A couple of questions about Advanced vampires

Sacha

Apr 18, 2003, 12:22:09 PM4/18/03
1. Does the merged Vampire take it's sect from the base vampire or the
new advanced vampire? I assume that it's from the advanced version,
but the description states that the new vampire uses the special
abillities of both vamps. While sect isn't a special abillity it
doesn't immediatly appear to specify.

2. What happens if the vampires are influenced in the reverse order?
Advanced vampire than say old school Lucita? I assume you would be
able to do the 4 transfers and one pool to influence the old school
copy into play?

3. In the case of Jeremy Mcneil and the not yet released Lucita it
appears the both only gain the benifits of their titles if the cards
are merged. Is this correct?

4. The blood cost of influencing the advanced version is a cost and
not an additional influence. Ie: the new copie of Jeremy would be at 7
blood not 8 if both copies were influenced right away?

So far it looks prety cool. The advanced mechanic doesn't appear to be
half as differcult as we were speculating.

Pc.

LSJ

Apr 18, 2003, 12:52:52 PM4/18/03
Sacha wrote:
> 1. Does the merged Vampire take it's sect from the base vampire or the
> new advanced vampire? I assume that it's from the advanced version,
> but the description states that the new vampire uses the special
> abillities of both vamps. While sect isn't a special abillity it
> doesn't immediatly appear to specify.

Correct.

> 2. What happens if the vampires are influenced in the reverse order?
> Advanced vampire than say old school Lucita? I assume you would be
> able to do the 4 transfers and one pool to influence the old school
> copy into play?

Yes, per preview text.

> 3. In the case of Jeremy Mcneil and the not yet released Lucita it
> appears the both only gain the benifits of their titles if the cards
> are merged. Is this correct?

Yes, per preview text.

> 4. The blood cost of influencing the advanced version is a cost and
> not an additional influence. Ie: the new copie of Jeremy would be at 7
> blood not 8 if both copies were influenced right away?

The merged vampire has the same amount of blood that the vampire had
before the merge. Any blood on the uncontrolled vampire prior to the
merge is lost (returned to the blood bank).

http://www.white-wolf.com/vtes/