Finished 7DRL: Floating Eye: The Game

purplearcanist

Mar 13, 2010, 2:01:01 PM3/13/10
I finished my 7DRL. It is Floating Eye: The Game.

Balance may be off, as I did not want to test it. Its more of a Six
Day Roguelike, as I got bored of programming it halfway.

Anyways, enjoy! If you have balance issues or bug finds, I am free
to address them.

http://sites.google.com/site/eliotglaironapplets/7DRL.jar?attredirects=0&d=1

Michael Dürwald

Mar 13, 2010, 2:56:04 PM3/13/10

I gave it at try... but there is no help, no introducing text, i don't
even know what to do...

purplearcanist

Mar 13, 2010, 3:35:23 PM3/13/10
On Mar 13, 12:56 pm, Michael Dürwald <uschkinredsunsh...@gmx.de>
wrote:

Did you try to press ? at the beginning?

Michael Dürwald

Mar 13, 2010, 4:56:12 PM3/13/10

Even that is nowhere noticed :-( before your posting i tried it ingame
without any results... in the title screen there is the problem that
"caps lock" (the modifier for question mark) is counted as a keypress.

Maybe any key should be replaced by e.g. space?

Greetings
Michael

purplearcanist

Mar 13, 2010, 5:21:56 PM3/13/10

I have fixed this issue. ? should now work with the first press.
Also, it tells you what to do.

Thanks

Michael Dürwald

Mar 13, 2010, 5:46:28 PM3/13/10

>> Greetings??

>> Michael
>
> I have fixed this issue. ? should now work with the first press. Also,
> it tells you what to do.
>
> Thanks

Well; doesn't work... are you checking the actual characters or maybe
keyboard scancodes ? If i use "keyPressed" from the KeyListener interface
i can grab the question mark.

Greetings

purplearcanist

Mar 13, 2010, 7:03:51 PM3/13/10

I am checking the keyboard scancodes. Why doesn't that work? It
works on my computer.

Here are the controls:

yku
h.l
bmn

or numpad keys to move.

left/right arrows to rotate vision.
you gaze at enemies (put them in your vision). When they hit you,
*ZAP* paralyzation.

0-9 when you get an ability to activate them

Fobbah

Mar 15, 2010, 9:36:12 AM3/15/10
lol funny little game :P

purplearcanist

Mar 23, 2010, 10:48:30 PM3/23/10
I made a few revisions to the roguelike, minor bugfixes and
readjustments. If you want to try the original, you can find it here:

http://sites.google.com/site/eliotglaironapplets/7DRL_original.jar?attredirects=0&d=1