(LSJ) The Final Loosening?

Peter D Bakija

Jan 21, 2010, 8:11:18 AM1/21/10
At auspex, The Final Loosening cancels an acting minion gaining blood,
and instead the reacting vampire and the acting vampire each gain 1
blood. Under what non obvious (i.e. you clearly can use this during an
action that gains you blood, like Restoration or Abactor)
circumstances can this be used?

A) If someone plays Giant's Blood in the master phase, can Final
Loosening be used?

B) If someone plays Taste of Vitae during combat, can Final Looseing
be used? (Never mind. The answer is "No". You can't play reaction
cards in combat.)

C) If someone plays Voter Cap after a successful referendum, can Final
Looseing be used? And if so, can the acting player gain pool? (Never
mind. The answer is yes, but the acting player can still gain 2 pool
and the acting vampire gains 1, assuming at least 3 votes winning. So
wait to hear what your opponent does with the Voter Cap before playing
Final Loosening,)

Right, so really, the only unanswer question (after I thought to go
look up the answers...) is if you can play Final Loosening on Giant's
Blood or not. Which I'm unsure about. As I don't think you can play
reaction cards during a master card play. Except for the ones that you
can.

Thanks!
-Peter

LSJ

Jan 21, 2010, 8:24:20 AM1/21/10
On Jan 21, 8:11 am, Peter D Bakija <p...@lightlink.com> wrote:
> At auspex, The Final Loosening cancels an acting minion gaining blood,
> and instead the reacting vampire and the acting vampire each gain 1
> blood. Under what non obvious (i.e. you clearly can use this during an
> action that gains you blood, like Restoration or Abactor)
> circumstances can this be used?
>
> A) If someone plays Giant's Blood in the master phase, can Final
> Loosening be used?

No. It is a reaction card.

> B) If someone plays Taste of Vitae during combat, can Final Looseing
> be used? (Never mind. The answer is "No". You can't play reaction
> cards in combat.)

Correct.

> C) If someone plays Voter Cap after a successful referendum, can Final
> Looseing be used? And if so, can the acting player gain pool? (Never
> mind. The answer is yes, but the acting player can still gain 2 pool
> and the acting vampire gains 1, assuming at least 3 votes winning. So
> wait to hear what your opponent does with the Voter Cap before playing
> Final Loosening,)

Correct.

> Right, so really, the only unanswer question (after I thought to go
> look up the answers...) is if you can play Final Loosening on Giant's
> Blood or not. Which I'm unsure about. As I don't think you can play
> reaction cards during a master card play. Except for the ones that you
> can.

"Reaction cards: A ready untapped minion can play a reaction card in
response to an action taken by another Methuselah's minion" [1.6.3.6]

adam....@gmail.com

Jan 21, 2010, 9:50:31 AM1/21/10

Umm... so is Rewind Time... (I know it has specific card text, but I
figured I would put that out there.

Jarkko Suvela

Jan 21, 2010, 10:54:26 AM1/21/10
On 21 tammi, 15:24, LSJ <vtes...@white-wolf.com> wrote:
> On Jan 21, 8:11 am, Peter D Bakija <p...@lightlink.com> wrote:

> > B) If someone plays Taste of Vitae during combat, can Final Looseing
> > be used? (Never mind. The answer is "No". You can't play reaction
> > cards in combat.)
>
> Correct.

And if your minion is not in the combat, can Final loosening be
played? (outside of combat that is)

Example,
A. Bum's rushes B's minion
B plays Taste of Vitae and A plays Theft of Vitae
C. Plays Final Loosening (just has to decide whether to play it on
resolution step (theft) or end of round (taste) step.

LSJ

Jan 21, 2010, 10:58:13 AM1/21/10

The answer is "No". You can't play reaction cards in combat*.

* unless card text says otherwise.

librarian

Jan 21, 2010, 2:11:27 PM1/21/10
Peter D Bakija wrote:
> At auspex, The Final Loosening cancels an acting minion gaining blood,
> and instead the reacting vampire and the acting vampire each gain 1
> blood. Under what non obvious (i.e. you clearly can use this during an
> action that gains you blood, like Restoration or Abactor)
> circumstances can this be used?
>
> A) If someone plays Giant's Blood in the master phase, can Final
> Loosening be used?

Card text of FL seems clear - "play when an acting vampire".
There is no acting vampire when Giant's Blood is played.
I don't think we even need to go to the rules to see the
rule about no reactions played during master phase - the
card text itself seems very clear.

best -

chris

Final Loosening
[Reaction] Reaction
[Auspex] Auspex
[Dementation] Dementation
[Fortitude] Fortitude
Requires an anarch.
[aus] Play when the acting vampire would gain 1 or more
blood. The acting vampire and this reacting anarch each gain
1 blood instead.
[dem] Gain 4 votes.
[for] Only usable when an ally is acting. The action fails
and the ally takes 1 damage. Tap this reacting anarch.

Juggernaut1981

Jan 21, 2010, 4:21:35 PM1/21/10

Yeah, Final Loosening = The New DI for Awe + VC.
Let them Awe the vote through, then Final Loosening with the VC...
comedy gold...

Peter D Bakija

Jan 21, 2010, 4:38:02 PM1/21/10
On Jan 21, 2:11 pm, librarian <aucti...@superfuncards.com> wrote:
> Card text of FL seems clear - "play when an acting vampire".
>   There is no acting vampire when Giant's Blood is played.

Ah, yes. Duh. Teach me to ask questions when I don't have the card in
front of me.

Shorb FTW!

-Peter