Google Grupper har inte längre stöd för nya Usenet-inlägg eller -prenumerationer. Historiskt innehåll förblir synligt.

lvl 19 barbarian quest

19 visningar

Praetor Mandrake

oläst,
15 juni 2022 20:20:142022-06-15
till
Went in to see how Corbin would handle this. He got overwhelmed
in the Lair of Thoth Amon on top of the stairway up. Not sure what
was holding him because the message just said that he died while
on the quest. It says in the wiki that the trolls and ogres start to get
some fancy wands along the way. Next time I'll do half of it then
knock over the castle and come back. I think lvl 19 is the highest
level I've ever had a character at. Notably the trolls were becoming
worse as he got deeper, and instead of hoping they'd stay dead
he had to start eating them. A tinner would be handy.

Janis Papanagnou

oläst,
15 juni 2022 21:15:282022-06-15
till
Lately I tend to genocide them (the trolls) because of the tougher
ones you meet there. It's not that at that stage you couldn't handle
them in melee, but they are annoying, get in your way of the task you
have, and distract you from events/messages you may want to get aware
of and miss. A tinning kit (if you have one) is probably the second
best decision. With gloves, another option is stoning the critters;
having levitation is handy in that case (to not fall into traps) or
have a lot of discipline WRT meleeing and moving.

WRT the wands question; having reflection and magic resistance would
prevent your barbarian from suffering from the worst wand attacks.

Janis

Praetor Mandrake

oläst,
16 juni 2022 21:38:192022-06-16
till
He had reflection, but I didn't think to get magic resistance for him. There
was an amulet of reflection in Sokoban.
0 nya meddelanden