cat's guidance

LSJ

Nov 10, 1998, 3:00:00 AM11/10/98
On VTES-L, ....salem christ.... writes:

> just a quick pair of qns regarding cat's (or cats', depending on version)
> guidance.
>
> Two minions. A is acting, B is a vampire w/ animalism playing a wake to block.> if minion A plays change of target after minion B blocks, can B play cat's
> guidance to untap?
>
> Same set up, except A is a vamp w/ capacity < B.
> B wakes and blocks, and plays obediance. can B now play cat's guidance to
> untap?

My initial response was "yes" to both. But, upon re-reading Change
of Target, I note that it cancels the current action altogether. This
happens immediately, as part of the resolution of Change of Target.
Once the action is canceled, it can no longer be modified or reacted
to. So the actual answer is "no" for the first case (after Change of
Target) and "yes" to the second case (after Obedience).

--
L. Scott Johnson (vte...@wizards.com) VTES Net.Rep for Wizards of the Coast.
Links to revised rulebook, rulings, errata, and DCI (tournament) rules: