7DRL Success: Bane of the Living

Derrick Creamer

Mar 15, 2010, 10:13:47 AM3/15/10
Bane of the Living is now a playable, winnable, and hopefully fun and
interesting roguelike. In all this, I consider it a success - its main
failure is that it's not the game I set out to make (yet - consider
this a preview).

I'll have screenshots, source, and binaries for you all later today.

-Derrick Creamer

Derrick Creamer

Mar 16, 2010, 6:13:00 PM3/16/10

Sorry for the delays, folks - screenshots, source code and linux
binary are available at http://code.google.com/p/bane-of-the-living-7drl-version/downloads/list
.

This is a small game, but there's some fun to be had - right now, it's
mostly a game of managing your supply of corpses.

There are a few intermittent bugs I have yet to squash, but they don't
seem to come up too often.

Windows executable will be up tomorrow morning - one more
compatibility issue to address.

-Derrick Creamer

Geoffrey White

Mar 30, 2010, 6:08:44 PM3/30/10
Cool game.

I'm not sure if I worked out all the keys though, this game would really
benefit from help!

I also got a segmentation fault in one game.

- Geoffrey White

Derrick Creamer

Mar 31, 2010, 11:37:09 AM3/31/10
On Mar 30, 6:08 pm, Geoffrey White <geoffrey-

Thanks! Although the .zip has a readme file that contains some of the
commands not listen in-game, I agree - better help is needed. I'm
working on the feature-complete 7DRL+ version now, which will solve
all of these problems and make the battles interesting turn-to-turn
(by adding the special attacks the undead were supposed to have, plus
items).

-Derrick Creamer