[LSJ] Lunatic Eruption question

20 views
Skip to first unread message

Ben Peal

unread,
Aug 10, 2001, 12:58:24 PM8/10/01
to
If a minion with Lunatic Eruption played on it has no legal targets,
is it forced to do nothing that turn, or is it free to act as it
wishes?

I've ruled in the past that the minion is free to do as it wishes.
As much as the cases of Lunatic Eruption and hunting are similar,
the rules for compulsory hunting are specific to hunting and not a
generalized rule, and Lunatic Eruption makes no statement about
being unable to act if the attack action cannot be performed.

However, this doesn't sit right with me and my players (and my players
keep bugging me about it), so I figured I'd ask.


- Ben Peal, Prince of Boston
fu...@mindstorm.com

LSJ

unread,
Aug 10, 2001, 1:57:55 PM8/10/01
to
Ben Peal wrote:
>
> If a minion with Lunatic Eruption played on it has no legal targets,
> is it forced to do nothing that turn, or is it free to act as it
> wishes?

Must do X and cannot do X => do nothing.

--
LSJ (vte...@white-wolf.com) V:TES Net.Rep for White Wolf, Inc.
Links to revised rulebook, rulings, errata, and tournament rules:
http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Mike Ooi

unread,
Aug 11, 2001, 3:41:29 AM8/11/01
to

"LSJ" <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message
news:3B7420A3...@white-wolf.com...

> Ben Peal wrote:
> >
> > If a minion with Lunatic Eruption played on it has no legal targets,
> > is it forced to do nothing that turn, or is it free to act as it
> > wishes?
>
> Must do X and cannot do X => do nothing.

Were that this were so with taxes:

Must pay taxes and cannot pay taxes => do not pay taxes.

Mike Ooi


Frederick Scott

unread,
Aug 11, 2001, 4:35:54 AM8/11/01
to

It is. You just have it transcribed wrong.

Must pay taxes and cannot pay taxes => go to jail...therefore, do nothing.

:-P

Fred

Noal McDonald

unread,
Aug 11, 2001, 11:27:46 AM8/11/01
to
>>> "LSJ" <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message
>>> Must do X and cannot do X => do nothing.
>>
>> Mike Ooi wrote:
>> Were that this were so with taxes:
>> Must pay taxes and cannot pay taxes => do not pay taxes.
>
> Frederick Scott wrote:
> It is. You just have it transcribed wrong.
> Must pay taxes and cannot pay taxes => go to jail...therefore, do nothing.
> :-P

As one who owed over $2700 in federal taxes this year because of my
employer had mistakenly withdrawn all my taxes at Married, 1 dependent
instead of Single, 1 dependent, I'm aware that this isn't quite right
either. So...

Must pay taxes and cannot pay taxes => pay what taxes you can, make
payments to IRS, change withdrawal rate to Single, 0 dependents to pay
back as quickly as possible => sit at home, broke as a 3 legged
chair...therefore do nothing.

Let this be a lesson to everyone, thoroughly go over your pay stub and
verify that your employer is taking out enough taxes.

Regards,
Noal

Chris Shorb

unread,
Aug 13, 2001, 11:52:31 PM8/13/01
to


I actually read this as

Must pay X and cannot pay X => pay nothing.

Good for getting into Texan games, or nightclubs, or really whatever.

--
chris shorb
<www.vtesinla.org> (A V:TES site in development)
prince of torrance, california
Ultimate Disc - Hockey - Vampire the Eternal Struggle
Ebay page <http://members.ebay.com/aboutme/vtessingles/>

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages