LSJ Timing of cancel card effects

Tazar

Dec 16, 2010, 3:09:32 AM12/16/10
Hello,

I tried to build very annoying deck so I packed together Asguresh,
Veil of darkness, Botched Move and Direct Intervention.

But in the game we got into trouble about order of this effects /
cards. Especially in combat of course.

a) What is the order in which I should use this cards / effects ?

b) Can I try to use multiple effects that cancel card in case of one
of them fails to cancel it ?

Asguresh
Clan: Nagaraja (group 5)
Capacity: 6
Disciplines: CEL NEC aus
Independent: Once each combat, Asguresh may cancel a combat card
played by the opposing minion as it is played (no cost is paid).
Scarce.

Veil of Darkness
Type: Event
Gehenna. Do not replace as long as this card is in play.
Each turn, when a vampire plays his or her first card that turn that
requires any Disciplines, that vampire's controller reveals the top
card of his or her library (before drawing to replace). If it is a
master card, the original card has no effect (no cost is paid), and in
addition, if the original card required Obtenebration [obt], the
vampire burns 2 blood.

Botched Move
Type: Combat
Only usable as the opposing minion plays a card that requires a
Discipline.
The opposing minion's controller reveals the top two cards of his or
her library (before drawing to replace). If another copy of the same
combat card is revealed, the played card is canceled (cost is still
paid), the opposing minion takes 1 unpreventable damage, and all
revealed copies are burned. A minion may play only one Botched Move
each combat.

Direct Intervention
Type: Master
Cost: 1 pool
Master: out-of-turn.
Cancel a minion card as it is played. No cost is paid. (If it was an
action card, the acting minion doesn't tap. If it was a strike card,
the minion chooses another strike.)

floppyzedolfin

Dec 16, 2010, 3:22:40 AM12/16/10
On 16 déc, 09:09, Tazar <varga_mar...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I tried to build very annoying deck so I packed together Asguresh,
> Veil of darkness, Botched Move and Direct Intervention.
>
> But in the game we got into trouble about order of this effects /
> cards. Especially in combat of course.
>
> a) What is the order in which I should use this cards / effects ?

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/5bf780bd884bf658
"Check Veil first".
The others happen when you get the impulse in the "as played" window
(and they can be sequenced as you like - usually, only one is enough).

> b) Can I try to use multiple effects that cancel card in case of one
> of them fails to cancel it ?

Yes (but that'd be in the same window, before cards are replaced. You
couldn't play a Botched Move you replaced on a Sudden'd DI to cancel a
combat card).
What I think you can't do is cancel a card that has already been
cancelled (if you want to cycle some cards, for instance).