problem running Moria in Vista

kaleto

Feb 13, 2010, 5:50:43 PM2/13/10
I'm attempting to run umoria 5.5.2 on a Vista Home Premium 64-bit computer
and get an error message saying it's "not compatible with the version of
Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see
whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program."

I changed the properties of umoria.exe to run in compatibility mode for
Windows 95 and run as an administrator, but without luck.

Any idea how to get it running on this 64-bit machine, or am I "S.O.L."?

Slor

Feb 16, 2010, 12:45:45 PM2/16/10
Despite all prevention efforts, "kaleto" <no_...@nowhere.net> wrote in

It's not going to run in 64-bit. I have a 32-bit build of 5.5.2 that I did
last year (both console and windowed versions) that I sent to a very
limited number of folks for feedback. If you're desperately in need of a
PC Moria fix, drop me a line and and I'll let you give it a run.

Reverse each segment of my public email address to reach me.

--
James
http://www.e-host-direct.com

Slor

Feb 16, 2010, 12:47:10 PM2/16/10
Despite all prevention efforts, Slor <se...@rols.ten> wrote in

> Despite all prevention efforts, "kaleto" <no_...@nowhere.net> wrote in
>
>> I'm attempting to run umoria 5.5.2 on a Vista Home Premium 64-bit
>> computer and get an error message saying it's "not compatible with
>> the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system
>> information to see whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit)
>> version of the program."
>>
>> I changed the properties of umoria.exe to run in compatibility mode
>> for Windows 95 and run as an administrator, but without luck.
>>
>> Any idea how to get it running on this 64-bit machine, or am I
>> "S.O.L."?
>>

> It's not going to run in 64-bit. I have a 32-bit build of 5.5.2 that
> I did last year (both console and windowed versions) that I sent to a
> very limited number of folks for feedback. If you're desperately in
> need of a PC Moria fix, drop me a line and and I'll let you give it a
> run.

Of course, the other option is to install something like DOSBox
(http://www.dosbox.com/) on your Vista machine and run umoria inside
that.

kaleto

Feb 27, 2010, 3:15:29 PM2/27/10
Awesome! I didn't even think of that. Thanks!

"Slor" <se...@rols.ten> wrote in message

ith...@gmail.com

Aug 6, 2015, 7:12:08 PM8/6/15
On Saturday, February 13, 2010 at 5:50:43 PM UTC-5, kaleto wrote:
> I'm attempting to run umoria 5.5.2 on a Vista Home Premium 64-bit computer
> and get an error message saying it's "not compatible with the version of
> Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information to see
> whether you need an x86 (32-bit) or x64 (64-bit) version of the program."
> 96
> I changed the properties of umoria.exe to run in compatibility mode for
> Windows 95 and run as an administrator, but without luck.96
>
> Any idea how to get it running on this 64-bit machine, or am I "S.O.L."?

I'm in need of 64 bit moria too! Pls help. ithra96atgmail

benshadwick

Aug 7, 2015, 10:23:00 AM8/7/15
Earlier this year I imported the UMoria source history into a Github project and created a couple of 32-bit Windows ports of 5.6 on branches. Since these are native Windows ports, they should run fine in 64-bit as well.

You can find them at https://github.com/HunterZ/umoria/releases