Warsaw Station vs. Yawp Court

Jozxyqk

Mar 25, 2009, 8:51:45 AM3/25/09
OK, here's the situation:

I control Warsaw Station and some Nosferatu.
My prey controls Yawp Court and some untapped Sabbat vampire.

My Nosferatu announces a political action, and it is about to go to
referendum.
My prey taps Yawp Court, and the Yawping vampire sends my Nos to
torpor.

At this point, I immediately burn Warsaw Station to get my Nos out
of torpor.
Can the action continue?

If yes, does the Yawping vampire still take 2 damage?

LSJ

Mar 25, 2009, 9:06:12 AM3/25/09
Jozxyqk wrote:
> OK, here's the situation:
>
> I control Warsaw Station and some Nosferatu.
> My prey controls Yawp Court and some untapped Sabbat vampire.
>
> My Nosferatu announces a political action, and it is about to go to
> referendum.
> My prey taps Yawp Court, and the Yawping vampire sends my Nos to
> torpor.

At this point, the action ends (having no suitable acting minion).

> At this point, I immediately burn Warsaw Station to get my Nos out
> of torpor.
> Can the action continue?

No.

Jozxyqk

Mar 25, 2009, 9:15:39 AM3/25/09
LSJ <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> Jozxyqk wrote:
> > OK, here's the situation:
> >
> > I control Warsaw Station and some Nosferatu.
> > My prey controls Yawp Court and some untapped Sabbat vampire.
> >
> > My Nosferatu announces a political action, and it is about to go to
> > referendum.
> > My prey taps Yawp Court, and the Yawping vampire sends my Nos to
> > torpor.

> At this point, the action ends (having no suitable acting minion).

> > At this point, I immediately burn Warsaw Station to get my Nos out
> > of torpor.
> > Can the action continue?

> No.

But couldn't the acting minion play Freak Drive (from torpor) at this
time?

Jozxyqk

Mar 25, 2009, 9:22:05 AM3/25/09
Jozxyqk <jfeu...@eecs.tufts.edu> wrote:
> But couldn't the acting minion play Freak Drive (from torpor) at this
> time?

And the followup I should have included in the previous message:
If Yawp torporizes the acting Nosferatu, is there timing available to
burn the Warsaw, bringing the acting minion _out_ of torpor, and _then_
play Freak Drive?

LSJ

Mar 25, 2009, 9:26:56 AM3/25/09
Jozxyqk wrote:
> Jozxyqk <jfeu...@eecs.tufts.edu> wrote:
>> But couldn't the acting minion play Freak Drive (from torpor) at this
>> time?

Yes, since the action was successful.

> And the followup I should have included in the previous message:
> If Yawp torporizes the acting Nosferatu, is there timing available to
> burn the Warsaw, bringing the acting minion _out_ of torpor, and _then_
> play Freak Drive?

Sure.

That still won't get the vampire "ready at the end of combat", though.

Jozxyqk

Mar 25, 2009, 9:35:53 AM3/25/09

> Sure.

OK, one more:

This is going away from Yawp Court, so perhaps should be a different
main subject.

I control Warsaw Station.
I have a Nosferatu with an Ambulance.

My Nos performs an action that gets blocked.
The blocker sends my Nos to torpor.
Can I burn Warsaw Station, and then tap the Ambulance to continue
the action?

LSJ

Mar 25, 2009, 10:18:57 AM3/25/09
Jozxyqk wrote:
> I control Warsaw Station.
> I have a Nosferatu with an Ambulance.
>
> My Nos performs an action that gets blocked.
> The blocker sends my Nos to torpor.
> Can I burn Warsaw Station, and then tap the Ambulance to continue
> the action?

No. The (ready-minion-requiring) action continually checks the acting minion's
readiness. If that check ever fails, the action fizzles.

If Warsaw Station prevented the trip to torpor altogether, it could work. But it
gets there too late.

So if your ally with an Ambulance was acting and got blocked and got burned in
combat but your cross-table buddy played Left for Dead on the ally, the ally
could use the Ambulance to continue the action. Of course, if the action was
blocked again, burning the Ambulance would be the least of the ally's worries.

Juggernaut1981

Mar 25, 2009, 6:43:19 PM3/25/09

LSJ> An acting ready minion must remain a ready minion at all points
up until the resolution of the action for the action to be able to be
"continued". If the acting ready minion stops being ready, they also
stop being "the acting minion" and the action automatically resolves
at that point (or at the end of combat).

What about the situation with minions in torpor? Movement of the Slow
Body/Rapid Healing.

Could a minion attempt Rapid Healing to come to the ready region, be
blocked and the Warsaw Station brings them into the ready region and
they gain the blood from Rapid Healing?

Rapid Healing
Type: Action
Requires: Fortitude
+1 stealth action. Only usable by a vampire in torpor.
[for] The acting vampire leaves torpor. If the vampire is blocked,
there is no combat. If the blocking minion is a vampire who can commit
diablerie, that vampire may diablerize the acting vampire.
[FOR] As above, and the acting vampire gains 1 blood from the blood
bank.

LSJ

Mar 25, 2009, 6:56:54 PM3/25/09

No, for two reasons:

1) Rapid Healing is only usable by a vampire in torpor. A
torporous-vampire-requiring action would fizzle when the actor is not torporous
just as a ready-minion-requiring action would fizzle when the actor is not ready.

2) A blocked action doesn't get the "successful action" effect, like gaining blood.

Salem

Mar 26, 2009, 4:24:17 AM3/26/09
LSJ wrote:
> Jozxyqk wrote:
>> Jozxyqk <jfeu...@eecs.tufts.edu> wrote:
>>> But couldn't the acting minion play Freak Drive (from torpor) at this
>>> time?
>
> Yes, since the action was successful.

but there is no action. You're in torpor. from your earlier post "At
this point, the action ends (having no suitable acting minion). ".

if there's no acting minion, there's no one to play Freak Drive, right?

or does it move into an 'endING' state upon torporising, thus leaving
you open to playing cards that are played at the end of an action?

--
salem
(replace 'hotmail' with 'gmail' to email)

LSJ

Mar 26, 2009, 6:19:07 AM3/26/09

This.