7DRL Success: RunRight

trys...@comcast.net

Mar 13, 2010, 2:41:44 AM3/13/10
My week has ended and RunRight, my first roguelike and my largest
Haskell program so far, is done.

w,a,s,d to move
q to quit
, to pick something up
1-9,L,R,A to use, drop, or equip the corresponding item

All weapons do the same damage but have different secondary effects:
Axes can remove trees.
Picks can remove rocks.
Swords have a 50% chance of instantly killing by decapitation.
Cricket bats have a 50% chance of knocking the target back.
Shield rods have different effects based on which of the three shields
you have equipped.

There's no clever or innovative gameplay and the code is a perfect
example of ugly kudges and poor thinking but taking on a group of
zombies while duel wielding a sword and cricket bat can be rather fun.

Postmortem: http://strangelyspartan.blogspot.com/2010/03/post-moretem-for-runright-2010-7drl.html

Haskell source: http://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B8Y80LIrP1hMZTUxNmVmOGEtZmM1ZS00OTA4LThkODctNjZmMTllMGViMWYy&hl=en

Windows binary: http://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B8Y80LIrP1hMMzk1YWNjMTMtMzQwNC00MmZlLTlmNDEtZjJmYWY4YTNiMmI5&hl=en

Geoffrey White

Mar 20, 2010, 6:12:40 AM3/20/10
I'm very impressed that you wrote a roguelike in Haskell. Unfortunately
having to press return after each input limited it's appeal for me.

- Geoffrey White