Random funny moments.

11 views
Skip to first unread message

Rob Ellwood

unread,
Mar 26, 2002, 12:49:14 AM3/26/02
to

Runner-up for the rhetorical question of the month
award: "<shopkeeper> offers you 50 zorkmids for your elven
cloak. Sell it?"

Winner of the rhetorical question of the month award:
"Are you sure you want to attack the air elemental?"


I carefully got the mind flayer positioned at the far
end of a corridor, and started throwing daggers at him when
he came within range. Ha! Flay my brains from THIS distance,
wise guy!

He zapped a wand of death at me.


"Take THAT! And THAT! And THAT!" roared my
enraged tourist, slashing madly at the newt with his tin
opener.


Twoflowers, the Tourist quest leader: "You must
hurry, Ra Harr!" "You bet," I muttered as I walked out,
burdened by dozens of shopping bags.


I was testing a new level. Shortly after I went in,
three orcs were generated...

...right inside a locked prison cell.


(Vaguely spoily-ish explanations: +4 cloak | some
air elementals are peaceful towards neutrals | use ESP to
track its location & move around to attract it to a killing
ground | tourists with tin openers start off wielding them
(IIRC) | the tourist quest has superb shopping | who says
the justice system doesn't work?)

--
Rob Ellwood

John Hansen

unread,
Mar 29, 2002, 3:10:25 AM3/29/02
to
"Rob Ellwood" opened Pandora's Box (cleverly disguised as Random funny moments.)
on Tue, 26 Mar 2002 05:49:14 GMT...

>
> Runner-up for the rhetorical question of the month
>award: "<shopkeeper> offers you 50 zorkmids for your elven
>cloak. Sell it?"
>
> Winner of the rhetorical question of the month award:
>"Are you sure you want to attack the air elemental?"
>
>
> I carefully got the mind flayer positioned at the far
>end of a corridor, and started throwing daggers at him when
>he came within range. Ha! Flay my brains from THIS distance,
>wise guy!
>
> He zapped a wand of death at me.

The Random Number God at work again, I see.

> "Take THAT! And THAT! And THAT!" roared my
>enraged tourist, slashing madly at the newt with his tin
>opener.

Swing-Away: Guaranteed to open any tin... or kill any newt.

You know, I think that there should be an tin opener artifact named Swing-Away.
Maybe it would grant illness resistance or something. (Wonderful to have in case
of Pestilence, eh?)

> Twoflowers, the Tourist quest leader: "You must
>hurry, Ra Harr!" "You bet," I muttered as I walked out,
>burdened by dozens of shopping bags.

LOL.

> I was testing a new level. Shortly after I went in,
>three orcs were generated...
>
> ...right inside a locked prison cell.

ROTFL. You didn't happen to be playing an Elf, did you?

--
Remove socks when replying by E-mail

Reply all
Reply to author
Forward
0 new messages