Checking in

jerk-o

Aug 27, 2014, 9:55:41 PM8/27/14
I saw this group in my list of subscribed newsgroups and started wondering if
anybody still checks this group.
--
no, i didn't forget the 'F's
www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xCFoJ0aywc

Aulë

Aug 28, 2014, 2:42:22 AM8/28/14
On 8/27/2014 9:55 PM, jerk-o wrote:
> I saw this group in my list of subscribed newsgroups and started wondering if
> anybody still checks this group.

LOL, imagine that. I haven't seen a post here in two years, and now
here you are from the D2 group. Didn't know you were into Moria, too.

Jonathan Ellis

Aug 28, 2014, 1:50:21 PM8/28/14

"Aul�" <aule...@gmail.com> wrote in message
Nobody here but us balrogs...

-- JLE

jerk-o

Aug 28, 2014, 6:36:55 PM8/28/14
On Thu, 28 Aug 2014 02:42:22 -0400, Aul� <aule...@gmail.com> wrote
I played it a lot back in the day, and I occasionally load it up in dosbox and
have some fun running around.

Aulë

Aug 29, 2014, 3:23:26 AM8/29/14
On 8/28/2014 6:36 PM, jerk-o wrote:
> On Thu, 28 Aug 2014 02:42:22 -0400, Aul� <aule...@gmail.com> wrote
>> On 8/27/2014 9:55 PM, jerk-o wrote:
>>> I saw this group in my list of subscribed newsgroups and started wondering if
>>> anybody still checks this group.
>>
>> LOL, imagine that. I haven't seen a post here in two years, and now
>> here you are from the D2 group. Didn't know you were into Moria, too.
>
> I played it a lot back in the day, and I occasionally load it up in dosbox and
> have some fun running around.

If you like Moria, you should try Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup at
crawl.akrasiac.org

Total addiction, esp the tiles version. Fairly elegant game mechanics
for a turn-based game. Available local or online, console or graphical.
Under current and active development. 0.15 is the latest stable version.

Anyway, that's what I've been up to. :)

Aulë

Aug 29, 2014, 3:24:20 AM8/29/14
:)

mewpo...@hotmail.com

Nov 22, 2014, 9:52:22 PM11/22/14
Eek, sorry I kind of got lost in a whole lot of other stuff.

I'm not sure if anyone remembers but I have done a port of the original 5.01 Moria to FPC/Delphi for compilation on modern platforms (Mac, Linux/Unix, Windows etc, etc).

I will make another thread with more details.

Daniel.

davew...@gmail.com

Dec 30, 2014, 11:50:46 AM12/30/14
Checking it now because I just loaded UMoria into DOSBox to give it a spin. It's the first DOS game I managed to get working on my Chromebook - I am very much a noob when it comes to these emulators.

So far so good except for one little hiccup: with the default Rogue keybindings I can't use ctrl+h to tunnel left. (Tunneling in any other direction works fine.) Got any idea how to fix this?

jerk-o

Feb 17, 2015, 6:13:00 PM2/17/15
On Tue, 30 Dec 2014 08:50:46 -0800 (PST), davew...@gmail.com wrote
Pressing ? should tell you.