[LSJ] Disarm, Decapitate, Amaranth, Taste of Vitae

JH

Nov 30, 2003, 6:27:47 PM11/30/03
Are these following plays legal or not?

1) Disarm; Decapitate or Amaranth

2) Taste of Vitae; Disarm; Decapitate or Amaranth

3) Disarm; Decapitate or Amaranth; Taste of Vitae

4) Disarm; Taste of Vitae; Decapitate or Amaranth

I'd say legal (not certain about the order in 4)
because Decapitate nor Amaranth neither define
in which phase they are playable so they are
playable at any phase of combat where there is a legal
target (a vampire going into torpor) and end of combat
is by definition (as Disarm and Taste of Vitae are
combat cards and can be played at that time) still a
part of combat.

LSJ

Nov 30, 2003, 9:11:48 PM11/30/03
JH wrote:
> Are these following plays legal or not?

Assuming the semicolons denote sequencing...

> 1) Disarm; Decapitate or Amaranth

Yes.

> 2) Taste of Vitae; Disarm; Decapitate or Amaranth

Yes.

> 3) Disarm; Decapitate or Amaranth; Taste of Vitae

Yes.

> 4) Disarm; Taste of Vitae; Decapitate or Amaranth

Yes.

> I'd say legal (not certain about the order in 4)
> because Decapitate nor Amaranth neither define
> in which phase they are playable so they are
> playable at any phase of combat where there is a legal
> target (a vampire going into torpor) and end of combat
> is by definition (as Disarm and Taste of Vitae are
> combat cards and can be played at that time) still a
> part of combat.

Correct.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Joshua Duffin

Dec 2, 2003, 1:09:30 AM12/2/03
LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message news:<3FCAA364...@white-wolf.com>...

> JH wrote:
> > Are these following plays legal or not?
>
> Assuming the semicolons denote sequencing...

> > 3) Disarm; Decapitate or Amaranth; Taste of Vitae
>
> Yes.

After the Decapitate or Amaranth is played, you can still play Taste
of Vitae? Shouldn't the opposing vampire have been burned already
when the Amaranth/Decapitate happens, and after that, there's no
opposing vampire available (combat is "really" over)?

Josh

uncapitated

salem

Dec 2, 2003, 2:02:54 AM12/2/03
On 1 Dec 2003 22:09:30 -0800, jtdu...@yahoo.com (Joshua Duffin)
scrawled:

so josh, if i hit a guy with 1 blood for a superior Burning Wrath,
doing 3 agg and burning him, i should be not allowed to play Taste of
Vitae? why is that? the round is ending, i want to gain the blood lost
by the opposing minion to damage.

surely you'd let me play a Ritual of the Bitter Rose after an
amaranth, even if i am a blocking minion, wouldn't you? it's a combat
card, so obviously combat's _not quite_ really over after the
amaranth/decapitate.

salem
domain:canberra http://www.geocities.com/salem_christ.geo/vtes.htm

LSJ

Dec 2, 2003, 7:56:59 AM12/2/03

The round has to end when combat ends.

Joshua Duffin

Dec 8, 2003, 3:42:40 PM12/8/03

"salem" <salem_ch...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> so josh, if i hit a guy with 1 blood for a superior Burning Wrath,
> doing 3 agg and burning him, i should be not allowed to play Taste of
> Vitae? why is that? the round is ending, i want to gain the blood lost
> by the opposing minion to damage.
>
> surely you'd let me play a Ritual of the Bitter Rose after an
> amaranth, even if i am a blocking minion, wouldn't you? it's a combat
> card, so obviously combat's _not quite_ really over after the
> amaranth/decapitate.

You're quite right. That is, it doesn't *entirely* make sense in my
head that the combat hasn't ended "immediately" when one of the minions
is burned, but it's just as sensible as for those combat cards to be
playable when one of the minions is no longer ready. And clearly it is
the sensible way for the cards to be playable.

Josh

obviously hit the crack rock a little hard that day