Ganhuru and Ubende

Jozxyqk

Apr 24, 2006, 11:10:21 PM4/24/06
Based on a real situation that happened in play tonight:

Player A controls Ganhuru.
Player B is Player A's prey, controls a ready Ubende, and has 1 pool.

Ganhuru bleeds successfully, thus ousting Player B.
Does Ganhuru gain an additional pool from the oust?

I thought "no", since Ubende isn't ready anymore after the action
resolves, but it's a confusing bit of timing.

Fred Scott

Apr 24, 2006, 11:42:41 PM4/24/06

"Jozxyqk" <jfeu...@eecs.tufts.edu> wrote in message news:c7udncGCyauADtDZ...@comcast.com...

I would think "yes", for the same reason that players are ousted
simultaneously on, say, a Domain Challenge that eats the last pool
of both predator and prey. The predator can't use the 6 pool gained
from his prey's oust to survive the Domain Challenge because he
wouldn't have it until after he's ousted. By the same token,
the bleed is successful, and Ubende isn't gone until after Player A's
bleed resolves. Therefore, the bleed is successful, Player A gains
a pool (plus 6 more for the oust), and player B are ousted all at
the same point in time.

Fred

tzimisce_dragon

Apr 25, 2006, 4:37:34 AM4/25/06

a bleed is successful when it resolves for 1 or more, so when Ganhuru
has bled successfuly, Ubende is not ready anymore, so i'd say no, he
gains no extra pool.
But i am not sure.... so, let's wait for LSJ...

LSJ

Apr 25, 2006, 8:48:01 AM4/25/06
Fred Scott wrote:
> "Jozxyqk" <jfeu...@eecs.tufts.edu> wrote in message
> > Player A controls Ganhuru.
> > Player B is Player A's prey, controls a ready Ubende, and has 1 pool.
> >
> > Ganhuru bleeds successfully, thus ousting Player B.
> > Does Ganhuru gain an additional pool from the oust?
> >
> > I thought "no", since Ubende isn't ready anymore after the action
> > resolves, but it's a confusing bit of timing.
>
> I would think "yes", for the same reason that players are ousted
> simultaneously on, say, a Domain Challenge that eats the last pool
> of both predator and prey. The predator can't use the 6 pool gained
> from his prey's oust to survive the Domain Challenge because he
> wouldn't have it until after he's ousted. By the same token,
> the bleed is successful, and Ubende isn't gone until after Player A's
> bleed resolves. Therefore, the bleed is successful, Player A gains
> a pool (plus 6 more for the oust), and player B are ousted all at
> the same point in time.

Correct.