(TWD) Mutually Assured Destruction: Hanau EC-Miniqualifier

xcver

Sep 1, 2008, 5:04:28 AM9/1/08
Mutually Assured Destruction: Hanau - EC Miniqualifier
Spielbar Hanau
August 30, 2008
19 Players
3R + F

A nice crowd of 19 players attended our first constructed tournament
(2 more got sickened out the day before). After 3 rounds with luckily
no dropouts we had some serious tight space at the top with no one
gaining 2 game wins you needed a game win and 5 VP to enter the final.
Here are the standings:

Final Rank Name Prelim GWs Prelim VPs Final VPs TPs
1 Joscha Duell 1 6 2,5 132
2 Rudolf Garski 1 5,5 1,5 132
3 Michael Heyder 1 6 0 132
4 Chris Franz 1 5,5 0 132
5 Ralf Weppner 1 5 0 132
6 Johannes Walch 1 4,5 156
7 Ralf Lammert 1 4 132
8 Martin Schumacher 1 3 96
9 Dietmar Range 1 2,5 108
10 Erol Ongün 0 3 126
11 Konrad Eiberger 0 1,5 102
12 Bernd Schwabe 0 1,5 96
13 Gregor Breckle 0 1 96
14 Alexander Tüschen 0 1 90
15 Christoph Bertolo 0 0,5 84
15 Michael Trager 0 0,5 84
15 Robert Faengler 0 0,5 84
18 Lukas Nitsch 0 0 72
19 Mart Klempert 0 0 66

So the final table consisted of the following players:

Joscha Duell (Cock Robin Wall)
Rudolf Garski (PRO+DOM S+B)
Michael Heyder (Ahrimane Toolbox)
Chris Franz (Cybele Beast)
Ralf Weppner (Camarilla Gangrel Toolbox)

with the following seating:

Ralf Weppner > Joscha Duell > Michael Heyder > Rudolf Garski - Chris
Franz

The game started with the weenies Mouse and Huang which consequently
bled for 1 each in round 2 which also featured the coming of The
Siamese, Iliana and Camille Devereux, The Raven. Joscha plays the
annoying Smiling Jack and follows it up by Cock Robin.

Rudolf followed up Iliana by Caitlin and Chris finally got Cybele onto
the table. Ralf was hampered by his own Iliana in the uncontrolled
region and instead brought out the mighty Gwendolyn. Cock Robin
prepared himself some more with the Rack and a Raven Spy with Nikolaus
Vermeulen joining Cock's side just as a Pentex Subversion form Michael
hit Cock for a potential devastating move.Then a bleed for 3 from the
Siamese got flicked to Chris and Howler came out.

There was some serious discussion about or not to remove Pentex and
Smiling Jack. Rudolf decided to burn the Pentex with Iliana, but not
before she got a Mantle of Bestial Majesty. Howler blocked her and
Iliana continued with Form of Mist, but Howler untapped with Majesty
and blocked again. Iliana got back to short range with double Claws of
the Dead leaving herself at 0 blood and Howler as well as Iliana going
to torpor. Ouch!!! Caitlin then graverobbed Howler leaving Michael in
a very weak position and some other vamp finally burns the Pentex
bringing mighty Robin back into the game.

Cybele gets Minion Tapped and gets a Soul Gem via the Magic. Meanwhile
Ralf has some serious trouble getting past the Wall of multiple 2nd
Traditions but gets down Joscha to a low pool.

Cock tries the Parity Shift on Chris but it gets Delayed by Ralf which
could be devastating for Joscha who is at 4 Pool with Gwendolyn behind
him. Instead Joscha brings out Judgement: Camarilla Segregation which
hurts everyone except him and Ralf. The Ahrimane start their waiting
game usually involving one bleed and don't bring out another minion.

Rudolf bleeds Chris for some more. Chris uses the Opportunity and
burns Cybele to burn the Camarilla Segregation getting a new and full
Cybele in his master phase. Stanislawa gets blocked on a possible
ousting bleed resulting with Cock in Torpor and Gwendolyn at 0 blood
but Ralf cannot force the Diablerie.

Cock is rescued succesfully and now gets of the Parity Shift regaining
some Pool for Joscha to put him away from Gwendolyns reach. Ahrimane
skip some more and Rudolf bleeds into Chris. Cybele tries for a bleed
of 3 but gets flicked to Joscha whose Cock blocks it only resulting in
Cock yet in torpor again due to a Conflagration!

Gwendolyn wants a blood doll to prevent hunting but it is washed by
Joscha which could be a key move. Discouraged Ralf is not trying the
diablerie. With only 20 minutes on the clock remaining all 5 players
are still active although Michael and Chris are close too being
ousted. 15 mins before the end Chris gets ousted after a Pentex on
Cybele (after he washed a Dreams of the Sphinx) took out all his
options with Michael following him next turn with 9 mins on the clock
(if the game went to a 5 player timout Michael would've won as 1st
seed with no minion on the table :).

Rudolf then disposes of Ralf quite quickly and there is just not
enough time for Joscha to get Rudolf. After timing out, Rudolf wins
the table with 2,5 VP and Joscha behind him at 1,5 VP.

Rudolf Garski's Winning Deck:

Deck Name : Thank You Vlada
Author : Rudolf Garski
Description :

Crypt [12 vampires] Capacity min: 1 max: 8 average: 5.91667

3x Iliana 7 DOM FOR PRO tha Gangrel:2
1x Sebastian Goulet 8 DOM OBF cel pre pro !Gangrel:3
1x Sebastian Goulet Adv 8 DOM OBF cel pre pro !Gangrel:3
1x Kanimana Belghazi 7 AUS DOM NEC pro Nagaraja:2
1x Caitlin 6 ANI PRO aus dom bishop !Gangrel:2
1x Dylan 6 aus cel dom for pro !Ventrue:2
1x Lisette Vizquel 6 DOM POT pro bishop Lasombra:2
1x Boss Callihan 5 PRE dom for pro Ventrue:3
1x Chandler Hungerfor 3 PRO Gangrel:2
1x Huang, Blood Culti 1 pro Pander:2

Library [90 cards]

Action [16]
4x Bum's Rush
10x Govern the Unaligned
1x Graverobbing
1x Mantle of the Bestial Majesty

Action Modifier [11]
5x Conditioning
6x Earth Control

Action Modifier/Combat [3]
3x Rapid Change

Combat [24]
9x Claws of the Dead
7x Earth Meld
8x Form of Mist

Equipment [1]
1x Sport Bike

Master [20]
2x Blood Doll
1x Channel 10
1x Dominate
1x Dreams of the Sphinx
2x Haven Uncovered
1x KRCG News Radio
1x Pentex(TM) Subversion
1x Powerbase: Montreal
4x Protean
1x Rumor Mill, Tabloid Newspaper, The
4x Vessel
1x Zoo Hunting Ground

Reaction [14]
6x Deflection
1x Delaying Tactics
5x Forced Awakening
2x On the Qui Vive

Retainer [1]
1x Mr. Winthrop

Crafted with : Anarch Revolt Deck Builder. [Sun Aug 31 10:12:03 2008]

xcver

Sep 1, 2008, 5:11:57 AM9/1/08
Here are the other four final table decks:

Joscha Duell's 2nd Place Deck:

Deck Name : Ugly Royalty
Author : Joscha Duell
Description :
Camarilla's watching you. Get permanents and block with Second
Tradition. Win with Parity Shift and Smiling Jack. Wash is only
against Pentex Subversion.

Crypt [12 vampires] Capacity min: 2 max: 10 average: 6.5

4x Cock Robin 10 ANI OBF POT aus for justicar Nosferatu:3
3x Nikolaus Vermeulen 7 POT ani for obf prince Nosferatu:2
2x Calebros, The Mart 5 ANI obf pot prince Nosferatu:2
1x Clarissa Steinburg 3 ani obf Nosferatu:3
1x Krid 2 obf Nosferatu:3
1x Mouse 2 ani Nosferatu:3

Library [73 cards]

Action [6]
1x Army of Rats
1x Judgment: Camarilla Segregation
3x Preternatural Strength
1x Tier of Souls

Action Modifier [6]
3x Forgotten Labyrinth
1x Freak Drive
2x Into Thin Air

Combat [23]
1x Canine Horde
4x Drawing Out the Beast
7x Immortal Grapple
4x Skin of Steel
2x Slam
5x Taste of Vitae

Equipment [1]
1x Ivory Bow

Master [13]
2x Dreams of the Sphinx
1x Giant's Blood
1x Guardian Angel
1x Rack, The
2x Smiling Jack, The Anarch
1x Tension in the Ranks
2x Vessel
3x Wash

Political Action [5]
1x Archon
4x Parity Shift

Reaction [12]
12x Second Tradition: Domain

Retainer [7]
7x Raven Spy

Crafted with : Anarch Revolt Deck Builder. [Sun Aug 31 12:58:23 2008]

Michael Heyder's Deck

Deck Name : Cats'n'Dogs
Author : Michael Heyder
Description :
Went quite well. Muricia's Call, High Top and the Presence Skill-cards
have to be removed/exchanged

Crypt [12 vampires] Capacity min: 4 max: 8 average: 6.25

3x Howler 8 ANI PRE SPI obf Ahrimane:2
3x Siamese, The 7 PRE SPI ani pro Ahrimane:2
2x Cynthia Ingold 6 SPI ani for pre Ahrimane:2
2x Nettie Hale 5 ani cel pre pro spi Ahrimane:2
2x Juanita Santiago 4 ani pre spi Ahrimane:2

Library [90 cards]

Action [17]
1x Aranthebes, The Immortal
1x Army of Rats
1x Engling Fury
3x Entrancement
1x Heart of the City
3x Legal Manipulations
1x Muricia's Call
3x Social Charm
3x Vulture's Buffet

Action Modifier [5]
5x Squirrel Balance

Ally [3]
1x Carlton Van Wyk (Hunter)
1x High Top
1x Ossian

Combat [15]
9x Majesty
5x Pack Alpha
1x Unholy Penance

Combat/Action Modifier [9]
9x Swiftness of the Stag

Master [17]
2x Blood Doll

1x KRCG News Radio
1x Pentex(TM) Subversion

2x Perfectionist
1x Powerbase: Barranquilla
1x Powerbase: Montreal
1x Presence
1x Rack, The
2x Vessel
1x WMRH Talk Radio
4x Wash

Reaction [18]
3x Cats' Guidance
6x Falcon's Eye
9x Speak with Spirits

Retainer [6]
6x Raven Spy

Crafted with : Anarch Revolt Deck Builder. [Sun Aug 31 10:11:50 2008]

------------------------------------

Chris Franz's Deck

Deck Name : Cybele and her Pet
Author : Chris Franz
Description :
Chris found out that Golconda doesn't work with the Soul Gem anymore
during the tournament.

Crypt [12 vampires] Capacity min: 10 max: 10 average: 10

11x Cybele 10 ANI DAI OBF PRE SER THA Baali:4
1x Nergal 10 AUS DAI FOR OBF PRE THA Baali:5

Library [90 cards]

Action [14]
1x Aranthebes, The Immortal
7x Call the Great Beast
2x Enticement
2x Entrancement
2x Magic of the Smith

Action Modifier [30]
4x Cloak the Gathering
3x Elder Impersonation
4x Faceless Night
5x Lost in Crowds
1x Psychomachia
2x Spying Mission
11x Truth of a Thousand Lies

Action Modifier/Combat [5]
5x Swallowed by the Night

Ally [1]
1x Mylan Horseed (Goblin)

Combat [7]
1x Canine Horde
2x Conflagration
4x Majesty

Equipment [2]
2x Soul Gem of Etrius

Event [3]
1x Anthelios, The Red Star
1x Inconnu Tutelage
1x Narrow Minds

Master [28]
1x Antediluvian Awakening
1x Archon Investigation
2x Auspex
1x Barrens, The
2x Celerity
1x Direct Intervention
1x Dominate
3x Dreams of the Sphinx
2x Fortitude
4x Golconda: Inner Peace
4x Minion Tap
1x Pentex(TM) Subversion
1x Redeem the Lost Soul
3x Vast Wealth
1x Wash

Crafted with : Anarch Revolt Deck Builder. [Sun Aug 31 10:12:13 2008]

---------------------------------------

Ralf Weppner's Deck

Deck Name : Iliana and Friends
Author : Ralf Weppner
Description :
Camarilla Gangrel Toolbox

Crypt [12 vampires] Capacity min: 3 max: 11 average: 5.83333

4x Iliana 7 DOM FOR PRO tha Gangrel:
2
2x Camille Devereux, 5 FOR PRO ani Gangrel:
1
1x Stanislava 11 ANI CEL DOM FOR PRO inner circle Gangrel:
2
1x Badger 6 FOR PRO ani pot Gangrel:
1
1x Mirembe Kabbada 5 PRO SER ani Gangrel:
2
1x Roman Alexander 4 ani for pro Gangrel:
1

1x Chandler Hungerfor 3 PRO Gangrel:
2

1x Ricki Van Demsi 3 for pro Gangrel:
1

Library [72 cards]

Action [7]
3x Bum's Rush
1x Far Mastery
2x Govern the Unaligned
1x Graverobbing

Action Modifier [15]
5x Earth Control
4x Freak Drive
3x Horrific Countenance
3x Threats

Ally [2]
1x Carlton Van Wyk (Hunter)
1x Renegade Garou

Combat [15]
3x Claws of the Dead
2x Earth Meld
3x Form of Mist
4x Unflinching Persistence
3x Wolf Claws

Master [16]
1x Backways
4x Blood Doll
1x Direct Intervention
1x Dominate
1x Ecoterrorists
1x Giant's Blood
1x Guardian Angel
1x KRCG News Radio
1x Major Boon
1x Minion Tap
1x Perfectionist

1x Rumor Mill, Tabloid Newspaper, The

1x Sudden Reversal

Reaction [13]
2x Deflection
2x Delaying Tactics
3x Redirection
6x Wake with Evening's Freshness

Retainer [4]
1x Mr. Winthrop
2x Raven Spy
1x Tasha Morgan

Crafted with : Anarch Revolt Deck Builder. [Sun Aug 31 12:37:27 2008]

extrala

Sep 1, 2008, 6:41:49 AM9/1/08
On Sep 1, 11:04 am, xcver <xc...@xcver.com> wrote:
> ..

> Final Rank Name Prelim GWs Prelim VPs Final VPs TPs
> 1 Joscha Duell 1 6 2,5 132
> 2 Rudolf Garski 1 5,5 1,5 132

> Rudolf then disposes of Ralf quite quickly and there is just not
> enough time for Joscha to get Rudolf. After timing out, Rudolf wins
> the table with 2,5 VP and Joscha behind him at 1,5 VP.
I think you mixed up the final ranking a bit. Rudolf and Joscha need
to switch places in the final ranking.

Regards, Ralf

xcver

Sep 1, 2008, 7:18:44 AM9/1/08

Yes you are right. Rudolf won with 2,5 VP over Joscha with 1,5

Joscha

Sep 1, 2008, 8:03:48 AM9/1/08
On 1 Sep., 11:04, xcver <xc...@xcver.com> wrote:
> Ralf was hampered by his own Iliana in the uncontrolled
> region and instead brought out the mighty Gwendolyn.

Gwendolyn should read Stanislava here and in the following paragraphs.

xcver

Sep 1, 2008, 8:26:56 AM9/1/08

lol. How did I get to Gwendolyn?!? Ok Inner Circle, but the rest...