Cloak of Magic Resistance

y2kate

Mar 24, 2021, 11:23:27 PM3/24/21
A nymph stole my cloak of MR and polymorph wand. At one point she
equipped my cloak and then zapped herself with the wand, destroying the
former in the process. What would be the best/quickest way to replace
it?

Janis Papanagnou

Mar 24, 2021, 11:55:01 PM3/24/21
Actually it's the same problem that you have when looking for magic
resistance when not playing wizards. It's difficult to get it. I'd
try two things. First (where I assume you killed the nymph and got
back your wand) I'd try to polypile magic armor. Though it will be
difficult to get sufficient amounts of magic armor, elven cloaks
might be the easiest to obtain. Another option is to get MR from
other sources. The approach I usually take is to reverse genocide
gray dragons to create gray dragon scales. If you're playing a
wizard you might also want to sacrifice for Magicbane as a source
of MR.

Janis

Janis Papanagnou

Mar 24, 2021, 11:57:12 PM3/24/21
And fountain dipping for a wish might be an option.

Janis

Katherine

Mar 29, 2021, 4:37:18 AM3/29/21
On Wed 24 Mar 2021 10:57:10pm CST, Janis Papanagnou wrote:

> On 25.03.2021 04:54, Janis Papanagnou wrote:

>> I'd try to polypile magic armor. Though it will be
>> difficult to get sufficient amounts of magic armor, elven cloaks
>> might be the easiest to obtain. Another option is to get MR from
>> other sources. The approach I usually take is to reverse genocide
>> gray dragons to create gray dragon scales. If you're playing a
>> wizard you might also want to sacrifice for Magicbane as a source
>> of MR.

> And fountain dipping for a wish might be an option.

I died shortly after : (
But I'll keep this in mind for later runs, thanks!