[LSJ] Blood Fury, Soul Burn and weapon damage prevention

Jyhad_addict

Sep 28, 2004, 9:40:40 AM9/28/04
I read some previous postings about this subject and i am a little bit
confused, so please help me clear this out.

1. Can i play blood fury when the opposing minion is at long range
just to get it out of my hand ? (i think no)
if yes, if the opposing minion strikes with a weapon from long
range, is the damage prevented ? (i think no)

2. If soul burn is dodged, does the "weapon inflict no damage" thing
take effect or not ? (i believe not)
Does soul burn prevents weapon damage only from additional strikes ?
or does it prevent weapon damage from the initial strike, too ?

Thanks in advance.

LSJ

Sep 28, 2004, 9:48:05 AM9/28/04
"Jyhad_addict" <geo...@for.auth.gr> wrote in message

> 1. Can i play blood fury when the opposing minion is at long range
> just to get it out of my hand ? (i think no)

"No" is correct.
Card text: "Only usable at long range", supports your conclusion, yes.

> if yes, if the opposing minion strikes with a weapon from long
> range, is the damage prevented ? (i think no)

Moot.

> 2. If soul burn is dodged, does the "weapon inflict no damage" thing
> take effect or not ? (i believe not)

"Not" is correct. Dodge protects the dodger from all effects of the
strike.

> Does soul burn prevents weapon damage only from additional strikes ?
> or does it prevent weapon damage from the initial strike, too ?

From the currently-resolving strike (if any) and any further strikes
in the same round (if any).

That is, it negates weapon damage from the initial strike if Soul
Burn is also an initial strike and the weapon strike is not done
with first strike (the latter can be overcome by making the Soul
Burn strike also at first strike, of course).

V:TES homepage: http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/
Though effective, appear to be ineffective -- Sun Tzu

Joshua Duffin

Sep 28, 2004, 12:30:47 PM9/28/04

"LSJ" <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message

> "Jyhad_addict" <geo...@for.auth.gr> wrote in message
> > 1. Can i play blood fury when the opposing minion is at long range
> > just to get it out of my hand ? (i think no)
>
> "No" is correct.
> Card text: "Only usable at long range", supports your conclusion, yes.

Card text is "Only usable at close range", of course, which is why Blood
Fury cannot be played at long range. :-)

Josh

takes no damage from typos this round

LSJ

Sep 28, 2004, 1:40:43 PM9/28/04
"Joshua Duffin" <duff...@bls.gov> wrote in message

Gah!

You know, I actually cut-n-pasted the text at first, but this
/wonderful/ MS Outlook wouldn't paste it as plain text (even
though it was cut from a plain text file), so I deleted it
and typed it in (poorly, apparently) by hand.

Sigh.