[ndnh] Artifact glowing black when sacrificing?

Janis Papanagnou

Oct 8, 2023, 6:39:58 PM10/8/23
In my notDNethack game I came across a strange situation where I
sacrificed on my co-aligned altar a rothe corpse and my wielded
artifact weapon turned black, i.e. got cursed. This is especially
strange since I was also wearing an amulet versus curses. My next
sacrifice was again okay. - What can have happened here?

Janis

Ron Nazarov

Oct 18, 2023, 7:34:46 AM10/18/23
Are you a vampire? Vampires are holy-haters and don't like touching
blessed items. They are also weldproof, meaning they can remove cursed
items and are not affected by some things such as cursed projectiles
slipping. Instead of blessing equipment, gods will curse it for
holy-haters.

Janis Papanagnou

Oct 18, 2023, 7:44:38 AM10/18/23
I'm quite sure that I was not a vampire (since I immediately #quit
games where the random choice selects such a race for me).

Janis