Dipping heavy items in holy water as a giant?

Janis Papanagnou

Aug 23, 2021, 12:44:37 PM8/23/21
Has anyone tried whether it is possible to dip heavy items in
holy water while being self-polymorphed in giant form?
My problem is a bag of holding from a bones heap with a weight
of nearly 5000 units and no wand of cancellation available yet.

Janis

Janis Papanagnou

Aug 28, 2021, 11:53:40 AM8/28/21
I had tested it in that (Slashem) game; became a storm giant and
tried to lift that bag. But it was *not* possible to pick it up.

Janis

Pat Rankin

Aug 28, 2021, 6:48:06 PM8/28/21
On Saturday, August 28, 2021 at 8:53:40 AM UTC-7, Janis wrote:
> I had tested it in that (Slashem) game; became a storm giant and
> tried to lift that bag. But it was *not* possible to pick it up.

Boulders are weightless for giants, including for hero poly'd into
giant form. Other than that, they have the same encumbrance
limits as anyone else.

I think monster nymphs have unlimited carrying capacity; I'm not
sure about gelatinous cubes. Hero poly'd into nymph form has
maximum carrying capacity regardless of strength and constitution
but not unlimited capacity. Being poly'd into g.cube form doesn't
convey any special carrying capability.

Janis Papanagnou

Aug 28, 2021, 9:40:37 PM8/28/21
On 29.08.2021 00:48, Pat Rankin wrote:
> On Saturday, August 28, 2021 at 8:53:40 AM UTC-7, Janis wrote:
>> I had tested it in that (Slashem) game; became a storm giant and
>> tried to lift that bag. But it was *not* possible to pick it up.
>
> Boulders are weightless for giants, including for hero poly'd into
> giant form. Other than that, they have the same encumbrance
> limits as anyone else.

You mean some formula calculated from strength and other parameters,
so that a giant may have a carrying capacity of just 1000, or maybe,
say, 2000 (but clearly not the 5000 necessary for the bag)?

Janis

Pat Rankin

Aug 30, 2021, 12:20:00 PM8/30/21
On Saturday, August 28, 2021 at 6:40:37 PM UTC-7, Janis wrote:
> You mean some formula calculated from strength and other parameters,
> so that a giant may have a carrying capacity of just 1000, or maybe,
> say, 2000 (but clearly not the 5000 necessary for the bag)?

The carrying capacity when poly'd into a giant is exactly the same
as for an unpoly'd hero with 18/** strength, with the exception that
boulders weigh 0.