get to play vs a bunch of French players at the German NC
which I hope I can afford going to.
//Alex