Original Pascal Moria 5.01 port to modern compilers

Daniel England

Mar 28, 2015, 5:38:06 PM3/28/15
Hey guys!

Well, a couple of years ago, I set out to port the original Pascal Moria (the last/latest I could find) to modern platforms/compilers.

I succeeded in that goal and then embarked on a general update project where I added colour, fixed some bugs and made some simple improvements.

I completed that too so I set about fixing issues with the game in terms of what is expected in the modern day.

That project is still in progress but I have made important inroads to its completion.

For example, the inventory and stores systems have been completely overhauled such that the inventory functions more intuitively, is expanded so that carry weight is the only real limitation and the stores behave consistently with it.

There is still lots I'd like to do, some things I have started and others I haven't. However, I'm now publishing the work to GitHub so anyone may contribute.

I have named the project MoriaOP (Moria Original Pascal) and you can find it, like I mentioned, on GitHub.

If you're interested in preserving Moria in the Pascal language, I would invite you to take a look and participate!

I hope you enjoy it!

Daniel.