[LSJ] Perfect Clarity, erm...clarification?

Xian

Jun 20, 2001, 6:22:31 PM6/20/01
Something that James (Coupe) brought up on the White Wolf forum, which I
haven't seen a response to...

Perfect Clarity (inf): Only usable when this acting vampire's action is
announced. Reaction cards that require Dominate or Presence do not affect
this vampire for the duration of this action.

Now, James suggested that this did not include Deflection or Redirection
(the vampire would still be able to be deflected), because Deflection and
Redirection changes the targeted Methuselah, it doesn't really affect the
vampire itself.

Deflection (inf): Only usable when you are being bled. Tap this reacting
vampire. Choose a Methuselah other than the one controlling the minion
bleeding you. The acting minion is bleeding that Methuselah.

It looks to me like, from the text of Deflection, it targets the acting
minion.

Little help? I have to admit that I sincerely hope that it includes
Deflection/Redirection, as otherwise, 2 blood is a little high to just stop
Obedience, Kindred Coercion and Pulling Strings at inferior (the two
presence reaction cards don't seem to target vampires...).

Xian

--
I'd tell the world and save my soul, But rain falls down and I feel cold.
A cold that sleeps within my heart, It tears the earth and sun apart.

LSJ

Jun 20, 2001, 9:45:13 PM6/20/01
Xian wrote:

> Something that James (Coupe) brought up on the White Wolf forum, which I
> haven't seen a response to...

I only read that once a day, so I probably won't see it until tomorrow
morning.

> Perfect Clarity (inf): Only usable when this acting vampire's action is
> announced. Reaction cards that require Dominate or Presence do not affect
> this vampire for the duration of this action.
>
> Now, James suggested that this did not include Deflection or Redirection
> (the vampire would still be able to be deflected), because Deflection and
> Redirection changes the targeted Methuselah, it doesn't really affect the
> vampire itself.

Not true. "The acting minion is bleeding [that] Methuselah". (card text).

> Deflection (inf): Only usable when you are being bled. Tap this reacting
> vampire. Choose a Methuselah other than the one controlling the minion
> bleeding you. The acting minion is bleeding that Methuselah.
>
> It looks to me like, from the text of Deflection, it targets the acting
> minion.

Correct.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/