LSJ : Hordes of questions

Orpheus

Nov 17, 2005, 6:04:20 AM11/17/05
Heaven's Gate C
Combat
1 blood
OBE NEC
Only usable by a ready untapped vampire not involved in combat
[nec] prevent 1 damage to an ally in combat
[obe] Only usable when an ally is burned in combat. Move that ally to
his or her controller's uncontrolled region (controlled, but not ready)
instead. Put 1 life on the ally from the blood bank if he or she has no
life.
[OBE] As [obe] above, but add up to 2 life to the ally, not to exceed
his or her starting amount.

If a Shambling is thus saved, do we have to burn a new minion or is it
not consider to re-enter play (more like : it doesn't really leave) ?
It's the "instead" which makes me doubt.

Compel the Spirit : +1 stealth action. Only usable if a retainer or
ally you control has been burned since your last turn. [nec] Move the
card from your ash heap to your hand. [NEC] Move the card from your ash
heap to your ready region, even if this vampire doesn't meet the
requirements, if any, of the card (use the normal version if it
requires a Discipline). Move X life counters from the blood bank to the
card, where X is the number of life printed on the card. If a retainer
is chosen, it must be placed on the acting minion.

"The normal version" isn't very clear. I told other players that if the
acting minion had NEC the Shambling would come back with 4 lives, is it
correct ?

And when a card brings a Horde back with "its starting life", do we
have to remember if it was 3 or 4, is it instantly 4, or what ?

T.I.A.,

Orpheus, ZOmbiemonger.

LSJ

Nov 17, 2005, 6:31:36 AM11/17/05
Orpheus wrote:

> Heaven's Gate C
> Combat
> 1 blood
> OBE NEC
> Only usable by a ready untapped vampire not involved in combat
> [nec] prevent 1 damage to an ally in combat
> [obe] Only usable when an ally is burned in combat. Move that ally to
> his or her controller's uncontrolled region (controlled, but not ready)
> instead. Put 1 life on the ally from the blood bank if he or she has no
> life.
> [OBE] As [obe] above, but add up to 2 life to the ally, not to exceed
> his or her starting amount.
>
> If a Shambling is thus saved, do we have to burn a new minion or is it
> not consider to re-enter play (more like : it doesn't really leave) ?
> It's the "instead" which makes me doubt.

Right, it isn't entering play.

And note that the Horde will not gain any life (by its own card text),
so if it was burning due to lack of life, it will still burn.

> Compel the Spirit : +1 stealth action. Only usable if a retainer or
> ally you control has been burned since your last turn. [nec] Move the
> card from your ash heap to your hand. [NEC] Move the card from your ash
> heap to your ready region, even if this vampire doesn't meet the
> requirements, if any, of the card (use the normal version if it
> requires a Discipline). Move X life counters from the blood bank to the
> card, where X is the number of life printed on the card. If a retainer
> is chosen, it must be placed on the acting minion.
>
> "The normal version" isn't very clear.

It is, in that it is unambiguous and can only be read one way: at
the normal level.

>I told other players that if the
> acting minion had NEC the Shambling would come back with 4 lives, is it
> correct ?

No. Use the normal version. A normal-nec version of a Horde has 3 life.

> And when a card brings a Horde back with "its starting life", do we
> have to remember if it was 3 or 4, is it instantly 4, or what ?

The normal version has three.

--
That is my story, be it bitter or be it sweet.
Keep a little and let a little come back to me.

Orpheus

Nov 17, 2005, 9:04:00 AM11/17/05
Weird, I didn't know that "normal" was "inferior". Registered now,
thanks.

Matthew T. Morgan

Nov 17, 2005, 9:28:15 AM11/17/05
On Thu, 17 Nov 2005, Orpheus wrote:

> Weird, I didn't know that "normal" was "inferior". Registered now,
> thanks.

Why do you think people watch so much television?

Matt Morgan