V:EKN Press Release: New Rules Director

Robert Goudie

Jul 6, 2011, 4:55:38 PM7/6/11
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Contact:
Robert Goudie
Director of Marketing
Vampire: Elder Kindred Network
Mark...@VampireTheEternalStruggle.com

# # #

VAMPIRE: ELDER KINDRED NETWORK® ANNOUNCES NEW RULES DIRECTOR

Official V:TES Players' Organization Selects New Rules Director

Paris, France – July 6, 2011 – Vampire: Elder Kindred Network has
selected Pascal Bertrand as its new Rules Director. Pascal began
playing Vampire: The Eternal Struggle eight years ago with the Paris
playgroup and some of its legendary players. Most recently, Pascal
has been serving the player community through his role as the National
Coordinator for France, answering rules questions on a regional level,
and by judging large tournaments including the 172-player Last Chance
Qualifier at the 2010 European Championship. You can find Pascal on
the www.vekn.net website where his rulings will be the one and only
official source for V:TES rulings.

Pascal succeeds the venerable L. Scott Johnson who first began his
V:TES service by collecting official rulings made on mailing lists and
Usenet. Scott went on to become the game's official rules guru for
Wizards of the Coast® and then added Game Designer to his credits when
White Wolf selected him to design 19 expansion sets beginning with
2001's Sabbat War. These days, Scott can be found frequenting the
Boardgamegeek.com website including its V:TES forums.

About Vampire: Elder Kindred Network
Founded in 1997, the Vampire: Elder Kindred Network is the official
Vampire: The Eternal Struggle Players' Organization dedicated to the
continued health of V:TES. The V:EKN endeavors to help the game grow
in popularity through the embracing of new players as well as through
the support of the existing fans.

About Vampire: The Eternal Struggle
Vampire: The Eternal Struggle is a Deckmaster™ trading card game set
in White Wolf’s popular World of Darkness. Created in 1994 by Richard
Garfield as the follow-up to his groundbreaking Magic: The Gathering
trading card game, V:TES is one of the most enduring games in the
genre with fans and organized play events in countries across the
globe.

© Vampire: Elder Kindred Network 2011. All rights reserved.

# # #

The Lasombra

Jul 6, 2011, 6:21:51 PM7/6/11
On Wed, 6 Jul 2011 13:55:38 -0700 (PDT), Robert Goudie wrote:
> VAMPIRE: ELDER KINDRED NETWORKᅵ ANNOUNCES NEW RULES DIRECTOR

> selected Pascal Bertrand as its new Rules Director.

Congratulations Pascal!

It will be good to have someone that is passionate about the game at
the wheel.

ira...@gmail.com

Jul 6, 2011, 11:12:33 PM7/6/11
On Jul 6, 6:21 pm, The Lasombra <TheLasom...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Jul 2011 13:55:38 -0700 (PDT), Robert Goudie wrote:
> > VAMPIRE: ELDER KINDRED NETWORK ANNOUNCES NEW RULES DIRECTOR

> > selected Pascal Bertrand as its new Rules Director.
>
> Congratulations Pascal!
>
> It will be good to have someone that is passionate about the game at
> the wheel.

Congratulations Pascal - I'm sure you'll do an excellent job.

Thank you again to LSJ for his incredible work in making the game
great.

Ira

floppyzedolfin

Jul 7, 2011, 2:11:28 AM7/7/11

Thank you for your support
I really want to congratulate LSJ for all he's done for the game over
the years - I wouldn't be here if it weren't for him

simidhel

Jul 7, 2011, 4:06:10 AM7/7/11
On Jul 6, 9:55 pm, Robert Goudie <robertt.gou...@gmail.com> wrote:
> FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
>
> Contact:
> Robert Goudie
> Director of Marketing
> Vampire: Elder Kindred Network
> Market...@VampireTheEternalStruggle.com

> # # #
>
> VAMPIRE: ELDER KINDRED NETWORK® ANNOUNCES NEW RULES DIRECTOR
>
> Official V:TES Players' Organization Selects New Rules Director
>
> Paris, France – July 6, 2011 – Vampire: Elder Kindred Network has
> selected Pascal Bertrand as its new Rules Director.  Pascal began
> playing Vampire: The Eternal Struggle eight years ago with the Paris
> playgroup and some of its legendary players.  Most recently, Pascal
> has been serving the player community through his role as the National
> Coordinator for France, answering rules questions on a regional level,
> and by judging large tournaments including the 172-player Last Chance
> Qualifier at the 2010 European Championship. You can find Pascal on
> thewww.vekn.netwebsite where his rulings will be the one and only

> official source for V:TES rulings.
>
> Pascal succeeds the venerable L. Scott Johnson who first began his
> V:TES service by collecting official rulings made on mailing lists and
> Usenet.  Scott went on to become the game's official rules guru for
> Wizards of the Coast® and then added Game Designer to his credits when
> White Wolf selected him to design 19 expansion sets beginning with
> 2001's Sabbat War.  These days, Scott can be found frequenting the
> Boardgamegeek.com website including its V:TES forums.
>
> About Vampire: Elder Kindred Network
> Founded in 1997, the Vampire: Elder Kindred Network is the official
> Vampire: The Eternal Struggle Players' Organization dedicated to the
> continued health of V:TES. The V:EKN endeavors to help the game grow
> in popularity through the embracing of new players as well as through
> the support of the existing fans.
>
> About Vampire: The Eternal Struggle
> Vampire: The Eternal Struggle is a Deckmaster™ trading card game set
> in White Wolf’s popular World of Darkness. Created in 1994 by Richard
> Garfield as the follow-up to his groundbreaking Magic: The Gathering
> trading card game, V:TES is one of the most enduring games in the
> genre with fans and organized play events in countries across the
> globe.
>
> © Vampire: Elder Kindred Network 2011. All rights reserved.
>
> # # #

Congratulations to Pascal, it is good to know we will still have a
rule monger to refer to in the future.

I too want to add my own heartfelt gratitude to LSJ for all the
dedicated years of support and input he has given us and the game over
the years. (and my apologies for all the stupid rulings I probably
asked him about way back when :)

--= Simidh =--

Huruem

Jul 7, 2011, 7:21:04 AM7/7/11
On 6 juil, 22:55, Robert Goudie <robertt.gou...@gmail.com> wrote:
> FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
>
> Contact:
> Robert Goudie
> Director of Marketing
> Vampire: Elder Kindred Network
> Market...@VampireTheEternalStruggle.com

> # # #
>
> VAMPIRE: ELDER KINDRED NETWORK® ANNOUNCES NEW RULES DIRECTOR
>
> Official V:TES Players' Organization Selects New Rules Director
>
> Paris, France – July 6, 2011 – Vampire: Elder Kindred Network has
> selected Pascal Bertrand as its new Rules Director.  Pascal began
> playing Vampire: The Eternal Struggle eight years ago with the Paris
> playgroup and some of its legendary players.  Most recently, Pascal
> has been serving the player community through his role as the National
> Coordinator for France, answering rules questions on a regional level,
> and by judging large tournaments including the 172-player Last Chance
> Qualifier at the 2010 European Championship. You can find Pascal on
> thewww.vekn.netwebsite where his rulings will be the one and only

> official source for V:TES rulings.
>
> Pascal succeeds the venerable L. Scott Johnson who first began his
> V:TES service by collecting official rulings made on mailing lists and
> Usenet.  Scott went on to become the game's official rules guru for
> Wizards of the Coast® and then added Game Designer to his credits when
> White Wolf selected him to design 19 expansion sets beginning with
> 2001's Sabbat War.  These days, Scott can be found frequenting the
> Boardgamegeek.com website including its V:TES forums.
>
> About Vampire: Elder Kindred Network
> Founded in 1997, the Vampire: Elder Kindred Network is the official
> Vampire: The Eternal Struggle Players' Organization dedicated to the
> continued health of V:TES. The V:EKN endeavors to help the game grow
> in popularity through the embracing of new players as well as through
> the support of the existing fans.
>
> About Vampire: The Eternal Struggle
> Vampire: The Eternal Struggle is a Deckmaster™ trading card game set
> in White Wolf’s popular World of Darkness. Created in 1994 by Richard
> Garfield as the follow-up to his groundbreaking Magic: The Gathering
> trading card game, V:TES is one of the most enduring games in the
> genre with fans and organized play events in countries across the
> globe.
>
> © Vampire: Elder Kindred Network 2011. All rights reserved.
>
> # # #

I'm in shock.

Arthur

moravagine

Jul 7, 2011, 7:46:07 AM7/7/11
> the years - I wouldn't be here if it weren't for him- Hide quoted text -

Correct ;)
Congrats Pascal, see u soon

Wilsoros

Jul 7, 2011, 8:30:05 AM7/7/11
LSJ,

Thank you for your years amazing work!

Pascal,

I look forward to your continued efforts!

David

Jozxyqk

Jul 7, 2011, 8:37:54 AM7/7/11
Robert Goudie <robertt...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Paris, France ??? July 6, 2011 ??? Vampire: Elder Kindred Network has

> selected Pascal Bertrand as its new Rules Director.

First batch of expected rulings:
* Seeds of Corruption is banned.

* Nosferatu Hosting allows you to "mark" an uncontrolled minion you have seen.
It is also a free trifle that gains you 3 pool when played.

* Patrizia Giovanni is now group "ANY" and non-unique.

* Patrizia may take a cardless Reindoctrination action to make Qadir ul-Ghani
into a Giovanni slave.

Robert Goudie

Jul 7, 2011, 10:15:29 AM7/7/11
On Jul 7, 5:37 am, Jozxyqk <jfeue...@eecs.tufts.edu> wrote:

Well, today's date is 7/7....maybe Pascal will do something dramatic
for the 7/7 anniversary. :-)