Create your 7 point crypt card

librarian

Jun 30, 2006, 11:54:29 AM6/30/06
So, I was intrigued by Robyn's answer in her interview:

"If there was a card based on you, what would it be?
A 5 cap Gangrel with super Animalism, Fortitude and +1 Strength."

My challenge to you:

Create your 7 point crypt card.

Look here for the two formulas for creating vamps.

http://tinyurl.com/zebak

In Jyhad, Robyn would be undercosted (ANI=2, FOR=2, +1 =2 = 6pts). In
the Sabbat, she would be overcosted (Non-pander=1, ANI=1.5, FOR = 1, +1
= 1 =4.5pts). Searching on Monger for vamps, it looks like +1 strength
(and maybe +1 bleed) costs a lot more below 6, or is conditional (see
Muriel Foucade). So with that, I would say Robyn has created a good
vampire for modern use.

Here is my try:

Chris Shorb, Fence
7-cap
Nosferatu
Group 3
OBF POT ani pre
Primogen
Equipment cards costs Chris 1 less blood or pool to equip.

Not pander = 1
OBF = 2
POT = 1
ani = 1
pre = .5
Prim = .5
Special = 1
7.0

best -

chris

XZealot

Jun 30, 2006, 3:03:52 PM6/30/06

librarian wrote:
> So, I was intrigued by Robyn's answer in her interview:
>
> "If there was a card based on you, what would it be?
> A 5 cap Gangrel with super Animalism, Fortitude and +1 Strength."
>

> My challenge to you:
>
> Create your 7 point crypt card.

Mini XZ, Rug Thug

Ventrue
DOM =2
FOR =1
pot =1
pro =1
pre =1

May enter combat with any minion controlled by any methuselah = 2

Comments Welcome,
Norman S. Brown, Jr
XZealot
Archon of the Swamp

XZealot

Jun 30, 2006, 3:10:59 PM6/30/06

XZealot wrote:
> librarian wrote:
> > So, I was intrigued by Robyn's answer in her interview:
> >
> > "If there was a card based on you, what would it be?
> > A 5 cap Gangrel with super Animalism, Fortitude and +1 Strength."
> >

> > My challenge to you:
> >
> > Create your 7 point crypt card.
> >

> Mini XZ, Rug Thug
>
> Ventrue
> DOM =2
> FOR =1
> pot =1
> pro =1
> pre =1
>
> May enter combat with any minion controlled by any methuselah = 2

Oops, I can't do math! This would obviously have to be an Anvil-est
7-cap.

Orpheus

Jun 30, 2006, 6:47:42 PM6/30/06
Orpheus Giovanni, the Consiliere
8-Cap
Clan : Giovanni ; 1 Vote.
Disciplines : DOM / NEC / Pot / PRE
Special text : each turn, when Orpheus is ready, he can give a ready Prince,
Archbishop or Baron one more vote.

So, am I over or undercosted ? Seems about right to me... If the special is
too big, include "you control".

--
Orpheus
-------------------------

The Drummer, in Planetary.
"librarian" <he...@thethirdplanet.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
1151682869.4...@y41g2000cwy.googlegroups.com...

ira...@gmail.com

Jun 30, 2006, 7:37:51 PM6/30/06
Ira Rivers suits me just fine. :)

Ira

Robert Scythe

Jun 30, 2006, 9:46:36 PM6/30/06

librarian wrote:
> Create your 7 point crypt card.

Robert Scythe

pre
obf
aus
for
dom
ser

Anarch Baron of Pasadena

Once during your minion phase you may gain one level of pre OR pot and
lose one level of obf AND aus until your next untap phase. (Drinking
ability).

Jack of all, master of none

Hey, Chris, what happened to the trades we were talking about?

Orpheus

Jul 1, 2006, 3:32:39 AM7/1/06
> Orpheus Giovanni, the Consiliere
> 8-Cap
> Clan : Giovanni ; 1 Vote.
> Disciplines : DOM / NEC / Pot / PRE
> Special text : each turn, when Orpheus is ready, he can give a ready
Prince,
> Archbishop or Baron one more vote.

Lol, just thought, for drinking ability and Ventrue compatibility I should
have For too... ;-)

librarian

Jul 3, 2006, 2:17:15 PM7/3/06

Robert Scythe wrote:

> Hey, Chris, what happened to the trades we were talking about?

Call me at the shop today, 310 791-6227.

best -

chris

pd...@lightlink.com

Jul 3, 2006, 2:30:19 PM7/3/06
librarian wrote:
> Create your 7 point crypt card.

Bajika, who Hates You.
Nosferatu
(7)
POT
OBF
ani
dom

+1 strength, +1 stealth on actions to enter combat.

Heh. Not that, like, I'm real strong or stealthy or anything, just that
it seems like an appropriate spread fo abilities based on the kinda
decks I like. And apparently, the only ones I can use to any
effectivness. +1 stealth on actions to enter combat looks like a .5
cost ability (using the Creat-a-Clan rules) as all the other
conditional stealth (+1 stealth on Political Actions, +1 stealth when
equipping, etc.) cost a half a point.

-Peter

Huruem

Jul 4, 2006, 7:41:01 AM7/4/06
Mine is quite wierd :

Huruem
Capacity: 7
CHI VIC ani aus for
Sabbat Archbishop of Bourg la Reine: Any Follower of Set controlled by
another Methuselah may enter combat with Huruem as a (D) action.

librarian

Jul 4, 2006, 1:35:25 PM7/4/06

Clan?

best -

chris

Slytherin

Jul 5, 2006, 2:21:27 AM7/5/06
Slytherin
Follower of Set
OBF
SER
pre
Anarch Baron of Cambridge
Once each turn, Slytherin can untap after he performs a successful
action that requires an Anarch.

FC

Jul 5, 2006, 5:42:07 AM7/5/06
Frede - The crosseyed

Malkavian Baron of Copenhagen
ANI
AUS
DEM

mummy

Jul 5, 2006, 6:01:26 PM7/5/06
Jon D.
Toreador antitribu
Capacity 6
Sect: Leo

aus
cel
obf
for
pre

As a +1 stealth action, Jon can search your library for a Swarm. Jon
may also play Swarm, even if he is not a Laibon. If Jon is equipped
with a Swarm, he may choose to burn it during his untap phase. Jon
gets an additional +1 stealth when playing Swarm.

I can't tell if I'm overcosted or undercosted...

mummy

Jul 5, 2006, 6:04:03 PM7/5/06
Whoops--didn't read the directions--now I'm a 7.
mummy wrote:

> Jon D.
> Toreador antitribu
> Capacity 7
> Sect: Leo
>
> aus
ani
> cel
> for
> obf

librarian

Jul 5, 2006, 6:13:20 PM7/5/06

mummy wrote:
> Whoops--didn't read the directions--now I'm a 7.
>

> > I can't tell if I'm overcosted or undercosted...

Now you're just broken.

best -

chris

[designed any games lately?]

ThorR

Jul 6, 2006, 3:35:59 AM7/6/06
ThorR, Fenris Talon
Gangrel
cap: 7
ANI FOR PRO cel
Idependent. Any time ThorR uses combat card that makes his hand strike
aggravated (Wolf Claws, Bone Spur, Claws of the Dead, ect.) he may burn
1 blood to get +1 strength.

R0b1et

Jul 6, 2006, 5:12:30 AM7/6/06
R0b1et "The Misspelt"
Cap: 7
Malkavian
OBF
PRE
dem
aus
thau
Camarilla Prince of Reading

tobiasopdenbr...@notsocoldmail.com

Jul 6, 2006, 5:59:56 AM7/6/06

librarian wrote:
> So, I was intrigued by Robyn's answer in her interview:
>
> "If there was a card based on you, what would it be?
> A 5 cap Gangrel with super Animalism, Fortitude and +1 Strength."
>

> My challenge to you:
>
> Create your 7 point crypt card.

Well, It ain't 7cap, but I had been using this vampire as my
placeholder for a long time:

http://www.almadrava.net/damnans/images/tobias.jpg

Tobias,
Nosferatu, 8 cap, Group 2, I guess (from before grouping)
OBF pot dom ani for aus
Camarilla Prince of Deventer
Tobias may take a +1 stealth action to search your library for The
Spawning Pool or The Secret Library of Alexandria and put it in your
hand; discard down to your handsize and shuffle library afterwards.

But since I've left Deventer since then, I had a look to see if I could
make an advanced version which complies with your request for 7-cap -
alas, the CAC rules (which is the legal formula I'd like to use) are
down along with the ww site, AND a copy elsewhere
(http://www.tenerdo.org/cac.html) states that an advanced version must
have the same or higher cap as the base. So he'll have to be 8.

Tobias
Nosferatu, 8 cap, group 2
OBF pot dom ani for aus
Camarilla, Red List
[Merged] Tobias' title changes to Prince of Utrecht. +1 Stealth with an
additional +1 stealth on political actions. +1 intercept. +1 Strength.
May enter combat with a tapped minion controlled by any methuselah as a
(D) action that costs 1 blood.

9 cap, so 9 points to spend.

OBF = 2
pot, dom, ani, for aus = 5

Red list=-1

Merged: (cost/2) = 3
Title change = 0 (cosmetic and CaC compliance, for Dutch CaC the
'standard titles' would be Utrecht, Tilburg, Eindhoven, I guess. Yes,
the Utrecht crew may have thought about this claim. :) )
+1 stealth = 2
+1 additional on political=0.5
+1 intercept =1
+1 strength = 1.5
A la carte Rush special = 1+0.5-0.5 = 1

And yes, the merged abilities are filthy and I've been milking them, I
know. And yes, I like nosferatu political/fighty decks.

tobiasopdenbr...@notsocoldmail.com

Jul 6, 2006, 6:03:19 AM7/6/06

tobiasopdenbr...@notsocoldmail.com wrote:

> 9 cap, so 9 points to spend.

Make that '8 cap, so 9 points to spend' (if that's indeed correct under
CaC). If not, drop the +1 stealth from merged ability.

Tobias

Dorrinal Blackmantle

Jul 6, 2006, 6:18:28 PM7/6/06

librarian wrote:
> So, I was intrigued by Robyn's answer in her interview:
>
> "If there was a card based on you, what would it be?
> A 5 cap Gangrel with super Animalism, Fortitude and +1 Strength."
>

> My challenge to you:
>
> Create your 7 point crypt card.

I might be:

Dorrinal Blackmantle, Chantry Elder of Salt Lake City
Tremere
7 capacity
dom AUS CEL THA
Camarilla. +1 intercept.

--
Dorrinal Blackmantle
Chantry Elder of Salt Lake City

Rehlow

Jul 6, 2006, 6:48:42 PM7/6/06

librarian wrote:
> So, I was intrigued by Robyn's answer in her interview:
>
> "If there was a card based on you, what would it be?
> A 5 cap Gangrel with super Animalism, Fortitude and +1 Strength."
>

> My challenge to you:
>
> Create your 7 point crypt card.

Rehlow
Giovanni
6 cap
NEC
OBF
dom
Independent. Red List. If more than five actions have been successfully
performed this turn, untap Rehlow after resolving each successful
action for the remainder of the turn.

Am I undercosted or overcosted? Either way I'm sure I can find a way to
make me broken. :)

Later,
~Rehlow

tobiasopdenbr...@notsocoldmail.com

Jul 7, 2006, 3:13:17 AM7/7/06

Rehlow wrote:

> Am I undercosted or overcosted? Either way I'm sure I can find a way to
> make me broken. :)

What, you *didn't* design this one to break Turbo Baron?

;)

Tobias

Salem

Jul 7, 2006, 4:53:24 AM7/7/06

that, or after 5 embraces/weenies hunt or something, Rehlow himself
untaps after every action he himself successfully takes.

Also, for a 7-cap, his capacity is broken (being 6 ;)

--
salem
http://users.tpg.com.au/adsltqna/vtes/

antero

Jul 7, 2006, 7:48:26 AM7/7/06
My crypt card would be:

Antero
Clan: Follower of Set
Group: 3
Capacity: 7
DOM PRE SER
Sabbat: If you control a ready Tremere Antitribu, Antero can play cards
requiring Thaumaturgy as if he had a superior level of that discipline.

Jul 7, 2006, 9:23:52 AM7/7/06
A lot of people are answering this question as if it were a 7 capacity
vampire, so here goes:

Name: d
Clan: Abomination
Group: 5
Capacity: 7
Discipline: FOR obf pro vic tha
Independent: During your influence phase, you can remove another
vampire you control from the game to give d one level of each
discipline from that vampire and add their special text to his. d
cannot gain stealth on directed actions. Sterile. Scarce.

But if it were a 7 point vampire, i.e. a 5 cap, then it would be:

Name: d
Clan: Abomination
Group: 5
Capacity: 7
Discipline: FOR obf pro
Independent: During your influence phase, you can remove another
vampire you control from the game to give d one level of each
discipline from that vampire and add their special text to his. If you
do so, d becomes Red List. d cannot gain stealth on directed actions.
Sterile. Scarce.

preac...@gmx.at

Jul 7, 2006, 1:13:18 PM7/7/06

> librarian wrote:
>
> > My challenge to you:
> >
> > Create your 7 point crypt card.

How about:
Me
Follower of Set
Cap 7
OBF SER pre dom
Camarilla Primogen.
When an action requiring Serpentis is successful, you may draw a card
from your library. Discard down to your hand size afterward. Me gets +1
bleed when bleeding the Methuselah who has the Edge.

Enjoy. :)

wumpus

Jul 7, 2006, 4:04:45 PM7/7/06
Howdy,

> My challenge to you:
>
> Create your 7 point crypt card.
>

> Look here for the two formulas for creating vamps.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/zebak

Too many words... Using Create-A-Clan rules to create a 7-cap me:

AB Negative
7 cap
Malkavian
AUS dem obf PRO
Sabbat: Black Hand Seraph. May look at any Methuselah's hand as a (D)
action. +1 strength.

Oh, the abuses... And no, I'm not an antitribu. Just ask anyone on
the Madness Network...

Alex

Hyllan

Jul 8, 2006, 2:36:14 PM7/8/06
Chris wrote

> My challenge to you:
> Create your 7 point crypt card.

Hyllan, Inquisitor
Clan: Ventrue Antitribu
Cap: 7
Disc: DOM, AUS, cel, vic, pro
Sabbat Bishop
+1 bleed against a Methuselah who controls a ready Tremere. During the
untap phase, Hyllan may give up her title to gain 3 blood.

BearofMilwaukee

Jul 8, 2006, 2:59:27 PM7/8/06
> > My challenge to you:
> > Create your 7 point crypt card.

Bear, Liason to the Garou
Abomination
7 Cap
PRO
ABO
FOR
ANI
Bear may not have more than 0 stealth, intercept, or bleed. He may tap
to enter combat with any minion controlled by your predator. This is
not an action, and may not be blocked. Combats involving bear default
to close range. +2 strength. During your discard phase, burn a pool
or burn Bear.

This may, should, and will amuse anyone who remembers the
Jalan-Aajav/Karsh deck. Except Dave Buerger who was it's predator
during a tournament.

Ankur Gupta

Jul 7, 2006, 1:01:48 PM7/7/06
>> Am I undercosted or overcosted? Either way I'm sure I can find a way to
>> make me broken. :)
>
> What, you *didn't* design this one to break Turbo Baron?

Um, look at him again dude. He *is* designed to be broken with Turbo
Baron. That's the truly sad part about all this. ;)

Ankur

Jay Kristoff

Jul 9, 2006, 1:50:44 PM7/9/06

"BearofMilwaukee" wrote:

> > > My challenge to you:
> > > Create your 7 point crypt card.
>
> Bear, Liason to the Garou
> Abomination
> 7 Cap
> PRO
> ABO
> FOR
> ANI
> Bear may not have more than 0 stealth, intercept, or bleed. He may tap
> to enter combat with any minion controlled by your predator. This is
> not an action, and may not be blocked. Combats involving bear default
> to close range. +2 strength. During your discard phase, burn a pool
> or burn Bear.

all combats default to close range.

Jay

tobiasopdenbr...@notsocoldmail.com

Jul 10, 2006, 3:12:28 AM7/10/06

Wow! Really? I never would've guessed. :)

Tobias

Salem

Jul 10, 2006, 4:41:41 AM7/10/06

nah, he'd be overpowered then.

*snicker*

Raille

Jul 17, 2006, 7:47:34 PM7/17/06
David the Indefatigable
Clan: Follower of Set
Group: 5
Capacity: 7
SER pre dem obf
Independant: Dave may take a +1 stealth action to add a corruption counter
to any
card that currently has a corruption counter that you control. Untap if
succesful.

Kevin Walsh

Jul 18, 2006, 8:57:58 AM7/18/06
Ha! I am thoroughly inefficient, and my designer was obviously on
drugs.

Kevin Walsh

7 cap Brujah Antitribu

CEL
POT
PRE
qui
nec
obf
for

Sabbat. Red List. Kevin gets +1 Stealth and pays one less blood or pool
on Recruit Ally attempts. Kevin may untap once per turn after a
successful employ Ally action. Kevin may not play Reaction cards when
tapped, even if the Reaction card can normally be played by an untapped
Vampire.

Dr. Physics

Jul 19, 2006, 10:31:40 PM7/19/06
Obelisk, Librarian
Clan: Kiasyd
Group: 3
Capacity: 7
MYT OBT
Independent Anarch Baron of Buffalo: During your untap phase, choose a
methuselah. Obelisk gets +1 bleed when bleeding that methuselah. You
may choose not to untap Obelisk to give each of your ready anarchs +1
bleed against that methuselah. Cold iron vulnerability.

If that's too powerful, howsabout this instead.

Independent Anarch Baron of Buffalo: Obelisk may play cards that
require a ready anarch as though he possessed any of the listed
disciplines. If a vote would burn Obelisk, send him to your
uncontrolled region instead. Cold iron vulnerability.

I was thinking that an effect that makes 'anarch' function as a clan
for the use of sanguine instruction would be neat, but I figured it
would be too much for either of these...

~m

Teeka

Jul 20, 2006, 7:20:10 AM7/20/06
Cool thread.

Lots of Setites so far, I wonder why...

Here's me (from my humble self perspective)

Teeka, the Noble
Toreador
Capacity: 7
aus tha PRE OBE
Camarilla Primogen. Teeka cannot use actions to enter combat with
another minion. During any referendum, Teeka's votes cannot be changed
by cards or effects played by other Methuselahs. Whenever Teeka employs
a mortal ally, that ally gets 1 additional life.

Since I'm a musician and a very sociable person, I always thought I
couldn't be anything else but a Toreador.
However, I never thought the Auspex discipline to suit me very well (I
can be observant, but very slow), but Obeah would be a better idea (I
enjoy helping people).
Also, I thought that if I were a vampire, I probably would love being
able to kick people's ass with magic instead of fists, hence the
Thaumaturgy.
The specials come from the fact that I believe in the principal of
never hitting first, my stubbornness at holding on to my own points of
view, and the fact that lots of times, people seem motivated to give me
just that little extra bit of effort. Besides, I like ally cards.

Overpowered? I dunno (not sure about how strong the voting special is).
Pretty sure we'll never see a Toreador with this discipline spread,
though. :)

Fabio Ciccone

Jul 20, 2006, 1:03:01 PM7/20/06

John Flournoy

Jul 20, 2006, 4:22:01 PM7/20/06

librarian wrote:
> "If there was a card based on you, what would it be?

Carneggy the Indecisive Deckbuilder
Caitiff
7-cap
abo dai nec obt spi tem thn
Independent. When you play a card, flip a coin. If heads, you must draw
its replacement from any other Methuselah's library instead of your own
(if possible). Put the card drawn face-up in front of you. It is still
considered to be in your hand, to be played or discarded as normal.
Whenever Carneggy's clan is checked, the Methuselah with the edge may
declare what clan he is for that effect.

-John Flournoy

Ben Peal

Jul 21, 2006, 3:07:45 AM7/21/06

Orpheus wrote:
> > Orpheus Giovanni, the Consiliere
> > 8-Cap
> > Clan : Giovanni ; 1 Vote.
> > Disciplines : DOM / NEC / Pot / PRE
> > Special text : each turn, when Orpheus is ready, he can give a ready
> > Prince, Archbishop or Baron one more vote.
>
> Lol, just thought, for drinking ability and Ventrue compatibility I should
> have For too... ;-)

Orpheus Giovanni, the Consiliere (Advanced)
8-Cap
Clan: Giovanni
Disciplines: DOM NEC PRE pot
Special text: Advanced. Independent. 1 vote (titled). Orpheus gets
+1 stealth when performing an action that requires Necromancy.
Merged: When Orpheus becomes merged, you may search your
library for The Necroflask and equip Orpheus with it (pay cost as
normal,
this is not an action). Shuffle your library afterward.

The Necroflask
Equipment
Giovanni
1 pool
The minion with this equipment may move one blood or life from a
ready minion to this card as a (D) action. The minion with this
equipment may move one blood or life from this card to a ready
minion as a (D) action.

- Ben Peal

xcver

Aug 17, 2006, 1:54:44 PM8/17/06
librarian schrieb:

> So, I was intrigued by Robyn's answer in her interview:
>
> "If there was a card based on you, what would it be?
> A 5 cap Gangrel with super Animalism, Fortitude and +1 Strength."
>

> My challenge to you:
>
> Create your 7 point crypt card.
>
> Look here for the two formulas for creating vamps.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/zebak
>
> In Jyhad, Robyn would be undercosted (ANI=2, FOR=2, +1 =2 = 6pts). In
> the Sabbat, she would be overcosted (Non-pander=1, ANI=1.5, FOR = 1, +1
> = 1 =4.5pts). Searching on Monger for vamps, it looks like +1 strength
> (and maybe +1 bleed) costs a lot more below 6, or is conditional (see
> Muriel Foucade). So with that, I would say Robyn has created a good
> vampire for modern use.
>

> Here is my try:
>

> Chris Shorb, Fence
> 7-cap
> Nosferatu
> Group 3
> OBF POT ani pre
> Primogen
> Equipment cards costs Chris 1 less blood or pool to equip.
>
> Not pander = 1
> OBF = 2
> POT = 1
> ani = 1
> pre = .5
> Prim = .5
> Special = 1
> 7.0
>
> best -
>
> chris

XCVER, Servant of Ba'al se Buhb
Baali 7 cap
Independent, Infernal
DAI, THA, obf, pre, for
XCVER may search your library for a demon card or a card requiring Baali
as a +1 Stealth Action (Discard down afterwards). If XCVER sucessfully
completes an action to put a demon into play untap him.

Vragozakas

Aug 17, 2006, 4:31:51 PM8/17/06
Vragozakas
Clan: Samedi
Group: 4
Capacity:7
Sect: independent
Disciplines: THAN, chi, for, obf
Special Text: Cards that require Thanatosis or Chimerstry cost
Vragozakas 1 less blood to play.

quetzalcoatl

Aug 17, 2006, 11:19:22 PM8/17/06
My version of myself is at

http://vtes.vega.id.au/wp-images/byo_storyline_09_2005/david.jpg

however it might not be costed correctly ... I took a little license
with the Create-A-Clan rules, however if someone can guide me through
the unofficial "official" rules and correct it ... so much the better.

XZealot

Aug 17, 2006, 11:51:30 PM8/17/06

You need to drop two points of disciplines.

7 cap= 8 poiints
infernal= +1
4 superior disciplines= -8 points
Anarch= -.5 point
Baron= -1 point
discipline special= -1.5 points

Balance is that you owe two points of that you have overspent.

Comments Welcome,
Norman S. Brown, Jr
XZealot
Archon of the Swamp

quetzalcoatl

Aug 18, 2006, 4:56:39 AM8/18/06

XZealot wrote:
> quetzalcoatl wrote:
> > My version of myself is at
> >
> > http://vtes.vega.id.au/wp-images/byo_storyline_09_2005/david.jpg
> >
> > however it might not be costed correctly ... I took a little license
> > with the Create-A-Clan rules, however if someone can guide me through
> > the unofficial "official" rules and correct it ... so much the better.
>
> You need to drop two points of disciplines.
>
> 7 cap= 8 poiints
> infernal= +1
> 4 superior disciplines= -8 points
> Anarch= -.5 point
> Baron= -1 point
> discipline special= -1.5 points
>
> Balance is that you owe two points of that you have overspent.

Specials were .5 in sabbat weren't they? And I thought the Baron title
automatically made you Ananrch?

XZealot

Aug 18, 2006, 2:51:08 PM8/18/06

In create-a-clan anarch costs .5 and Baron isn't even availible outside
of a merge special. As for specials costing .5 in Sabbat you are way,
way off base. Ian Forestal who has a similar special pays THREE points
for it, and possibly more based upon the bizzare Sabbat costing scheme
(something about second superior inclan being free which makes his
special even more expensive).

quetzalcoatl

Aug 18, 2006, 10:46:58 PM8/18/06

Cool then 2 points in the hole I am ... hmmm ... what to do ...
probably get rid of 1 level chimerstry and 1 level fortitude then ...
the advanced version will have to make up for it ... or I can make the
advanced version the baron or something.

Thanks for the help.

James Coupe

Aug 23, 2006, 4:41:23 AM8/23/06
In message <1155927068.8...@p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com>,

XZealot <xze...@cox.net> writes:
>Ian Forestal who has a similar special pays THREE points
>for it, and possibly more based upon the bizzare Sabbat costing scheme
>(something about second superior inclan being free which makes his
>special even more expensive).

6, if you assume he has his special, then three inferior disciplines
which become superior (due to the special), with nine points on an eight
cap.

--
James Coupe
PGP Key: 0x5D623D5D YOU ARE IN ERROR.

Blooded Sand

Aug 27, 2006, 2:06:58 AM8/27/06
Here goes...
Blooded Sands
Assamite
7 Capacity
QUI
CEL
THA
obf
Blooded Sands pays one less for cards that require Quietus. Blooded
Sands gets -1 stealth when he hunts.

Should be okay?

XZealot

Aug 27, 2006, 4:55:44 AM8/27/06

James Coupe wrote:
> In message <1155927068.8...@p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com>,
> XZealot <xze...@cox.net> writes:
> >Ian Forestal who has a similar special pays THREE points
> >for it, and possibly more based upon the bizzare Sabbat costing scheme
> >(something about second superior inclan being free which makes his
> >special even more expensive).
>
> 6, if you assume he has his special, then three inferior disciplines
> which become superior (due to the special), with nine points on an eight
> cap.

I don't know where you are coming from with this. If that were true
than a single Seeds of Corruption would give him 3 inferior
disciplines. It doesn't.

Anyway, hope that Guiness tastes good.

James Coupe

Aug 27, 2006, 6:09:55 AM8/27/06
In message <1156668943....@p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com>,

XZealot <xze...@cox.net> writes:
>James Coupe wrote:
>> In message <1155927068.8...@p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com>,
>> XZealot <xze...@cox.net> writes:
>> >Ian Forestal who has a similar special pays THREE points
>> >for it, and possibly more based upon the bizzare Sabbat costing scheme
>> >(something about second superior inclan being free which makes his
>> >special even more expensive).
>>
>> 6, if you assume he has his special, then three inferior disciplines
>> which become superior (due to the special), with nine points on an eight
>> cap.
>
>I don't know where you are coming from with this. If that were true
>than a single Seeds of Corruption would give him 3 inferior
>disciplines. It doesn't.

Erm, I wasn't talking about how the special functions with regards
particular cards. I was talking about how you might choose to evaluate
the notional cost of the special in the general sense. See also
comparing Ian's special to free disciplines, even though it doesn't work
against (e.g.) Kiss of Ra, or any one of a hundred other comparisons
that are made between cards, even though a corner case special works
differently.

See <http://groups.google.com/group/rec.games.trading-cards.jyhad/msg/1b
59cdb8067c2943> and follow-ups for different ways of looking at this.

XZealot

Aug 28, 2006, 2:41:02 AM8/28/06

James Coupe wrote:
> In message <1156668943....@p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com>,
> XZealot <xze...@cox.net> writes:
> >James Coupe wrote:
> >>
> >> 6, if you assume he has his special, then three inferior disciplines
> >> which become superior (due to the special), with nine points on an eight
> >> cap.
> >
> >I don't know where you are coming from with this. If that were true
> >than a single Seeds of Corruption would give him 3 inferior
> >disciplines. It doesn't.
>
> Erm, I wasn't talking about how the special functions with regards
> particular cards. I was talking about how you might choose to evaluate
> the notional cost of the special in the general sense. See also
> comparing Ian's special to free disciplines, even though it doesn't work
> against (e.g.) Kiss of Ra, or any one of a hundred other comparisons
> that are made between cards, even though a corner case special works
> differently.

But that is not how the special works because he has 3 superior
disciplines. How does he not?

James Coupe

Aug 28, 2006, 6:07:49 PM8/28/06
In message <1156747261.9...@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>,

XZealot <xze...@cox.net> writes:
>But that is not how the special works because he has 3 superior
>disciplines. How does he not?

If you followed the link I provided (and which you snipped, for some
reason), The Lasombra provides one such line of reasoning.

"5 points for all disciplines at basic and then 3 points for the
superior versions of Dominate, Auspex, and Thaumaturgy. "

(This is working on 8 points of skills for an 8 point vampire. Under
current costing, it's 9 points on an 8 point vampire, though the
difference doesn't matter much for the point at hand.)

You appear to be stuck in "OMG you're not accurately representing the
way Ian's special works in terms of game mechanics. Won't somebody
think of the Seeds of Corruption?" And no, I'm not bothered about a
couple of corner-case cards. Nor am I bothered that some disciplines
are affected by hosers (e.g. Valerius's special) when other disciplines
aren't affected - they all cost 1 point per level, in most costing
schemes.

I'm not trying to account for tiny differences, because that's not what
this is about. It's about trying to establish a notional cost, by way
of evaluation and analogy in the round rather than just looking at the
card in a simplistic fashion.

Some library cards are rather more subtle than, say, Ascendance or Life
in the City - which establish baseline benefits for other master cards
and trifles to be evaluated alongside. People often compare Sanguine
Instruction to Discipline masters, even thought it wouldn't work with
Ian's special, and others compare Spontaneous Power, even though it
doesn't grant a capacity. And other people will compare vampire
specials that simulate certain things to the real thing, even though
they don't work the same way - such as Kemintiri's special, say. And
others will compare Ian's special to the notional cost of building a
vampire, point-by-point, with imaginary discipline cards. And so Ian
has all the disciplines at inferior, and then adds three imaginary
discipline cards to himself, the same way that Gitane St Clair has 6
imaginary discipline cards on her, to account for her disciplines.

I'm not sure what part of this is difficult to follow.

XZealot

Aug 28, 2006, 7:45:25 PM8/28/06

James Coupe wrote:
> In message <1156747261.9...@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>,
> XZealot <xze...@cox.net> writes:
> >But that is not how the special works because he has 3 superior
> >disciplines. How does he not?
>
> If you followed the link I provided (and which you snipped, for some
> reason), The Lasombra provides one such line of reasoning.
>
> "5 points for all disciplines at basic and then 3 points for the
> superior versions of Dominate, Auspex, and Thaumaturgy. "
>
> (This is working on 8 points of skills for an 8 point vampire. Under
> current costing, it's 9 points on an 8 point vampire, though the
> difference doesn't matter much for the point at hand.)
>

> You appear to be stuck in "OMG you're not accurately representing the
> way Ian's special works in terms of game mechanics.

No, I am not.

I am stuck in the "How can quetzacouatl think that an Iian forrestal
ability only cost one-half of one point?"

I understand that Peter Bajika, who I have never met yet feel a certain
cobat junkie kinship, does not like the card. I have argued with him
about it more recently that 1998 right here on this newsgrouyp.

Sorry about the typing Ijust burned all the skinn off both my hasnds
and am typing with my pinky. Trust me it sucks not to be ablew to
express yourself or hold a beer.

XZ
Norm Brown

Blooded Sand

Aug 29, 2006, 4:36:02 AM8/29/06

Norm, all kudo's and respect for setting the MtG weenuies on fire. But
next time, please wipe the napalm off your own hands before applying
the matches...

XZealot

Aug 29, 2006, 4:45:38 PM8/29/06

It was molten yams, the vegitarians Greek Fire.

quetzalcoatl

Aug 29, 2006, 9:50:01 PM8/29/06

XZealot wrote:

> > > I am stuck in the "How can quetzacouatl think that an Iian forrestal
> > > ability only cost one-half of one point?"

Hang on ... I never said that's what I thought ... I asked for help in
correcting the card.

However it isn't a Forrestal ability, it is restricted to Anarch cards
only. Forrestal has access to everything, including Bloodlines
disciplines.

Mar 6, 2019, 3:37:52 AM3/6/19
This vampire is finally on a printable card!
https://www.drivethrucards.com/product/268560/D--Custom-Card

To celebrate, I invented an advanced version:
https://www.drivethrucards.com/product/268561/D--Custom-Card