[DECK] - Synesios and Friends - comments please :-)

d21...@yahoo.com.au

Feb 6, 2006, 8:15:41 AM2/6/06
Deck Name: Synesios and Friends
Creator: Damien Hennessy
other pre/obf/serp vampires as support or cannon fodder. Operates on a
"resource denial" idea I was toying around with. The basis of this deck
was gleaned from a game in JOL.

CRYPT: 12

1x Nepata
1x Ezekiel, Lord of Montreal
2x Allonzo Montoya
1x Hesha Ruhadze
1x Danny Larkshill
1x Intisar
5x Synesios

Master: 18
1x Opium Den
1x Serpentis
1x Presence
1x The Crocodile Temple
1x Retribution
1x Dummy Corporation
1x Tabriz Assembly
1x Heidelburg Castle
1x Perfectionist
4x Blood Doll
1x Archon Investigation
2x Direct Intervention
2x Sudden Reversal

Action: 30
4x Free Stakes Rant
1x Carlton Van Wyk (Hunter)
2x Frozen Object
4x Temptation
4x Enticement
5x Clotho's Gift
5x Enchant Kindred
5x Kiss of Lachesis

Combat: 6
2 Majesty
2 Catonic Fear
1 Tongue of the Serpent

Action Modifier: 25
4x Iron Glare
2x Faceless Night
2x Lost in Crowds
2x Cloak the Gathering
2x Forgotten Labyrinth
2x Form of the Serpent
3x Voter Captivation
8x Domain of Evernight

Reaction: 12
4x Wake with Evening's Freshness
4x Ecstasy
4x Rewind Time

Comments, feedback, suggestion :-)

I'm also after more Trujah stuff so feel free to e-mail. Pretty much
after everything at this point.

Beatrice During

Feb 7, 2006, 4:51:22 PM2/7/06
to d21...@yahoo.com.au

Hi there

d21...@yahoo.com.au skrev:

> Deck Name: Synesios and Friends
> Creator: Damien Hennessy
> other pre/obf/serp vampires as support or cannon fodder. Operates on a
> "resource denial" idea I was toying around with. The basis of this deck
> was gleaned from a game in JOL.

(snip)

> Comments, feedback, suggestion :-)
>
> I'm also after more Trujah stuff so feel free to e-mail. Pretty much
> after everything at this point.

Well - you asked for it so here it comes ;-)

Kiss of Lachesis and Flaming candle - there is a nice trick, especially
in a multiaction deck.

Trujahs are the best...

Cheers

Bea

p.s Hi everyone - I thought it was time to check out this news group
thing - maybe I opened the Pandoras box - lot愀 of ideas already :-) d.s

d21...@yahoo.com.au

Feb 8, 2006, 8:21:09 AM2/8/06
> Kiss of Lachesis and Flaming candle - there is a nice trick, especially
> in a multiaction deck.

That actually is a good idea.

I'll be slotting it in.

> Bea
>
> p.s Hi everyone - I thought it was time to check out this news group

> thing - maybe I opened the Pandoras box - lot´s of ideas already :-) d.s

Yeah, the newsgroup has a bad or good habit of doing that, especially
when you first join up. It has a nice wealth of information :-)

I managed to squeeze in one game today, but I got bleed out by a
predator who had absolutely no pressure all game :-(. I need to make
some minor adjustments to the deck in regard to combat defense module.
It's very fragile against any sort of rush deck.

wumpus

Feb 8, 2006, 1:47:34 PM2/8/06
Howdy,

Beatrice During wrote:

> Kiss of Lachesis and Flaming candle - there is a nice trick, especially
> in a multiaction deck.

There appears to be a single thread discussing this interaction
(actually, it's about Filchware's and the Candle), and I cannot tell
from the context there whether this combo (or the Grasp the Ghostly
variant) actually works or not. LSJ?

A corollary question: If using Grasp the Ghostly works, and you burn a
Ghostly Candle to use its power, does the Candle go back to the (other
Methuselah's) ash heap, or does the burning of the Candle also burn the
Pathos counters and thus remove the Candle from the game entirely?

Flaming Candle
Equipment. The vampire with this equipment may burn 1 blood when he or
she declares an action. If he or she does so, vampires cannot block
this action, and the candle is burned. Only one Flaming Candle can be
played in a game.

Grasp the Ghostly
+1 stealth action. [nec] Move a non-unique, non-location equipment from
any other Methuselah`s ash heap to this minion. Put 3 Pathos counters
on that equipment. Burn a Pathos counter during each of your untap
phases. Remove the equipment from the game if it has no Pathos
counters. [NEC] As above, but the equipment can be unique.

Kiss of Lachesis
1 blood
+1 stealth action. [ser] (D) Burn a retainer or a non-unique equipment
card. [tem] (D) Burn a retainer, ally or non-unique equipment card.
[TEM] Move a non-unique equipment card from any Methuselah`s ash heap
to this vampire. If the equipment card comes from your ash heap, pay
half the cost (round down), otherwise no cost is paid.

Thanks,
Alex

LSJ

Feb 9, 2006, 5:18:15 PM2/9/06
wumpus wrote:
>>Kiss of Lachesis and Flaming candle - there is a nice trick, especially
>>in a multiaction deck.
>
> There appears to be a single thread discussing this interaction
> (actually, it's about Filchware's and the Candle), and I cannot tell
> from the context there whether this combo (or the Grasp the Ghostly
> variant) actually works or not. LSJ?

When you find a thread on Google and want to discuss it, it helps
to provide a link.

Filchware is "equipping" (must meet requirements, etc.)

Kiss of Lachesis is "moving" (need not meet requirements, etc.)

Kissing a Candle works. Filching a Candle doesn't.

Grasping is also moving, so works.

> A corollary question: If using Grasp the Ghostly works, and you burn a
> Ghostly Candle to use its power, does the Candle go back to the (other
> Methuselah's) ash heap, or does the burning of the Candle also burn the
> Pathos counters and thus remove the Candle from the game entirely?

Once it burns, the "remove from the game" effect won't be able to find it.

--
That is my story, be it bitter or be it sweet.
Keep a little and let a little come back to me.