what I like in Roguelikes

uglyvan

Jul 26, 2021, 10:14:24 AM7/26/21
1° having lots of overpowerful items,
2° building up a hyper powerful character
3° exploding monsters in one round or two
4° finding hidden doors which unlock special levels

:)

( well, it can get called tourist lol )

hollowone

Aug 2, 2021, 3:11:31 PM8/2/21
to uglyvan
To: uglyvan
-=> uglyvan wrote to rec.games.roguelike.devel <=-

ug> From Newsgroup: rec.games.roguelike.development

ug> 1ř having lots of overpowerful items,
ug> 2ř building up a hyper powerful character
ug> 3ř exploding monsters in one round or two
ug> 4ř finding hidden doors which unlock special levels
ug> :)
ug> ( well, it can get called tourist lol )
ug> --- Synchronet 3.18a-Linux NewsLink 1.113

Are you going to build one with above feats or just playing some from the
existing list that's already huge?

/h1
--- MultiMail/Win v0.52
--- Synchronet 3.18a-Linux NewsLink 1.113
Message from the AmigaCity BBS. Join us at: telnet://amigacity.xyz

uglyvan

Aug 3, 2021, 2:17:36 AM8/3/21
oh! an Amiga fan !
( I say )
if I had money I would buy Motorola and produce a hardware based on a 68070 ( or 68080 lol )
with support for Amigaos, but also Atari and Next ( I can't remember if BeOs was running on 68000 )
the hardware would be using a processor at say 1 GHz with say 1 GB, with lots of USB ports, no HD nor DVD,
system would reside in a USB ROM and I would sell it for 50 Euros/Dollars
then I would recruit programmers to renew old games it will get called Video Games Anthology
:)