Pool-paying Q

Joshua Duffin

Jun 20, 2002, 10:23:55 AM6/20/02
If a single master card (or, I suppose, other) "event" both
costs you and gains you pool, will you be ousted if the cost
would bring you to 0 pool?

eg: You're at one pool. You play Minion Tap for 5 on a
vampire you control, who has Secure Haven on him. So, it
costs 1 additional pool (=1) to play the Minion Tap, but
you'll gain pool in the same "event". Do you live? I'd
think yes, by analogy to Ancient Influence, which makes
everyone lose 5 pool as well as gain X pool, but I'm not
sure.

What about Huitzilopochtli's ability? If you pay your last
pool to gain an additional master phase action, do you get
to play that master card before being ousted (thus allowing
you to gain pool for a Minion Tap) or will it be too late?
I think in this case it's too late, since it looks like
Huitzilopochtli's ability gains you a master phase action
"to be used later", so it's not all one "event".

thanks,

Josh

too
much
huitzi

LSJ

Jun 20, 2002, 2:27:22 PM6/20/02
Joshua Duffin wrote:

> If a single master card (or, I suppose, other) "event" both
> costs you and gains you pool, will you be ousted if the cost
> would bring you to 0 pool?

Sure. For instance, you could play hypothetical card
Big Ascendance - Master - 35 pool - Gain 40 pool
if you had only 35 pool (and stay in the game).

> eg: You're at one pool. You play Minion Tap for 5 on a
> vampire you control, who has Secure Haven on him. So, it
> costs 1 additional pool (=1) to play the Minion Tap, but
> you'll gain pool in the same "event". Do you live? I'd
> think yes, by analogy to Ancient Influence, which makes
> everyone lose 5 pool as well as gain X pool, but I'm not
> sure.

Sure.

> What about Huitzilopochtli's ability? If you pay your last
> pool to gain an additional master phase action, do you get
> to play that master card before being ousted (thus allowing
> you to gain pool for a Minion Tap) or will it be too late?
> I think in this case it's too late, since it looks like
> Huitzilopochtli's ability gains you a master phase action
> "to be used later", so it's not all one "event".

Correct, it's "too late".

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Brian

Jun 22, 2002, 2:29:55 AM6/22/02
LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message news:<3D121E8A...@white-wolf.com>...

> Joshua Duffin wrote:
> >
> > If a single master card (or, I suppose, other) "event" both
> > costs you and gains you pool, will you be ousted if the cost
> > would bring you to 0 pool?
>
> Sure. For instance, you could play hypothetical card
> Big Ascendance - Master - 35 pool - Gain 40 pool
> if you had only 35 pool (and stay in the game).

Print it! Print it!!!

--Brian