LSJ: Freak Drive and Coordinate Attack

13 views
Skip to first unread message

XZealot

unread,
Jan 30, 2003, 2:26:39 PM1/30/03
to
Let's do a scenario. Blood Brother A uses Coagulated Entity on Anson. 4
Blood Brothers move blood to give Blood Brother A +4 strength. Anson
doesn't block. Anson plays Magesty as a strike. Blood Brother B plays
Coodinated Attack. Anson survives this by manueverying.

My question is can Blood Brother A, who has fortitude, play a Freak Drive
then play a Coordinated Attack to enter combat with Anson? If he can, does
he still possess the +4 strength?


--
Comments Welcome,
Norman S. Brown, Jr.
XZealot
Archon of the Swamp


LSJ

unread,
Jan 30, 2003, 2:34:04 PM1/30/03
to
XZealot wrote:
>
> Let's do a scenario. Blood Brother A uses Coagulated Entity on Anson. 4
> Blood Brothers move blood to give Blood Brother A +4 strength. Anson
> doesn't block. Anson plays Magesty as a strike. Blood Brother B plays
> Coodinated Attack. Anson survives this by manueverying.

Sentence 2 implies Sentence 3, BTW. No blood is moved until the action is
successful.

> My question is can Blood Brother A, who has fortitude, play a Freak Drive
> then play a Coordinated Attack to enter combat with Anson? If he can, does
> he still possess the +4 strength?

He can Freak at the end of the action. But that would be the end of things.
Coordinating Attacks is done before the end of the action. [LSJ 31-MAY-2002]

If he had untapped in combat with his own Majesty for example, he could
play Coordinate Attacks after the other combat and he would still get the
benefits of the action, yes.

--
LSJ (vte...@white-wolf.com) V:TES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.
Links to V:TES news, rules, cards, utilities, and tournament calendar:
http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Joshua Duffin

unread,
Jan 30, 2003, 2:58:21 PM1/30/03
to

"LSJ" <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message news:3E397E69...@white-wolf.com...
> XZealot wrote:

> > My question is can Blood Brother A, who has fortitude, play a Freak Drive
> > then play a Coordinated Attack to enter combat with Anson? If he can, does
> > he still possess the +4 strength?
>
> He can Freak at the end of the action. But that would be the end of things.
> Coordinating Attacks is done before the end of the action. [LSJ 31-MAY-2002]
>
> If he had untapped in combat with his own Majesty for example, he could
> play Coordinate Attacks after the other combat and he would still get the
> benefits of the action, yes.

How so?

According to online text, Coordinate Attacks says:

"Requires a ready ={untapped}= Blood Brother of the same circle as
another one you control who's in combat."

Doesn't "another" mean it can't be the same one?


Josh

un-coordinated

XZealot

unread,
Jan 30, 2003, 3:35:09 PM1/30/03
to

"Joshua Duffin" <jtdu...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:b1c04v$11kiit$1...@ID-121616.news.dfncis.de...

Read the example, Bloodbrother A is entering a combat that Bloodbrother B
was finishing that was started by Bloodbrother A.

Joshua Duffin

unread,
Jan 30, 2003, 3:36:33 PM1/30/03
to

"XZealot" <x_ze...@cox-internet.com> wrote in message news:v3j2tdf...@corp.supernews.com...

> Read the example, Bloodbrother A is entering a combat that Bloodbrother B
> was finishing that was started by Bloodbrother A.

Aha, you're right, I missed that. Sorry.


Josh

A is not A

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages