(LSJ) Power of All question

François

Jun 18, 2008, 3:48:15 AM6/18/08
Hello,

Can Power of All be played during combat ?

In general, reactions that can be played during combat are written as
such, wich is not Power of All's case, but considering what I believe
to be the card's "designer intent", I am wondering...

Thank you !

François

LSJ

Jun 18, 2008, 6:37:32 AM6/18/08

Yes, just as DI can be played in combat, despite lacking the same wording.

James Coupe

Jun 18, 2008, 7:01:46 AM6/18/08
In message <nA56k.5817$N87....@nlpi068.nbdc.sbc.com>, LSJ

Master cards aren't prohibited from being played in combat though.
Minion cards are, and Power of All is a minion card.

6.4: Note: The only minion cards that can be played during combat are
combat cards (unless a card states otherwise, of course).

The rules prohibit Power of All (and it has no text as referred to by
the rules). The rules do not prohibit DI being played in combat, so it
doesn't need such text.

Additionally, if such text were needed on DI, "If it was a strike card,
the minion chooses another strike" could be taken as a clumsy indication
that it can be played in combat, since there are no strike cards that
aren't combat cards that I can think of. (The rule book seems clear
that strike cards and weapons aren't the same thing, for example.)

Therefore, I think you're wrong. DI has no such text because it doesn't
need it - only other minion cards are prohibited in combat. By 6.4,
Power of All does need it, and does not have it.

--
James Coupe
PGP Key: 0x5D623D5D YOU ARE IN ERROR.

LSJ

Jun 18, 2008, 7:52:49 AM6/18/08
James Coupe wrote:
> In message <nA56k.5817$N87....@nlpi068.nbdc.sbc.com>, LSJ
> <vte...@white-wolf.com> writes:
>> François wrote:
>>> Can Power of All be played during combat ?
>>> In general, reactions that can be played during combat are written
>>> as
>>> such, wich is not Power of All's case, but considering what I believe
>>> to be the card's "designer intent", I am wondering...
>> Yes, just as DI can be played in combat, despite lacking the same wording.
>
> Master cards aren't prohibited from being played in combat though.
> Minion cards are, and Power of All is a minion card.
>
> 6.4: Note: The only minion cards that can be played during combat are
> combat cards (unless a card states otherwise, of course).

Ah, OK.

REVERSAL: Power of All cannot be played during combat.

Jozxyqk

Jun 18, 2008, 8:03:26 AM6/18/08
LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> REVERSAL: Power of All cannot be played during combat.

Interesting..
So 2 anarchs can get together and stop the end of the world,
but can't possibly stop someone from getting punched hard
in the face!

LSJ

Jun 18, 2008, 8:19:54 AM6/18/08

Yeah. That's the difference between strategy and tactics.

Dragos

Jun 18, 2008, 8:24:59 AM6/18/08
> REVERSAL: Power of All cannot be played during combat.- Ocultar texto entre aspas -

Not even by ANOTHER vampire not involved in the current combat?

LSJ

Jun 18, 2008, 8:28:01 AM6/18/08
Dragos wrote:
>> REVERSAL: Power of All cannot be played during combat.- Ocultar texto entre aspas -
>>

> Not even by ANOTHER vampire not involved in the current combat?

Right. It's a minion card. The only minion cards playable during combat are
combat cards and as given in card text. Power of All is not a combat card, and
no card text makes it playable in combat.

Shockwave

Jun 18, 2008, 10:59:20 AM6/18/08

Impressive LSJ, kudos for the reversal. :) I think a lot of people
might have dug their heels in!