[LSJ] questions : bloodform + blood of acid

Arpeges

Jun 10, 2002, 1:02:50 PM6/10/02
Blood of acid (Vic, 2 blood)
inf : Only usable at close range before strikes are chosen. During strike
resolution, the opposing minion takes an amount of damage equal to the
damage he or she successfully inflicts.
sup: as above, but the damage is aggravated.

Bloodform (Vic)
sup : Play before range is chosen. This vampire is immune to non-aggravated
damage for the current round. This vampire cannot strike this round. This
vampire gets an optional press, usable only to end combat.

During a combat, Tzimisce A plays before range : bloodform and after range,
blood of acid. The opposing minion (B) strikes for 4 non-aggravated damage.
Minion A doesn't strike, as he played bloodform at superior.

1st question : Is the damage inflicted by minion B considered successfully
inflicted despite the Bloodform ? and btw, does he take the same amount of
damage from blood of acid ?

I guess yes, because the damage is not prevented. Minion A is just immune to
the damage he received, which is different. But I need your help to certify
!

2nd question : assuming that minion B suffers from Blood of Acid (wether or
not there was a bloodform), is the damage environmental ? Can minion B
prevent these damage ? Which source is it considered to be ?

Thanks in advance

Arpeges

LSJ

Jun 10, 2002, 1:12:33 PM6/10/02
Arpeges wrote:

> Blood of acid (Vic, 2 blood)
> inf : Only usable at close range before strikes are chosen. During strike
> resolution, the opposing minion takes an amount of damage equal to the
> damage he or she successfully inflicts.
> sup: as above, but the damage is aggravated.
>
> Bloodform (Vic)
> sup : Play before range is chosen. This vampire is immune to non-aggravated
> damage for the current round. This vampire cannot strike this round. This
> vampire gets an optional press, usable only to end combat.
>
> During a combat, Tzimisce A plays before range : bloodform and after range,
> blood of acid. The opposing minion (B) strikes for 4 non-aggravated damage.
> Minion A doesn't strike, as he played bloodform at superior.
>
> 1st question : Is the damage inflicted by minion B considered successfully
> inflicted despite the Bloodform ? and btw, does he take the same amount of
> damage from blood of acid ?

Yes. Yes.

> I guess yes, because the damage is not prevented. Minion A is just immune to
> the damage he received, which is different. But I need your help to certify
> !

Correct.

> 2nd question : assuming that minion B suffers from Blood of Acid (wether or
> not there was a bloodform), is the damage environmental ? Can minion B
> prevent these damage ? Which source is it considered to be ?

Yes. Yes. Environmental.

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/

Chris Berger

Jun 10, 2002, 6:27:13 PM6/10/02

"LSJ" <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message

> Arpeges wrote:
> >
> > Bloodform (Vic)
> > sup : Play before range is chosen. This vampire is immune to non-aggravated
> > damage for the current round. This vampire cannot strike this round. This
> > vampire gets an optional press, usable only to end combat.
> >
> > During a combat, Tzimisce A plays before range : bloodform and after range,
> > blood of acid. The opposing minion (B) strikes for 4 non-aggravated damage.
> > Minion A doesn't strike, as he played bloodform at superior.
> >
> > 1st question : Is the damage inflicted by minion B considered successfully
> > inflicted despite the Bloodform ? and btw, does he take the same amount of
> > damage from blood of acid ?
>
> Yes. Yes.

How is this different from Ex Nihilo, re LSJ 10/29/2001:

> > If a vampire with Ex Nihilio takes non-aggravated damage, is that
> > damage considered "successfully inflicted" for the purpose of cards
> > such as Masochism and Disarm? Is a vampire with Ex Nihilio immune to
> > unpreventable non-aggravated damage as well?
>
> No. Yes.

LSJ

Jun 11, 2002, 8:11:04 AM6/11/02

Well, it's completely contradictory, for starters. But I suspect you already
knew that part. :-)

[LSJ 10/29/2001] is correct. My previous post above re: Bloodform and
Blood of Acid is not correct.

Damage inflicted on a minion (or retainer) who is immune to that damage is
not considered to be successfully inflicted.

Thanks for the catch, Chris.

tetragrammaton

Jun 12, 2002, 10:22:30 AM6/12/02

"LSJ" <vte...@white-wolf.com> ha scritto nel messaggio

Btw, the zero-reduced-damage by a memoried of mortality vampire against an
ally
is considered to have been "succesfully inflicted" ?

thanks in advance

Emiliano, v:ekn prince of Rome

LSJ

Jun 12, 2002, 10:31:31 AM6/12/02

It's 0 points, so it isn't inflicted at all (neither successfully nor
unsuccessfully). The question of "successfully inflicted" only applies
to points of damage. No points => no question.

Chris Berger

Jun 12, 2002, 11:58:15 AM6/12/02

"LSJ" <vte...@white-wolf.com> wrote in message
> Chris Berger wrote:
> >
> > > {snip - damage dealt to an immune considered successful}

> > How is this different from Ex Nihilo, re LSJ 10/29/2001:
> >
> Well, it's completely contradictory, for starters. But I suspect you already
> knew that part. :-)

Well, I suspected as much. But I also considered that I might be misreading
one or the other.

> [LSJ 10/29/2001] is correct. My previous post above re: Bloodform and
> Blood of Acid is not correct.
>
> Damage inflicted on a minion (or retainer) who is immune to that damage is
> not considered to be successfully inflicted.
>
> Thanks for the catch, Chris.

Cool, I feel a little better now. I was thinking that I was really, *really*
gonna hate the Bloodform/Blood of Acid combo.

Although, that gets me thinking about a King of the Mountain/Drawing Out the
Beast combo. Too bad DOtB is 1/combat now. ;)