Plato moria, Deathmaze 5000

Skip to the first unread message

Craig Groeschel

31 May 2004, 10:54:0131/05/2004
Just wondering if any of the old-timers out there remember playing
moria on the CDC Plato system, and if (hope springs eternal) the
sources are available.

Plato was a timesharing system I used in elementary school in
the late seventies. It had monochrome graphics. Several dungeon
adventure games were available, at least one of which was multiplayer
and had first-person single point perspective graphics. I also
remember regular bird's-eye view version(s).

(Plato also had a multiplayer space war game, empire/0empire,
which lives on today as "conquest".)

And while I'm asking, does anyone know the solution to Deathmaze 5000
by Med Systems Software? (Invert and telephone!)

Marc Dashevsky

31 May 2004, 12:16:1831/05/2004
In article <-5CdnRpPCOa...@texas.net>, cr...@rivero.plato.nostalgia.nospam.com
says...

> Just wondering if any of the old-timers out there remember playing
> moria on the CDC Plato system, and if (hope springs eternal) the
> sources are available.

I just did a google search for "plato moria" and got some
hits. There's one that mentions a Plato reunion in 1997,
so there may still be some remnants of the community out there.

--
Go to http://MarcDashevsky.com to send me e-mail.

brainsboy

9 Nov 2004, 11:19:5709/11/2004

YES I Remember it, I loved that game, my name was Achilles on it, I also
played Avatar, Empire, and Dry gulch

DS

1 Jan 2018, 18:14:3301/01/2018
On Tuesday, November 9, 2004 at 11:19:57 AM UTC-5, brainsboy wrote:
> YES I Remember it, I loved that game, my name was Achilles on it, I also
> played Avatar, Empire, and Dry gulch

These are all available via cyber1, a PLATO emulator. They've never found the source to dry gulch, but Avatar (zavatar is there version we played), empire (or 0empire), and tons more are on there. Also, Brian Dear just wrote a book on PLATO, which was a great read.

ston...@gmail.com

1 Jan 2018, 18:15:1401/01/2018
Should have mentioned that cyber1 is at cyber1.org. You can just request a login and you'll be on soon.