[slashem] Three water demons on level 1

Janis Papanagnou

Mar 28, 2022, 1:57:00 PM3/28/22
My previous Slashem game got boring without having found any bag
of holding or getting any wishes. Somewhere around dlvl:17 he got
killed from eating rotten food; the unicorn horn was unenchanted
and thus required too many turns, myself being quite overloaded
and forgot to drop items before trying the unicorn horn. Anyway,
new game...

A couple of fountains on dungeon level 1, I cleared some scrolls
and dipped a spare projectile for a wish - wanted a bag from the
beginning. A few tries later a hostile water demon appeared. With
only maxHP:10 I decided to scare him with Elbereth. The continued
dipping at the same fountain, and another water demon appeared and
provided a wish: the Wallet of Perseus. Continued the procedure at
the same fountain and a third water demon appeared; so I wished for
and got the +3 GDSM, and without thinking I put it on. Alas, that
required a few turns and meanwhile the first water demon came back.
DYWYPI? - Doh! What a stupid inattentive move after that lucky start.

Janis