a few questions

lovre

Aug 8, 2006, 2:37:34 PM8/8/06
1) Rötschreck

a) Blocking minion plays Rötschreck. Acting minion plays Psyche!; whats
the result?

b) Blocking minion plays Rötschreck. Acting minion plays Telepathic
Tracking; whats the result?

2) Psyche/Telepathic Tracking vs Majesty or Mirror Image or Form of Mist

Why, when playing majesty, I still get to untap while Psyched, and do
not have the ability to continue the blocked action via mirror or form?

3) Scorpion Sting vs Acrobatics(also Wind Dance and Arms of the Abyss)
or Stutter-Step.

How does Scorpion Sting affect the second part of these strikes? If my
dodge effect has been negated, do I get my additional strikes/hand
strike from stutter-step.

The question is: Is there a permanent logical ruling about canceling
card effects? I've been told that psyched mirror image or form of mist
does not continue my action, by canceling my combat end. If so, why do I
untap by Majesty?

By my logic, if someone negates my dodge(with an additional strike) I
should lose the additional strike.

Also :

Minion A plays super Flash to maneuver; and minion B plays super Rigor
Mortis to cancel the maneuver; does minion A keep his press (seeing that
his maneuver was just canceled)?

And the last thing, can Matthias play Anesthetic Touch in combat vs
Oliver Thrace?

Jozxyqk

Aug 8, 2006, 2:45:38 PM8/8/06
lovre <lovre.g...@st.htnet.hr> wrote:
> 1) Rötschreck

> a) Blocking minion plays Rötschreck. Acting minion plays Psyche!; whats
> the result?

The Rotschreck goes onto the minion, but the minion does not go into torpor,
and a new combat begins.

> b) Blocking minion plays Rötschreck. Acting minion plays Telepathic
> Tracking; whats the result?

The Rotschreck goes onto the minion, but the minion does not go into torpor,
and a new round of combat begins.

> 2) Psyche/Telepathic Tracking vs Majesty or Mirror Image or Form of Mist

> Why, when playing majesty, I still get to untap while Psyched, and do
> not have the ability to continue the blocked action via mirror or form?

Because you can not continue an action when there is a queued combat.
There's a specific rule about that situation.

> 3) Scorpion Sting vs Acrobatics(also Wind Dance and Arms of the Abyss)
> or Stutter-Step.

> How does Scorpion Sting affect the second part of these strikes? If my
> dodge effect has been negated, do I get my additional strikes/hand
> strike from stutter-step.

If the Scorpion Sting came first, then the opposing minion can't even play
the Wind Dance/Arms.
If the Scorpion Sting came second, I think you still get your additional
strike, as only the dodge was canceled.

> Minion A plays super Flash to maneuver; and minion B plays super Rigor
> Mortis to cancel the maneuver; does minion A keep his press (seeing that
> his maneuver was just canceled)?

Yes. (same reason)

> And the last thing, can Matthias play Anesthetic Touch in combat vs
> Oliver Thrace?

Yes. It is not Strike: Combat Ends.

LSJ

Aug 8, 2006, 2:54:20 PM8/8/06
Jozxyqk wrote:
> lovre <lovre.g...@st.htnet.hr> wrote:

Joz's correct answers snipped...

> > 2) Psyche/Telepathic Tracking vs Majesty or Mirror Image or Form of Mist
> > Why, when playing majesty, I still get to untap while Psyched, and do
> > not have the ability to continue the blocked action via mirror or form?
>
> Because you can not continue an action when there is a queued combat.

More directly: because the continuance occurs after combat ends while
the untapping occurs before combat ends.

Things that interrupt the process at the end-of-combat mark will
interrupt before the continuance but will be too late to stop the
untap.

> > 3) Scorpion Sting vs Acrobatics(also Wind Dance and Arms of the Abyss)
> > or Stutter-Step.
>
> > How does Scorpion Sting affect the second part of these strikes? If my
> > dodge effect has been negated, do I get my additional strikes/hand
> > strike from stutter-step.
>
> If the Scorpion Sting came first, then the opposing minion can't even play
> the Wind Dance/Arms.

Yes, he can. Scorpion Sting doesn't prevent the opponent from choosing
a dodge as his strike. The strike is simply unaffected/unavoided by the
dodge.

> If the Scorpion Sting came second, I think you still get your additional
> strike, as only the dodge was canceled.

True enough.