Catatonic Fear

Tom Kassel

Nov 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/27/00
Catatonic Fear

Strike: combat ends.

SUP: As above, and inflict 1 damage to the opposing minion once combat
ends if at close range.

I have several questions about the damage done at superior. As it
takes places after combat, presumably it is now too late for combat
cards which operate on damage, specifically damage prevention, Taste of
Vitae and Disarm. Correct?

Is it damage from a strike? Specifically, can it be prevented with
Leather Jacket?

Can it be prevented by Flak Jacket?

If the combat arose from a Dawn Operation modified action, is the
damage from Catatonic Fear aggravated?

Tom

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

LSJ

Nov 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/27/00
Tom Kassel <tka...@my-deja.com> wrote:
> Catatonic Fear

> I have several questions about the damage done at superior. As it
> takes places after combat, presumably it is now too late for combat
> cards which operate on damage, specifically damage prevention, Taste
> of Vitae and Disarm. Correct?

Correct.

> Is it damage from a strike? Specifically, can it be prevented with
> Leather Jacket?

Yes. Yes.

> Can it be prevented by Flak Jacket?

No. Flak Jacket is only usable in combat.

> If the combat arose from a Dawn Operation modified action, is the
> damage from Catatonic Fear aggravated?

No. Dawn Op only makes damage in combat aggravated.

--
LSJ (vte...@white-wolf.com) VTES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.
http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Tom Kassel

Nov 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/27/00
In article <8vu0da$88$1...@nnrp1.deja.com>,

LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> Tom Kassel <tka...@my-deja.com> wrote:
> > Catatonic Fear
> > I have several questions about the damage done at superior. As it
> > takes places after combat, presumably it is now too late for combat
> > cards which operate on damage, specifically damage prevention, Taste
> > of Vitae and Disarm. Correct?
>
> Correct.

Thanks.

What happens when Telepathic Tracking is played and combat doesn't end
yet? Is the damage from Fear deferred until the actual end, lost
altogether or inflicted before the new round (possibly making the above
effects legal after all)?

Tom

LSJ

Nov 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/27/00
Tom Kassel <tka...@my-deja.com> wrote:
> [Re: Catatonic Fear superior]

> What happens when Telepathic Tracking is played and combat doesn't end
> yet? Is the damage from Fear deferred until the actual end, lost
> altogether or inflicted before the new round (possibly making the
> above effects legal after all)?

It's either lost or delayed until the actual end of combat.
I'd say it's lost, to parallel the ruling on Form of Mist's
continuance being nullified by Psyche! et al.

I'll put this on the RT list for confirmation.