Dumb Zhenga timing question

Jozxyqk

May 27, 2006, 8:53:47 AM5/27/06
"When Zhenga announces a recruit action or employ action, she may burn X
blood. If the action succeeds, she may recruit and employ up to X
additional allies and retainers from your hand (pay cost as normal)."

So, let's say Zhenga Clan Impersonated to Tzimisce.
Zhenga's controller has a War Ghoul and JS Simmons in his hand.

Zhenga announces the action to recruit the War Ghoul, and burns 1 blood.

The action succeeds, and Zhenga brings both the War Ghoul and JS into
play.

Can Zhenga's controller burn JS to satisfy the War Ghoul?

Pat

May 27, 2006, 9:02:37 AM5/27/06
"Jozxyqk" <jfeu...@eecs.tufts.edu> wrote in message

While we're clarifying, can I add one more question to the mix?

Since the additional allies & retainers are "from your hand," can they be
DI'd? Or does Zhenga's special mean that they're not played "in the normal
fashion" (quote from RTR 20001020)?

TIA,
Pat

LSJ

May 30, 2006, 9:17:05 AM5/30/06

Yes.

Either they're put in play simultaneously, in which case the answer
follows directly, or they're not (and they're put into play
sequentially), in which case the answer is moot, since you can always
choose to put JS in first instead of second.

LSJ

May 30, 2006, 9:17:37 AM5/30/06
Pat wrote:
> Since the additional allies & retainers are "from your hand," can they be
> DI'd? Or does Zhenga's special mean that they're not played "in the normal
> fashion" (quote from RTR 20001020)?

The latter.