2 questions

Wouter Kuyper

Apr 23, 2002, 6:36:22 AM4/23/02
Hi all,

I've got two questions. the first, a friend pointed out to me that the
text on bloodsiege might be multi-interpretable..
Card Text:

Worth 1 Vote. Called by any Archbishop, Priscus, or Cardinal at +1
stealth.

No action modifiers can be played during OR AFTER THIS REFERENDUM.
Choose a ready Sabbat vampire and a ready prince. Successful
referendum means that that prince loses his title and the Sabbat
vampire becomes archbishop of that city. Any ready vampire can gain
votes during this referendum by burning one blood per vote gained.

I assume this doesn't mean that AFTER THIS REFERENDUM no action
modifiers can be played...(commons sense) but it could be read that
way, right?

And the other, i always played the "Do not replace until after the end
of action" the way that if it is blocked i CAN redraw, but when
someone asked, i kinda thought by myself that combat is part of the
action and so i cannot redraw...What was the exact reasoning?
(and if i can redraw if blocked, then the drawback on Arson isn't that
much of a drawback, right?)

Thx,

LSJ

Apr 23, 2002, 8:09:04 AM4/23/02
Wouter Kuyper wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've got two questions. the first, a friend pointed out to me that the
> text on bloodsiege might be multi-interpretable..
> Card Text:
>
> Worth 1 Vote. Called by any Archbishop, Priscus, or Cardinal at +1
> stealth.
>
> No action modifiers can be played during OR AFTER THIS REFERENDUM.
> Choose a ready Sabbat vampire and a ready prince. Successful
> referendum means that that prince loses his title and the Sabbat
> vampire becomes archbishop of that city. Any ready vampire can gain
> votes during this referendum by burning one blood per vote gained.
>
> I assume this doesn't mean that AFTER THIS REFERENDUM no action
> modifiers can be played...(commons sense) but it could be read that
> way, right?

It cannot be read that way by anyone who is capable of playing the
game, no. :-)

"after" means "immediately after".

> And the other, i always played the "Do not replace until after the end
> of action" the way that if it is blocked i CAN redraw, but when
> someone asked, i kinda thought by myself that combat is part of the
> action and so i cannot redraw...What was the exact reasoning?
> (and if i can redraw if blocked, then the drawback on Arson isn't that
> much of a drawback, right?)

You cannot redraw.
Redrawing (and restrictions upon redrawing) are functions of card play,
not of action resolution.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Tobias

Apr 23, 2002, 9:12:25 AM4/23/02
wouter...@yahoo.com (Wouter Kuyper) wrote in message news:<155a2de5.02042...@posting.google.com>...

> And the other, i always played the "Do not replace until after the end
> of action" the way that if it is blocked i CAN redraw, but when
> someone asked, i kinda thought by myself that combat is part of the
> action and so i cannot redraw...What was the exact reasoning?
> (and if i can redraw if blocked, then the drawback on Arson isn't that
> much of a drawback, right?)

Hey Wouter,

In regard to the do not replace until end of action things (Arson,
Bum's Rush), I looked it up after this weeks tournament (since Tim's
opinion differed, and it was relevant. I mailed him the results.)

The result was that you do not replace the Bum's rush when it's
blocked until AFTER the combat. I presume same thing goes for Arson.

Tobias
Deventer

Halcyan 2

Apr 23, 2002, 12:16:15 PM4/23/02
>The result was that you do not replace the Bum's rush when it's
>blocked until AFTER the combat. I presume same thing goes for Arson.

Correct. The block(s) and the resulting combat(s) are still part of the action.
So the action isn't over yet (and you don't replace)

Halcyan 2