couple o' questions

jeroen rombouts

Dec 13, 2000, 9:31:49 AM12/13/00
I've been playing Jyhad and v:tes since the game first came out. After 3
years of not playing, I now play again. I'm a bit rusty about some of the
details.

1. If a vampire becomes a prince -and gained capacity by doing so. If this
vamp is Banished, he keeps the title, right. Does the controller have to
infest the extra transfer to bring him back. If this vamp is burned, eg by
Goodnight Sweet Prince, and then zombified using Nec., does he still have
the title?

2. Situation: I controll a Malkavian with Ivory Bowand Madness Network is
out. If my Malk is acting between turns, is blocked, can I play Rotschreck?
I'm not playing it in my turn, or are these actings seen as 'in-turn'.

3. Has anyone made a succesful deck based on Cairo Int'l Airport? I'm really
stuck.

legb...@my-deja.com

Dec 13, 2000, 10:24:05 AM12/13/00
In article <pLLZ5.93602$lR2.3...@afrodite.telenet-ops.be>,

"jeroen rombouts" <jeroen....@pandora.be> wrote:
> I've been playing Jyhad and v:tes since the game first came out. After 3
> years of not playing, I now play again.

Welcome back!

I'm a bit rusty about some of the
> details.
>
> 1. If a vampire becomes a prince -and gained capacity by doing so. If this
> vamp is Banished, he keeps the title, right.

Yes.

Does the controller have to
> infest the extra transfer to bring him back.

Not sure, but i think not. i believe that Master and other cards which
change a vamp's capacity are out of play as long as that vampire is in
the uncontrolled region.

If this vamp is burned, eg by
> Goodnight Sweet Prince, and then zombified using Nec., does he still have
> the title?

If the vamp is burned from play [eg by diablerie or Memory's Fading
glimpse or Might of the Camarilla] s/he loses the title and doesn't
regain it if Possessed. GNSP burns vampires from the crypt, so they would
not have had a chance to gain any extrameous title.

> 2. Situation: I controll a Malkavian with Ivory Bowand Madness Network is
> out. If my Malk is acting between turns, is blocked, can I play Rotschreck?

Yes you can. It's the basis of the malkavian out-of-turn Rush deck.

> I'm not playing it in my turn, or are these actings seen as 'in-turn'.
>
> 3. Has anyone made a succesful deck based on Cairo Int'l Airport? I'm really
> stuck.

Rob treasure won the last-but-one Portsmouth tournament with one. It is
in his Ventrue Newsletter for November IIRC.

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

jeroen rombouts

Dec 13, 2000, 1:13:14 PM12/13/00

<legb...@my-deja.com> wrote in message news:9184ad$lth$1...@nnrp1.deja.com...

> In article <pLLZ5.93602$lR2.3...@afrodite.telenet-ops.be>,
> "jeroen rombouts" <jeroen....@pandora.be> wrote:
> > I've been playing Jyhad and v:tes since the game first came out. After 3
> > years of not playing, I now play again.
>
> Welcome back!
>
> I'm a bit rusty about some of the
> > details.
> >
> > 1. If a vampire becomes a prince -and gained capacity by doing so. If
this
> > vamp is Banished, he keeps the title, right.
>
> Yes.
>
> Does the controller have to
> > infest the extra transfer to bring him back.
>
> Not sure, but i think not. i believe that Master and other cards which
> change a vamp's capacity are out of play as long as that vampire is in
> the uncontrolled region.
>
> If this vamp is burned, eg by
> > Goodnight Sweet Prince, and then zombified using Nec., does he still
have
> > the title?
>
> If the vamp is burned from play [eg by diablerie or Memory's Fading
> glimpse or Might of the Camarilla] s/he loses the title and doesn't
> regain it if Possessed. GNSP burns vampires from the crypt, so they would
> not have had a chance to gain any extrameous title.

He can gain a title, then be banished, then be kissed goodnight. That was
the real question here. Sorry if I wrote it badly, my mother tongue is
Dutch.

LSJ

Dec 13, 2000, 10:05:02 AM12/13/00
jeroen rombouts wrote:

> I've been playing Jyhad and v:tes since the game first came out. After 3
> years of not playing, I now play again. I'm a bit rusty about some of the
> details.
>
> 1. If a vampire becomes a prince -and gained capacity by doing so. If this
> vamp is Banished, he keeps the title, right. Does the controller have to

He'll "remember" his title when he is again controlled, yes.

> infest the extra transfer to bring him back. If this vamp is burned, eg by

No.

> Goodnight Sweet Prince, and then zombified using Nec., does he still have
> the title?

No. Burned vampires forget the effects that had been applied in play.

> 2. Situation: I controll a Malkavian with Ivory Bowand Madness Network is
> out. If my Malk is acting between turns, is blocked, can I play Rotschreck?

If the blocker is a vampire and you attempt to strike with the Bow (or
otherwise attempt to do agg damage to the opposing vampire, as required
by Rotschreck), yes.

> I'm not playing it in my turn, or are these actings seen as 'in-turn'.

It is not seen as "in-turn".

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

LSJ

Dec 13, 2000, 1:19:59 PM12/13/00
jeroen rombouts wrote:
> <legb...@my-deja.com> wrote in message news:9184ad$lth$1...@nnrp1.deja.com...
> > "jeroen rombouts" <jeroen....@pandora.be> wrote:
> > If the vamp is burned from play [eg by diablerie or Memory's Fading
> > glimpse or Might of the Camarilla] s/he loses the title and doesn't
> > regain it if Possessed. GNSP burns vampires from the crypt, so they would
> > not have had a chance to gain any extrameous title.
> >
> He can gain a title, then be banished, then be kissed goodnight. That was
> the real question here. Sorry if I wrote it badly, my mother tongue is
> Dutch.

Banishment only gets him as far as his uncontrolled region.
You'd have to follow that with a Memories Fading glimpse to return
him to the Crypt (and then wait until he makes his way to the
top of the crypt) before Kissing him Goodnight.

At any rate: a vampire (or any card, for that matter) in the ash heap,
library, or crypt (or out of play) doesn't remember anything.

Halcyan 2

Dec 14, 2000, 3:34:01 PM12/14/00
>At any rate: a vampire (or any card, for that matter) in the ash heap,
>library, or crypt (or out of play) doesn't remember anything.

Isn't contested stuff considered out of play? So if a vampire gets a title,
gets contested, and then comes back, he/she wouldn't remember anything?

Also, while I don't think Jyhad has any such cards, the evil game of Magic had
quite a few cards that temporarily removed cards (like creatures) from the game
(like Icy Prison and their own version of Oubliette). Since out of play cards
don't remember anything, any such cards in Jyhad would have some interesting
repercussions....

Halcyan 2

LSJ

Dec 15, 2000, 7:52:19 AM12/15/00
Halcyan 2 wrote:

> >At any rate: a vampire (or any card, for that matter) in the ash heap,
> >library, or crypt (or out of play) doesn't remember anything.
>
> Isn't contested stuff considered out of play? So if a vampire gets a title,
> gets contested, and then comes back, he/she wouldn't remember anything?

Contested is out of play for most purposes.
However contested cards remember the stuff applied to them (when they are
recontrolled).

Halcyan 2

Dec 17, 2000, 6:37:22 AM12/17/00
>1. If a vampire becomes a prince -and gained capacity by doing so. If this
>vamp is Banished, he keeps the title, right. Does the controller have to
>infest the extra transfer to bring him back. If this vamp is burned, eg by
>Goodnight Sweet Prince, and then zombified using Nec., does he still have
>the title?

I'm pretty sure the extra capacity from the Praxis does NOT count when
trasnferring (just like how Skill cards aren't factored in when you transfer a
Banished vampire). I'm also fairly sure that the Banished vampire "remembers"
his title. The other concept was discussed in a recent thread. If a vampire (or
other card) goes back to the library, to the ash heap / discard pile, or is out
of play, it does NOT "remember" anything. So the zombified vampire does not
have the title.

>2. Situation: I controll a Malkavian with Ivory Bowand Madness Network is
>out. If my Malk is acting between turns, is blocked, can I play Rotschreck?
>I'm not playing it in my turn, or are these actings seen as 'in-turn'.

I think the answer is yes. Even though you're taking the action, it is still
the other Methusaleh's turn and it is still the other Methusaleh's minion
phase.

>3. Has anyone made a succesful deck based on Cairo Int'l Airport? I'm really
>stuck.

You'd definitely want to go with weenies. Someone mentioned something about
supplementing Cairo with Brainwash (Brainwash the vampires until you can burn
the blood off. Or really screw them over by burning the blood off one vampire
and Brainwashing the others).

Also note that the Airport allows ALL your minions to do the action (not just
vampires). Maybe try a modified weenie Brujah Arms Dealer deck?

Halcyan 2