[ndnh] Shouldn't a killed leprechaun leave the stolen gold?

Janis Papanagnou

Oct 8, 2023, 11:12:12 AM10/8/23
In a notDNethack game (my character has a passive cold attack)...

"You hit the leprechaun! The leprechaun hits!"
"Your purse feels lighter. You kill it!"

But there's neither a corpse nor my gold left.
Shouldn't a killed leprechaun leave at least the stolen gold?

Janis

Ron Nazarov

Oct 18, 2023, 7:38:19 AM10/18/23
"You kill it!" means that you killed an unseen monster and leprechauns
teleport after their gold-stealing attack, so there are 2 possibilities:
1. You killed the leprechaun with your passive cold attack after it
teleported, meaning the stolen gold is somewhere on the level. This
may be a bug (passive attacks triggering after teleportation).
2. You didn't kill the leprechaun, you killed another unseen monster.

Janis Papanagnou

Oct 18, 2023, 7:52:33 AM10/18/23
I think case 2 may not be possible given the above quoted sequence of
messages; it seems to have clearly happened in the monster's turn.
So I suppose it's more like case 1. So maybe a time sequence bug, as
you suggest. (Or there's no drop of gold in case of passive attacks?)

Janis