7DRL - World Wrestling Roguelike (WWRL)

Michael Curran

Mar 8, 2010, 12:47:36 PM3/8/10
All the excitement of professional wrestling in glorious ASCII
detail. Or so I hope. Official notice I suppose, I started at 8 AM
EST today (delayed start due to computer "emergency" at in-laws). No
website yet, and it looks like I am yet another first time entrant.

karmarogue

Mar 8, 2010, 6:49:28 PM3/8/10

Looking forward to playing this!

Michael Curran

Mar 8, 2010, 8:58:46 PM3/8/10

Don't get too excited, it's my first game released on the interwebs so
I'll be happy to just get ot working smoothly.

Michael Curran

Mar 9, 2010, 9:53:02 AM3/9/10

Day 1:
I have a ring and splash screen, and it compiles. I declare victory
for day 1.
http://nichetechguy.blogspot.com/2010/03/7drl-day-1-screen-takes-shape.html

Michael Curran

Mar 9, 2010, 10:46:06 PM3/9/10

> Day 1:
> I have a ring and splash screen, and it compiles.  I declare victory
> for day 1.http://nichetechguy.blogspot.com/2010/03/7drl-day-1-screen-takes-shap...

Day 2:
I have gotten one of the wrestlers moving under player control. No
combat maneuvers yet, but the back end is starting to come together
nicely.
http://nichetechguy.blogspot.com/2010/03/7drl-day-2-wrestler-grows-legs.html

Michael Curran

Mar 11, 2010, 12:07:41 AM3/11/10
> nicely.http://nichetechguy.blogspot.com/2010/03/7drl-day-2-wrestler-grows-le...

Day 3: More control and infrastructure work. I wasted far too much
time developing the "perfect" facing engine. At least I won't have to
worry about that, I guess, but I'd rather have the hour and a half
back.

http://nichetechguy.blogspot.com/2010/03/7drl-day-3-sprinting-wrestlers-and-lost.html

Michael Curran

Mar 12, 2010, 9:45:20 AM3/12/10
> http://nichetechguy.blogspot.com/2010/03/7drl-day-3-sprinting-wrestle...

Day 4: Combat and AI. Victory! I have an AI that can be fought and
pinned to win the match. Turns out that the time "wasted" yesterday
on facing yielded code that was perfect for targeting and homing in
the AI to a target. I was planning to have a game play video today,
but as I finished up after 1 am this morning, screen caps will have to
do.

http://nichetechguy.blogspot.com/2010/03/7drl-day-4-fighting-and-falling.html

Michael Curran

Mar 13, 2010, 9:07:14 AM3/13/10
> http://nichetechguy.blogspot.com/2010/03/7drl-day-4-fighting-and-fall...

Day 5: Cleanup, and message management. Victory for the day, though
I'm running out of time. The AI is still pretty brain dead, but
getting it thinking is part of the plan for today. I now have running
attacks moving smoothly and holds implement. No new screen caps
today, nothing really new to see.
http://nichetechguy.blogspot.com/2010/03/7drl-day-5-working-but-not-finished.html

Michael Curran

Mar 14, 2010, 9:13:51 AM3/14/10
> today, nothing really new to see.http://nichetechguy.blogspot.com/2010/03/7drl-day-5-working-but-not-f...

Day 6: Time for spit and polish. I've still got a ton of work to do,
but the game is basically playable at this point. The wrestlers'
moves aren't differentiated, the weakest wrestlers get beaten
senseless and the AI won't try to win, but it is still interesting to
play. Well, I'll see what I can get completed today before release.

http://nichetechguy.blogspot.com/2010/03/day-6-spit-and-polish.html