LSJ Khazar's Diary and Breath of Thanatos

librarian

Dec 11, 2007, 12:08:52 PM12/11/07
Hello -

Probably pretty self-explanatory:

You can't use Breath of Thanatos to get the +2 stealth when doing the
Khazar action to get a wraith, because it's not a "employ/recruit wraith
action" but a different type of action, correct?

Relevant text (copied from WW site):

Khazar's Diary (Endless Night) [LotN:C]
Cardtype: Action
Clan: Giovanni
+1 stealth action.
Put the Diary in play, or add a counter to one in play. When a unique
minion in play is burned, add another counter. While this card has seven
or more counters, Giovanni get [NEC] and may take a +1 stealth action to
put a minion from any ash heap into play to represent a wraith ally with
2 life, 0 strength, 1 bleed and +1 stealth.
Artist: John Bridges

Breath of Thanatos [KMW:C]
Cardtype: Action Modifier / Combat
Cost: 1 blood
Discipline: Necromancy
[nec] +2 stealth. Only usable on an action to employ or to recruit a wraith.
[NEC] Strike: 1 aggravated damage.
Artist: Lawrence Snelly

best -

chris

--
Super Fun Cards
http://stores.ebay.com/superfuncards/

librarian

Dec 11, 2007, 12:11:17 PM12/11/07
librarian wrote:
> Hello -
>
> Probably pretty self-explanatory:
>
> You can't use Breath of Thanatos to get the +2 stealth when doing the
> Khazar action to get a wraith, because it's not a "employ/recruit wraith
> action" but a different type of action, correct?

I assume Shroud Master wouldn't give a benefit either at NEC?

> Relevant text (copied from WW site):
>
> Khazar's Diary (Endless Night) [LotN:C]
> Cardtype: Action
> Clan: Giovanni
> +1 stealth action.
> Put the Diary in play, or add a counter to one in play. When a unique
> minion in play is burned, add another counter. While this card has seven
> or more counters, Giovanni get [NEC] and may take a +1 stealth action to
> put a minion from any ash heap into play to represent a wraith ally with
> 2 life, 0 strength, 1 bleed and +1 stealth.
> Artist: John Bridges
>
> Breath of Thanatos [KMW:C]
> Cardtype: Action Modifier / Combat
> Cost: 1 blood
> Discipline: Necromancy
> [nec] +2 stealth. Only usable on an action to employ or to recruit a
> wraith.
> [NEC] Strike: 1 aggravated damage.
> Artist: Lawrence Snelly

Shroud Mastery [FN:R2]
Cardtype: Action Modifier
Discipline: Necromancy
[nec] Usable by a ready vampire when a wraith ally you control is
acting. The acting wraith gets +1 stealth.
[NEC] Only usable when an action to recruit or employ a wraith is
announced. Untap this acting vampire if the action is successful.
Artist: Richard Thomas

LSJ

Dec 11, 2007, 12:46:43 PM12/11/07
librarian wrote:
> librarian wrote:
>> Hello -
>>
>> Probably pretty self-explanatory:

Correct. Card text.

>> You can't use Breath of Thanatos to get the +2 stealth when doing the
>> Khazar action to get a wraith, because it's not a "employ/recruit
>> wraith action" but a different type of action, correct?

It is not a recruit action, correct.

> I assume Shroud Master wouldn't give a benefit either at NEC?

Correct.