waste management operation question

pallando

Nov 26, 2000, 8:41:20 PM11/26/00
what happens in the followoing situation: player a has fewer than 7 cards in
his hand and no card in his library. he then taps the w. m. o. to put one
card from the ash heap into the library. is he allowed to draw this card and
any subsequent ones, and if so when?

i'd say he has to draw the card immediately but i'm not sure. maybe the
rulebook addresses this.

anyway, thanks for any help

--
pallando

LSJ

Nov 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/27/00
"pallando" <pall...@gmx.at> wrote:
> what happens in the followoing situation: player a has fewer than 7
> cards in his hand [with a hand size of 7] and no card in his library.
> he then taps the [Waste Management Operation] to put one card from

> the ash heap into the library. is he allowed to draw this card and
> any subsequent ones, and if so when?
>
> i'd say he has to draw the card immediately but i'm not sure. maybe
> the rulebook addresses this.

It doesn't address this directly, no.
But, yes, he'd draw the card immediately.

--
LSJ (vte...@white-wolf.com) VTES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.
http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

James Coupe

Nov 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/27/00
On Mon, 27 Nov 2000, pallando wrote:

> what happens in the followoing situation: player a has fewer than 7 cards in
> his hand and no card in his library. he then taps the w. m. o. to put one
> card from the ash heap into the library. is he allowed to draw this card and
> any subsequent ones, and if so when?

"2. Drawing Cards: Whenever you play a library card from
your hand, you immediately draw another from your library to
replace it. Exceptions to this rule are cards played during a
referendum (see The Referendum, sec. 6.3.2) and as noted on
card text. If your library is empty, then you do not draw to
replenish your hand, but you continue to play. If your hand size
is changed by a card in play, immediately discard down to or
draw up to your new hand size."

It suggests you don't draw up unless you were to change your hand size or
until you play a card.

This seems a little awkward and, since this sort of thing has never
occured with previous cards, LSJ may want to review this.

--
James Coupe | PGP Key 0x5D623D5D
"Steve: Yeah, well that's one of the advantages of being a sad, lonely

LSJ

Nov 27, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/27/00
James Coupe <jr...@cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> This seems a little awkward and, since this sort of thing has never
> occured with previous cards, LSJ may want to review this.

It occured with the mummies from Ancient Hearts.
At the time it was ruled that once the library was empty, the
Methuselah could never draw any more cards, even if the library
became un-empty. That ruling was based on the V:TES rulebook
text.

Currently, the ruling is that you draw up to your hand size
immediately whenever possible.